Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checking batteries without a multi meter,

4 posters

Go down

Checking batteries without a multi meter, Empty Checking batteries without a multi meter,

Post by Nightjar Mon 27 Jan 2014, 2:34 pm

Haven't put this to the test so can't guarantee results.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Checking batteries without a multi meter, Empty Re: Checking batteries without a multi meter,

Post by Bignuggs Tue 28 Jan 2014, 8:06 pm

I've never tested those with a multi meter but it's sounds logical. I'll try it next time batteries are a bit iffy.
Now if you want to check the battery in ya mobile phone if it's not holding a charge for too long, here's something shown to me by a phone mob.
Place the battery flat on a flat service (preferably glass or laminex top) and spin it. If it does spin, the battery is stuffed.
If it doesn't spin, the battery is good.
Why, apparently when mobile phone batteries are just about had it, they bulge which allows them to spin. but the bulge isn't really noticable to the human eye.
when my phone gets to the point where it has to be charged everyday, the battery comes out for the spin test. the test works between a new battery and the old one everytime.
another little bit of trivia for ya's. there's a mob in Japan who make what's called a "business" battery for mobile phones. Holds a charge a hell of a lot longer than a standard battery. You'll find them on ebay and they don't cost much more than the standard battery.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Checking batteries without a multi meter, Empty Re: Checking batteries without a multi meter,

Post by CrazyPete Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:25 pm

Meh! Chuck em out  scratch scratch 
Same as using re chargers inya headlamp  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gef12 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:27 pm

Do that with ya truck battery  Very Happy 

gef12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum