Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the gold purity of Nuggets found in different areas of western australia

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

What is the gold purity of Nuggets found in different areas of western australia Empty Re: What is the gold purity of Nuggets found in different areas of western australia

Post by rarebreed Tue 25 Mar 2014, 12:20 pm

It varies greatly from region to region, Generally speaking you can expect 85 - 95%
Some regions have a high silver content, i have noticed this around Leinster and also Paynes.
Up north you will on occasion stumble across 90-98% pretty rare though generally speaking.

Only real way you will ever know what your purity is in a specific area you might be working is to have it assayed.
I hear North Queensland has pretty much the richest % in nuggets.

I have a nugget i found in Leinster which has a high silver content in it, when i pulled it out of the ground it was amazingly bright, it has since tarnished and almost has a blackish tinge to it because of the silver oxidising.

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

What is the gold purity of Nuggets found in different areas of western australia Empty Re: What is the gold purity of Nuggets found in different areas of western australia

Post by purple-dragon Thu 27 Mar 2014, 7:36 am

The nuggets I get around Cue come out of the ground looking like they have already been cleaned and polished ,but 150km to the east and you could walk straight past a sunbaker and not recognise it ,the colour variation is remarkable ,-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:11 pm

Too right about far North Queensland  Cool  Ebagoolah Nuggets are around 80% ask JP Yet just up the road 150 - 200km some of the most splendid Nuggets you can Lay your eyes on  Shocked  But just try finding it.. Most impossable terrain you would ever come across affraid
Found Nuggets in the Murrin area ranging from 90 - 95%  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributer Sat 29 Mar 2014, 7:56 pm

My family has a good pile of assay results from refiners (mainly PWBeck) for gold from all over the WA goldfields spanning a 20 year period. The results agree with what rarebreed says. Most results come in at 88-94% gold with 92% being average. But there are a couple shockers with 15% silver. Many of the parcels sent contained gold from a single general location but some parcels were gold from many locations chucked into a parcel. A good point to note is that parcels from the same patches but sent in a few years apart came up with the same assay results. This helps us believe that Becks assay results are accurate. Very Happy 
cheers Tributer
Tributer
Tributer

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 30 Mar 2014, 9:37 am

most Murchison gold , even nth meeka is 95% , some gold i found in halls ck , even east Pilbara in some locations where the patches are closer to granite structures seem to have gold that can drop to 50 - 75% , the rest is silver & the gold is visibly whiter .Anyone else ?
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 30 Mar 2014, 9:41 am

are all right then, Xmarks the spot .... Boodalary ck east Nullagine & halls ck , lamboo stn nth 5-8 km .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 2:17 pm

gold from dry blowing went 92% with 6.5% silver--both PWBeck and the Perth Mint came to the same result.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum