Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto Tune quick set up

5 posters

Go down

Auto Tune quick set up Empty Auto Tune quick set up

Post by Bignuggs Mon 07 Jul 2014, 6:14 pm

Came across this yesterday.  It's an interesting way of using the auto tune and make of it what you will.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Auto Tune quick set up Empty Re: Auto Tune quick set up

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jul 2014, 7:44 am

this isnt a very good way to auto tune coz u have tuned into the ground immediately in front of u.

if u are having problems with EMI especially in the Pilbra then leave your machine in MANUAL TUNE and simply twist the RIGHT HAND KNOB a full half turn..problem solvered.

i usually have my machine in FIXED on the front panel--as I find that fixed doesnt have a tendency to cancel the target--especially faint ones--the ones you dwell over whether its a target or not--just dig..

I havent come across anyone that hasnt heard the beaps when the machine is auto tuning..and 3 beeps when shes done.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Tue 08 Jul 2014, 6:36 pm

I hold the coil about 12" off the ground when tuning, why hold the coil 3 foot above the ground to tune when that is not where you swing the coil.
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jul 2014, 6:50 am

I have been using the same method as Rob Allison for many years now and it works perfectly. You have to remember that the coil field is all round and beside the coil not just pointing downwards.
I also use tracking and am yet to track out a nugget.
Rob is a very experience dealer/detectorist.
Each to his own I guess.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mingo Thu 10 Jul 2014, 5:47 pm

I dont know whether its coincidence or Karratha starts chewing power at 8am but out on the flats this morning all was quiet with the tuner at the high end, then at 8am it started getting noisy, by 8.05am it was out of control, pointed the machine at the offending power lines, re-auto tuned, it dropped 100 and stayed sweet all day.

Mingo

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:39 pm

I've found that if I hold the coil out at waist height, move it through 360 degrees until I pick the noisiest quadrant and then auto tune, it work s fine. I guess it depends on where the interference is coming from. Radio/TV stations, fence lines, railway lines can be hugely noisy, but then sometimes hot rocks and the actual soil can be the problem. Whatever works on the day. You just got to try it all until you get it right or pack up and go home.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:31 pm

Another interference to consider is HAARP . Some days if you go on the bom weather national  radar map you can see it most days ,straight thin cloud formations that are unnatural & usually come from Exmouth & go for 1000km or so in any direction depending on the day . There were some others over the years that were amazing , a perfect circle of thick cloud around kal 1000 km diameter & another around Esperance . Don't know a lot about it ,secret squirrel gov business , man made & works on aiming electro magnetics into the ionosphere &heating it up causing clouds . not sure of its purpose , but some say its a tool for oil / mineral exploration & changes weather patterns also . plenty on google about it .

Last edited by albo on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : YEP spelling, haarp , not harp)
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum