Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

laptop questions

3 posters

Go down

laptop questions Empty laptop questions

Post by ronybaby49 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 4:26 pm

hi all, i just need some information regarding the longtron laptop that reeds are selling.
i am in need of something to take into the field to show where i am in relation to leases etc.
am working at the moment with a hema6 and a garmin 62s which is ok but would like visual
conformation of lease boundries etc. i know everybody is busy preparing for trips away but if you can
help it would be much appreciated. regards ron..

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

laptop questions Empty Re: laptop questions

Post by Nightjar Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:03 pm

$990.00 what a joke, shop around Rony, seek and you will find.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Wed 05 Mar 2014, 6:44 pm

Hi Ron

First up I wouldn’t even consider the Longtron laptop at that price. Last year I bought a new Asus Ultra notebook for $490 (Arrow Computers). Its specifications exceeded those of the Longtron and it also came loaded with Windows 8 and Touch screen. I’m sure that if you shopped around you would be able to pick up a suitable second hand PC for a good price.

Before you commit to buying anything however, there are a couple of things that you might like to consider. I believe that now the Geomap software can be loaded onto a Windows tablet that also comes with its own built in GPS. Another thing to be aware of is that most laptop screens aren’t particularly good in bright light.

Having said all that, the Geomap software is a ripper. I used it for the first time last year and now would not go away without it! I could rabbit on about it, but recommend that you look at the training tutorials on the DMP site. I see that you are located here in WA, so I suggest that if you get the chance drop into the DMP in Plain Street and speak to somebody in the library section . I have always found them to be more than helpful.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by ronybaby49 Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:06 pm

thanks peter and col for your replies, i have had a look at different laptop /tablet combinations
but being 64 and tech challenged doesn't help.lol. all jokes aside i think i really need someone to
tell/suggest to me what to buy and instruct me on how to set it all up. if either of you gents have the
time or the inclinaction to help me it would be much appreciated .. ps i can travel and dont mind paying
for your help..i mainly just want to stay legal so i can enjoy my experience in the bush.. pm me if you will..
regards ron..

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:03 pm

PM sent

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by ronybaby49 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:26 pm

hi pebbles, and happy birthday  eafgh  i havent received your pm ,if you want text me
your phone no and i will give you a call. regards ron 0417176312...

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum