Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

optimum performance--have a tweak

2 posters

Go down

optimum performance--have a tweak Empty optimum performance--have a tweak

Post by Guest Thu 15 May 2014, 7:07 am

when out bush and u still haven't mastered your machine because u r too scared to play with the settings then u might not be getting your just results for the effort..

a few basic buttons u will want to tweak are:
RX GAIN
STABILISER
TARGET VOLUME
ENHANCED / GENERAL/NORMAL
MANUAL TUNE--

If yah machine gets the jitterers every now and then -- rather than whinge--like a lot of so called experienced keyboard prospectors do--leave yah machine controls in manual tune and when it gets the wobbles just reach around and turn the right hand knob --this will take the machine to a slightly different setting--eg your machine might set itself to 165--twist the knob and u go to 175 app..--end of warbling and the effects of so called EMI.

I don't recommend u use Cancel..
Iron Reject ---OFF

have a go--the machine wont bite u--and if u balls it up all together u can reset the settings.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

optimum performance--have a tweak Empty Re: optimum performance--have a tweak

Post by Pebbles Fri 16 May 2014, 6:40 pm

You make some good points there, Ray. It’s just too easy to leave your settings alone. After all, you’ve found gold with them, why change?
Last year on one particular patch I tweaked the RX Gain / Stabilizer settings on my 4500 and was pleasantly surprised to pick up those signals previously missed.
I’ve never really played around much with the auto / manual tune, but from what you’ve said I will have a look at that too.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 May 2014, 6:46 pm

the trouble with most punters Col is that they want an automatic machine somewhat like a automatic on a car--go up a hill/ plough through river wash and they want it to change gears.

unfortunately u have to change gears on these machines--
have u flicked between Enhanced and Normal and listen to the target--

these little things is what will make your ears pop up and listen and the result will be more gold.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by gim Sun 18 May 2014, 7:20 am

got given the same info from a couple of weeks ago, leave it on manual tune and just play with it if it gets noisy, even if someone is getting close to you, give it a tweak.

Gim  gpost 
gim
gim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum