Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yalgoo Gold

+9
Downunder
NuggieDreamer
picknshovel
Flouro
goldstrijk
aussie18
Flying kiwi
cruiser1
martinjsto
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yalgoo Gold Empty Yalgoo Gold

Post by martinjsto Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:36 pm

hi all, we just got back from our trip to Kalbarri and on to Yalgoo for the long weekend.
We are looking for a property up that way and after spending Friday and Saturday looking at Kalbarri and Northampton took off to Yalgoo for a day Prospecting. we stayed at the Yalgoo Caravan park and were greeted by Albert a keen prospector and Kerry (hope I got the names right guys) the proprietors, staying in their brand new units. I can highly recommend staying at the park with their newly built amenities and units made from local rammed earth, it is a first class stay with friendly campers who all seemed to find some gold. we found the town folk friendly and the local pub doing a generous brazed lamb shank dinner and other yummy specials between 6 and 8 i believe, but no chef on Sunday guys as I found out after promising the good wife a lovely meal  spank  ( the lady owner helped us with a feed by providing some chips and pies, bless her) so enjoyed our stay for 2 nights and hit the field on Sunday teaming up with a fellow we met on Saturday night new to the area as well and unsure of where to go. I had done a fair bit of research of the ground and Tengraph and had a nice looking spot in mind so off we went as the sparrows farted. we parked up only a stone throw away from the road and got setup, first few hrs were quiet but then we hit a nugget then another next to a small creek, John the fellow we teamed up with did well and got the main run but i soon got a few myself after a bit of thinking back to what Jase had told me adjusted my settings a twitch and bingo. We had a great day picking up 4 nice little bits for 2.5 g and John getting 12 bits for 16.5 g one of 4.2g.
Unfortunately I only have pics of the gold we found posted bellow.

Yalgoo Gold 10426510

I am so please that we found a small patch in one day's detecting and that John picked up some good gold to start his trip. since then we have chatted to a fellow Karen knows in Kalbarri who does a bit there and he showed us a beaut 68g piece from the same area..  kwdf 
definitely going to explore Yalgoo a lot more especially if we end up buying in Northamton.
cheers all and keep your coil low

martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Yalgoo Gold Empty Re: Yalgoo Gold

Post by cruiser1 Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:08 pm

Nice going there Martin considering your short time frame there,beaut nuggets.Got a mate living at Northhampton,for a few years now.Set himself up with bed & breakfast and alpaccas in the paddock.He loves it up there even bought a shack on the waterfront at Horricks as he is a mad keen fisherman.Dont think he will leave now.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:50 pm

cheers Phill, Im keen on fishing too and like the location. seems to be a nice town and property values are not too bad and im all for the warmer weather.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 6:24 am

nice going martin--

maybe u should buy a holiday shack in Yalgoo stocked with a few essentials like Pancake Mix bacon and eggs for a nice Sunday breaky..

I'm sure u could hire it out to a few members on here..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 03 Jun 2014, 11:19 am

nice one martin always good to lob onto a run!!!  Very Happy we had a blast down the road from ya.
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 03 Jun 2014, 2:17 pm

thanks Tom, Ray, it was a lovely weekend the only thing was the midgies that are still itching, slavered ourselves with botanical cream but it didnt stop the blighters. poor Karen is covered with bites from head to toe and isnt use to it so is suffering badly. getting some chamomile lotion for her. i also found two complete tins with lids still attached, one is a 1920 to 1930 Aunt Mary's baking powder and the other is a tobacco tin i think.
this is the first very little "patch" I have come across putting together ground from geomaps and google earth for old mines etc and putting two and two together with mineralization and setup for the 5000 (with the help of suggestions from John) so yep pretty pleased.
We are looking to move up there Ray so need something permanent, might be something to look at later on.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Yalgoo Gold Empty Re: yalgoo gold

Post by aussie18 Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:14 pm

Karen has about 10 days of itching to look forward to martin, and I still have scab's where bitten from 3 weeks ago. i guestimate I had 400-500 bites and the botanical does not stop em. if she has trouble sleeping with the itch I was taken phenergan. bloody wonder drug, knocks you around in that it makes you sleepy but great to stop the itch when trying to get a good night sleep. available over the shelf at chemist.
they are savage blitters but so would you if you don't get a feed very often  lol! 
bloody nice nugg's for limited swinging, and ya mate done awesome Yalgoo Gold 1424279845 
that spot's a keeper
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Yalgoo Gold Empty Yalgoo Gold

Post by goldstrijk Tue 03 Jun 2014, 4:41 pm

Top stuff martin, got to be happy with those nugs kwdf 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Tue 03 Jun 2014, 5:17 pm

Hi Martin,

Well done with the yellow from Yalgoo, with the midgie bites we used a clear roll on deodorant, it instantly takes the sting away...last year I had about 60 bites on each forearm(I forget how many!!) but it sure saved my sanity

Great fishing at Horrocks and if you take the other fork and head north to Wagoe beach, also great fishing, couldn't go wrong living in that area, most people would have a home for holidays unless you are about to retire

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by picknshovel Tue 03 Jun 2014, 7:57 pm

..dunno if the calamine lotion will do to much to soothe the itch, midge bites are the baddest, but i got a trick for ya so your Mrs can get some relief.

Boil the kettle, well, not boilin, but bloody hot but not to bloody hot, and fill ur cup, dip a flanel or
dishcloth into it a lil bit and dab once or twice onto bites for a split second, just gotta get some heat onto them for a half sec, wait coupla mins and the irritation should be gone for 6 hours plus, repeat as necessary when the itch returns, it works.

Don't scratch, Dab. I used ta dab me ciggi butt on em, but the skin burnt to easy, gotta be quick.

Gratz with the little finds also.  cheers
picknshovel
picknshovel

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:59 pm

sure am Pete, over the moon. cheers guys I will try anything ATM pickandshovel, cheers,  Yalgoo Gold 4066623196 . yes Jase a good area and it covers quite a few sq KM so plenty to explore, I am hoping to go back there to hit it hard for a week in a few weeks time after front yard is re landscaped. love fishing Ron, I spend time working as a lad on the mulie boats out of freo and then on fishing charter boats off perth, a small boat is in the budget already and I hit the beaches when i can. its a big part of why we like the area and add the closeness to the fields its seems to be the way forward for us.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Wed 04 Jun 2014, 6:54 pm

Awesome to find your own patch in the time you had Martin, nice pic too.
Every time I've been to Yalgoo, it looks like no-one's home.
Only ever tried a bit north of town a bit on the west side of the road, was a bit too reefy and rough trek'n but had to give it a try when the land was open to try it out but 2 days wasn't enough.

PS.
If your still looking for Boat, my 18' Quintrex is reluctantly for sale...
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Downunder Fri 20 Jun 2014, 7:08 pm

G,Day Martin and Karen,

I did find some more but small ones only, but all in fun just being out bush.
I went about 4ks up the road and hit another patch but this area was small but still gave up gold, biggest nugget from this patch was 2.1g.Its was great day out, hope to do it again one day thanks for the invite once again.

photo is of first day out with Martin and Karen.

Last edited by Downunder on Fri 20 Jun 2014, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Downunder
Downunder

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 20 Jun 2014, 7:41 pm

Hi John good to see you here. well done on the gold, it all adds up, keep extending the little patches. im sure there is a nice chunk out there with your name on it buddy. we are happy to pick up anything that glitters and going to hit it again soon.
good crowd on here and lots of good info.
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Downunder Fri 20 Jun 2014, 7:52 pm

martinjsto wrote:Hi John good to see you here. well done on the gold, it all adds up, keep extending the little patches. im sure there is a nice chunk out there with your name on it buddy. we are happy to pick up anything that glitters and going to hit it again soon.
good crowd on here and lots of good info.
Martin

Thanks just trying to put a better photo up that one is not good at all, back at work internet keeps dropping out bugger  Sad .
Downunder
Downunder

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:34 pm

hi guys, followed up with a trip back to the same spot with a couple of newbie mates. we found the patch just west of the Might Be mine north of town about 16km, there is a definite track into the patch now about 600mt b4 the mines heading west and only a stones throw from the road if anyone wants to take a look but good luck, its amazing what a few weeks does when the rumour goes around about a small find. the spot was raked clean over the main run and down to the creek. most logs were moved and after spending 4 days going over every square inch I did manage to find 2 more small nuggets. we camped just over the back of the hills and met up with at least 6 other prospector teams whilst there. the place was crawling with hopeful people from every state. the caravan park was busy and although I did drop in to say hello, Albert and Kerry were out, sorry I missed you guys. we had beautiful weather but I took a flue with me and spent the whole week having cold sweats and night fever and coughing my guts up. I still swung for 8 hrs each day but it was hard going.  my mates didnt find any gold but did well for their first time out finding small bird shot and old staples just didnt walk over what little gold is left there. we explored the area and drove out to Gabyon Station said hello and proceeded to Gunaguda Hill area for a day with no luck again.
all in all a great trip with great memories, some i wont go into details of like the curry sausages my mate made for a meal one night and me waking up in a coughing fit with the worst result,   Shocked  ahh gold prospecting gota luv it.

the track i made

Yalgoo Gold Tracks10

the gold specks

Yalgoo Gold Img_0211

Yalgoo Gold Img_0212

Yalgoo Gold Img_0213
Yalgoo Gold Img_0210
Yalgoo Gold Img_0211
Yalgoo Gold Img_0212
Yalgoo Gold Img_0213
Yalgoo Gold Img_0214
Yalgoo Gold Img_0215
Yalgoo Gold Img_0216
Yalgoo Gold Img_0217

sory about the pic on their side and quality.
cheers
Martin

Last edited by Bignuggs on Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Flipped the photos)
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 16 Jul 2014, 2:47 pm

nice one martin off tomorrow for a couple of days cant wait!!
looks like you did a few miles on that patch!! Cool 
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Wed 16 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm

Hey Tom,
Good luck mate, couldn't make it this time, going second week of Aug
Don't want to push my luck at work haha paeirgcy vp 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jul 2014, 5:22 pm

geez martin I'd sack the cook--but I wouldn't hire Cliff--that bugger stuffs up baked beans--

lol! 

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:16 pm

Nice place Yalgoo. Close enough to Gero for a day trip to have a swing, when the itch gets too bad. Great caravan park to spend a few days at. Still a bit of gold around the place but you need to get into the bush a few K's as a general rule.
We'll be back out through there in a fortnights time and always spend at least a few days in the caravan park.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Downunder Wed 16 Jul 2014, 9:20 pm

Wow, nice going Martin good to see you still got gold out of it.
Downunder
Downunder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Thu 17 Jul 2014, 4:02 am

Looks like you all had a good time and find some gold good on ya Martin
Cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 17 Jul 2014, 10:25 am

thanks guys, good luck Tom, any gold is good gold so i am wrapped to come home with something in the jar and i am sure there are still a few bits around there especially in the creek. i put a day in the creek clearing best i could and pinged 4 pieces of lead one around 5g and there are plenty of spots i couldnt check due to the litter and under growth.

I am never too good on the curry Ray, lol and combined with the flue  it was inevitable and I think my "mates" set me up as they do.  to pass the time we played jackpot blackjack and in betweens through the nights and I was up at one stage around a hungie but was whittled back over the week to being 15 bucks up by the end of the trip, one mate dave lost about $120, and Damo walked away covering his fuel money. great trip with great mates that are both very keen for another trip and may attend the muster.  the scotch flowed freely till midnight, too cold for beer, and we had a massive full moon for the last few days, it was very cold but beautiful nights.
looks like the property in Northampton is going through and settles early in August so next year will be a big year for us and your all invited to stop in if travelling that way. got some work to do on the Pajero b4 the muster, rebuilding the Turbo as its got 200k on her now and has developed a slight whine and a full lube and service then ready again for the next trip. I may get out again b4 muster and would like to explore the Yalgoo to Payne's find road a bit more, see how the bank goes.
cheers guys
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by feverpitch Sat 19 Jul 2014, 1:46 pm

Hi Martin,I noticed on my map of WA workings there's a group of them directly to the SW of Yalgoo,possibly one or two hundred k's out.There's a road heading due south of Wurarga that heads right into that gold belt.Have you ever tried there?Or if not do you know anything about them? Thanks,Trev.

feverpitch

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 19 Jul 2014, 7:54 pm

Hi Trev i have been out that way for only half a day as a stop in on way home. there is some good ground out there that i will hit someday. I didn't find any gold but im sure its there judging by the geo maps and what i have seen. the old mines are always interesting and there are a few not in mindex well worth a week exploring
cheers
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum