Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings fror 2014

2 posters

Go down

Greetings fror 2014 Empty Greetings fror 2014

Post by wandwaver Tue 14 Jan 2014, 6:34 pm

Hello folks,
Don't cull me!!!!
I have been on the road with my husband for 3 months travelling across and around this beautiful big island and haven't been able to log onto this site - minimal internet and mobile coverage. I did have the shakes by the time I got home and was able to get in here to see what you have been up to.
We were planning to head over the Blue Mountains on our trek home to the west but were prevented by the bushfires in November and had to go another route. I hope the NSW DWAG members came through ok. Perhaps I can swing there some other time. We camped at a little spot called Nundle where we had a go, but mostly the gold is in the creek and we weren't set up for panning. Several campers were getting good finds there though. There are also a lot of "Go AWAY" signs around there too, bit unfriendly.
Earlier, while travelling through Qld we camped o/nite on a mountain out of Clermont but time was against us and no prospecting there either. I did however purchase a great little book called Queensland Gold (with maps). If you are interested I can give you the details so that you can ask Mr Google.
Hope you all had a Happy Christmas and are planning to enjoy 2014.
I will be out there waving my wand in April somewhere in the WA goldfields - location is not known yet as the details haven't been finalised.
Perhaps we might meet up with you in the field somewhere.
Also, we went out to Cue in July and did the course run by Udo and Bill and Sue. We learnt heaps and I highly recommend the course to anyone contemplating it. The information and resources you get is priceless. Not only did I find a piece of gold, we made great friends and improved our skills with the ML5000.
Happy trails, stay safe and hope you find good colour this year.
Lyn.

wandwaver

Back to top Go down

Greetings fror 2014 Empty Re: Greetings fror 2014

Post by Bignuggs Tue 14 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

No problems Lyn.  sounds like a good trip ya's had.
and don't worry about big bad Ray, his bite is worse than his bark or vice versa   lol!
he's really a big softie at heart  Very Happy 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum