Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

perth fires

3 posters

Go down

perth fires Empty perth fires

Post by aussie18 Tue 14 Jan 2014, 3:03 pm

well it had to happen I guess, coupla scorchers over the weekend and the hills are on fire. 43.3 on Saturday and it hit 43 before 10am Sunday in the hills and bam away it goes with the freo doctor pushing it along.
my in-laws in MT Helena were I spent xmas day may have been lucky, the know a volunteer firey and he got to check out their property Sunday night and told them the block is burnt but house looks ok, they still will have lost a lot ,sheds, gardens and a brand new $40k camper trailer the brought last week and is uninsured but it seems they are lucky to have a house to return to. they own another block with a large shed on it and that's definitely gone.
to all members in the area hope you got thru ok, zap ? by memory you are in parky hope all is well mate.
the community hall down the road in full up with people burnt out or cannot return yet, the missus has been running down out grown kids clothes and toys etc for the poor buggers that had to run for it and has been yapping to local shop owners and they are supplying food drinks etc which is great to see.
jase

aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

perth fires Empty Re: perth fires

Post by Bignuggs Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:23 pm

That was amazing, 2 hot days and all hell breaks loose.  Now we are back to cool again.
well done to ya Mrs Jase for doing her bit.  we used to have a couple of members who lived up in the hills but we haven't heard from them for awhile.  Hope all is ok.
now I'm gunna get on my soapbox.  FarQin greenies.  there used to be a lot more controlled burn offs but guess who invaded gov departments to stamp that out.
for years they have also wondered why there is less run off into our dams.  guess who is responsible for that ? farQin greenies.
I'll stop now   lol!
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue 14 Jan 2014, 9:12 pm

Hey Nuggs,
The greens succeeded in reducing logging.
Now their latest campaign.
Remove trees on the banks of the dams to save water.....
The farking trees are drinking too much water...............................
Better quit or I'll be banned.   wtf Evil or Very Mad  jhgigfif  perth fires 729094268 QK;  

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 14 Jan 2014, 10:39 pm

it'll take more than that to get banned NJ.
Here's a refresher about the dams. some years ago, it was found that the leaf litter restricted water run off into the dams but guess who stopped the clearing to allow water to flow into the dams ?????
FarQin greenies.
Yep, totally agree they helped stop the clear felling of what native timber we have left, good on them. but there are some things they should keep their noses out of.

Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down