Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geomap fault

4 posters

Go down

Geomap fault Empty Geomap fault

Post by homer08 Mon 21 Apr 2014, 1:33 pm

I have been having trouble with opening my saved projects in Geomap for a while now.
When i open a project map, a box comes up saying ' Geomap.WA has stopped working' windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Its getting to be a pain as i am looking at heading out in a week to try my luck.
Any help is appreciated.
It does work occasionally
Neil.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Geomap fault Empty Re: Geomap fault

Post by martinjsto Mon 21 Apr 2014, 2:36 pm

I have a similar issue with G/E, especially when saving data. It has to do with the available memory allocated to the software, in G/E you can increase a bit but cant find setting in Geomaps. in G/E i only load heavy layers such as tenements and mines after I have loaded a separate kml file/folder of my saved old scrapes and anything interesting I have marked with a pin. in your case could have a corrupt or too large project file so try downloading the map again and opening it in a new project, if thats ok then your data file is corrupt or just too big to open. you may have to add all your layers again, you could try uninstalling and re installing geomaps again but i dont think it will help for your saved projects. sorry I cant help any further.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sat 26 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm

It will be a Java issue, just uninstall old java and re install the latest java version.

Pete
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Apr 2014, 7:15 am

Pete, I've got the same statue as you have in your avatar!

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sun 27 Apr 2014, 10:16 am

Gday Rob, its a small world mate  Very Happy  the X got it for me at a hippy festival way back, lost the poor thing when i moved to WA years ago..
Hope all's well up in the big "D" Rob  Wink Cool 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 27 Apr 2014, 2:50 pm

Like Pete says, it is probably a java problem so check your computer settings and change it to allow java updates at all times.
Not sure if Geomaps uses a citrix platform but I found I had to uninstall and update that last week as tengraph wouldn't work and thats another problem.
Now this is a long shot and depends on what browser you are using. If you are using firefox, I'm finding it is playing up something shocking lately and is crashing a lot.
buggered if I know why but never have it set to update automatically, it'll screw with ya computer and you will have to do a restore.
I'm not sure about IE or Chrome as I don't use them.
I'm also finding Adobe flashplayer and shockwave have issues and mess with your computer, it just locks everything up. Like I say, it's a long shot.
Windows solutions ? bloody useless and sometimes the Windows updates can be faulty and they will mess with ya computer. There's plenty on the internet to let you know which ones are playing havoc, check you update list to see if you have the update causing trouble and get rid of it.
Don't ya just luv modern technology  Evil or Very Mad 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 7:06 pm

Well that went well, I have tried everything and with all the downloading iv'e done its totally messed up now  confused .
The good side is that its not the computer i will take with me next week (going to need a computer geek for this one), although the prospecting comp has the same issue.
I got a call back today from Joel at DMP, He is going to talk me through it over the phone and see if we cant get it right.
Will let you know how it goes.
Neil.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 7:08 pm

sounds like u need a bit of divine intervention

good luck

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 28 Apr 2014, 7:11 pm

Delete it from your programs and try a reinstall.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 Sat 03 May 2014, 12:18 pm

All sorted and done it myself...unbelievable.
downloaded a link from Bill and Udo to new DMP Geomaps.
Two days to spare, finish packing and off we go.
Thanks to all who offered help.
Yeeha seeyas

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum