Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WA Tengraph

3 posters

Go down

WA Tengraph Empty WA Tengraph

Post by Bignuggs Sat 05 Nov 2011, 10:25 am

Tengraph is a useful tool. There's no excuse for getting caught on someones lease.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

WA Tengraph Empty Re: WA Tengraph

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 7:07 am

Oh yes there is BigNuggs,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I've heard most of 'em! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

WA Tengraph Empty WA Tengraph

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 5:53 pm

Hey Bignuggs,
Is there anyone that does a course on this? It's doin my head in!
Goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:13 pm

G'day Goldsrijk,
These guys do a course that includes Tengraph plus other stuff. Might be more than you're looking for but here's the link. Cheers Zap.

Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

you can also try this but it might all be a bit much. If you get the chance, drop into the mapping section at DMP in Perth. They're a helpful bunch and I'm sure they will run thru it with you. they have helped me on how to use it to search.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:42 pm

Also check this out. I find this site goes into a lot of detail and will explain it in plain language.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 7:21 pm

I don't mind answering the odd question about using Tengraph as I'm recovering, sitting on my bum doing not a lot after some surgery. So ask away. I've been a user since the day it was born.

Ask away - ,,,,,,How do I,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Mon 12 Mar 2012, 7:54 pm

Ok, i'll hava go,
"How do you find properties & owners by street/road name ?? Was trying to find one in Southern Cross with rough co-ords but couldn't get near it ??
Cheers,
Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:05 pm

Zap,

I've been using Tengraph for about 15 years or more and I don't know WTH you're talking about. Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with Google Earth? Tengraph doesn't work like Google Earth. I can tell you how to find who owns a mining tenement and sometime you can get the actual postal address of the leaseowners, but ownership for a private dwelling, I doubt very much. Are we on the same song sheet here? What are you trying to acheive with this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:21 pm

G'day Cat,
Was trying to find a property about 12 miles south/west of Southern Cross on the Marvel Loch road to see if it was Mining or EL. F@#cked if I know who owns it or if its a pastoral lease. Reckon i can find it on Google Earth and get the exact co-ords and search it that way.
The rough co-ords didn't get me close.
Thanks for your help,
Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:15 pm

Zap,

I've had a look at TG using the "12 miles SSW" of S Cross that you quoted. It's only a rough one as your co-ords are pretty rough, but that point is right on the edge of anything that's a pegged lease - it's all vacant. It's also coming into what looks to be an old salt lake area or a swampy bit. Prior to your bit is all granted ELs. However,,,,,,,,and there's always one of those,,,,,,,,,,the area seems to be all Freehold Ground as opposed to Pastoral Leasehold ground. It also looks on Google Earth to be fenced into paddocks, so I reckon it's private farmland held under Freehold title. That raises the higly contentious issue of "Access to Private Land" and it's never easy with some of the farmers that ain't keen on prospectors. Rolling Eyes

Plus at "12 miles" converts to 19kms and that's a large scale map on TG therefore the accuracy isn't brilliant. Refining it down all depends on more accurate info. Please PM if you can provide and further detail - even some from Google Earth will do, even though I don't always trust it. I can be trusted, I've never ripped anyone in my life and I'm too old to start now. For starters, I don't even like Southern Cross as an area!

You certainly picked a doozy to start with! :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:38 pm

Thanks Cat,
Really appreciate that ! Just sussing out some alternatives if the Club doesn't put us on to some good ground at Easter. Like salt lake edges as i've read a few good stories. Only a "virgin" so not expecting to find too much first up, but doing my best and will be pretty pissed if I find f@#k all after 12 months of research !!
Cheers, Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:16 pm

GDAY ZAP
ye the first one hey yep there the hardest ones to find (catch) but believe me it does get easier after that it took me three months to catch my first one
and then ya start to listen to the ground and not every thing around ya and look and learn (if i was a nugget where would i hide) think about it !!!
nature and erosion is the only travelling medium that gold has!!
its out there !!
look for water courses /hills/gullies/slopes/quartz blows (bluey/grey/rust stained)bigger trees /shrubs etc etc
good sratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:27 am

Hey Zap

To get the contact details for property owners ya need to contact LandGate mate.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:05 am

Thanks Pete,,,,,but first he needs to find which property owner to talk to. TG does give you the Freehold numbers, but unlike mining tenements it doesn't give you any contact details. With the Freehold number he can chase up Landgate or DOLA or whatever gubmint dept is running things these days. I'm just now doing a write up on how to use co-ords to find stuff on TG. More soon.

Back to top Go down

WA Tengraph Empty UsingTengrapg with a GPS reading

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

To locate a place on TG when you have the co-ords there are two ways of doing it

1. From the DMP website, load up TG onto your PC

2. Look along the selection bar on the top of the screen and you’ll see a tab marked “Enquiry” (This is a tab that should be called “Enquiry By”) Click on that Enquiry tab.

3. Look down the list of “enquiries” and select Grid Co-ordinates if you’re going to enter the co-ords in Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM). If you’re going to enter the co-ords in Lat/Long than choose “Lat/Long” selection.

4. I use UTM for everything as it’s easier and an increasing number of mappers and GPS users are choosing that instead of the old Lat/Long. But if you do choose to use "Lat/Long" it' just about the same method but in a different box on the screen.

5. After you’ve clicked on “Grid Co-ordinates”, you’ll get a box with some selections to choose from. First enter the ZONE number from your GPS reading.

6. Then move see the cursor move down to the radio button selectables, where you can choose either “SW and NE corners” or “Centre of the Extent”. I always use “Centre of the Extent” and I’ve never found a use for the other choice. So we’ll click on the radio button named “Centre of the Extent”.

7. You’ll now see the cursor in the first panel called “Easting”. Enter the Easting from your GPS screen or the bit of toilet paper that you wrote it down on! Press “tab” to move downwards to the next data entry, “Northing”. Enter the northing reading from your GPS or lavvy paper as above.

8. Next choose the “Area Size” that you want. I just take whatever comes up. More about that later.

9. Next you can choose “Data Load” options. Click on the “Data Load” tab. Here you see a box pop up with many choices in it. This is a list of what you want see on the final map of your spot. Pick what you want and press the “OK” tab, Alternatively, just ignore that box and you’ll get the lot!

10. Now go back to the first box with all the GPS data that you entered and click on the tab marked “Apply”.

11. You’ll then see a Disclaimer Box from the DMP (Mines Dept) which basically “Don’t blame us if this map is wrong and you get lost or stuff up out there!” Click on “OK”

12. The map of the area you are chasing should now load. It may take a few seconds.

13. NOTE – the map will CENTRE precisely on the co-ords from the GPS data that you entered. So whatever you’re looking for will be smack bang in the middle of the screen.

14. Then just use the usual selecting methods to find out who owns the mining tenements that are on your screen – or do we need a lesson in that as well?

15. There is also a way of checking what you just did to confirm your data inputting was correct. This is the second method that I mentioned at the start. I can show you that in the next lesson if anyone’s at all interested. It’s also another way of using GPS readings to find a lease or an area from other data that you may have - such as old maps, stories etc.

16. More soon? Or is that enough. I’m sat here with my legs up after surgery and I can't walk far - I can only just make it to the dunny before I have an "intestinal excursion incident" affraid - so I can type all day. Your choice and I hope this helps someone from being confronted by an angry, pissed off leaseholder that’s paying the rent and rates on the ground that you’ll be standing on when he fronts up at your camp with a Front End Loader about to repark your caravan in the highest branches of the nearest tree!

:rolf:

Last edited by Caterpillar on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Move the image)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:14 am

Nice post mate, i'm sure that will help a few bloke's on their way to using TG
it can be a bugger to understand to a new user.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:29 am

There's more if people want it, Pete. They simply have to start a sentence with "How do I,,,,,,,,,,,?"

Subject to some good news from the quack today, I'm stuck in Perth for days at least - perhaps weeks! Evil or Very Mad WA Tengraph 4066623196 WA Tengraph 729094268

Last edited by Caterpillar on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Tue 13 Mar 2012, 6:34 pm

Feels like i'm back at school Shocked but thanks for the ongoing education. Can walk to Landgate from work so that's handy. Very Happy Cheers Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 6:40 pm

Cat

Hope she heals up quick mate, what a bloody time to be stuck in the big smoke ay jkihyig , bloody seasons just
bout to kick off too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:49 am

Good stuff Cat, TG can be a dog for newbies to pick up on, but a few simple pointers and away ya go Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down