Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my SD2200

+7
purple-dragon
bomber
martinjsto
Panther
K town swinger
Bignuggs
pip 01
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

my SD2200 Empty my SD2200

Post by pip 01 Sun 12 Jan 2014, 8:03 pm

hi all Razz 
so can anyone tell me why people laugh
when i tell them that my SD2200 finds me gold  Shocked
i think she great, its like having a good old car
would you trade her in  my SD2200 729094268
she great lol  a;SCAQ
pip
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

my SD2200 Empty Re: my SD2200

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jan 2014, 9:00 pm

its like being in a motor race -u r sitting in a standard mini minor and I'm in a holden fully worked v8.

We rest our case.

the 2200 are good for patch finding coz they would ping nuggets very easily while the Gpx will do all that plus a heap more the SD cant do. They r a very good back up unit when things go wrong or when someone else wants to go detecting with u who hasn't got a detector.

with a 11" DD coil on they r also good on the dry salt lakes

That's why a lot of people who upgraded all went back to there old hunting grounds and all found gold that was left behind from the early models..u r dealing with a quantum leap in technology in regards to finding both large and very small gold.

save ya bickies and come and see me when u want to test drive one or at least upgrade to the 4800 these at $4900 are a very good deal and machine. With the right coil they will still perform on deep gold like the 5000. If u want to chase little gold then yes the 5000 is the ducks nuts.. but hey 18 pieces for 2 grams doesn't turn me on, I walk away from that sort of stuff--I must be spoilt.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 12 Jan 2014, 9:47 pm

I don't want to upset the applecart, but there are a lot of 5000's being off loaded on ebay at the mo.
Gotta ask ya self why, but if you can one dirt cheap for less than 5k, grab it.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 12 Jan 2014, 9:49 pm

PS. not everyone on ebay selling a 5000 is a scumbag con artist. But you do take ya chances.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Sun 12 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm

Hey Pip keep the 2200 mate its finding ya yella and as ray says if u want fly shite for bread and butter money then upgrade to the 5k .The 22 is an awesome detector that I wish I never got rid of.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2014, 4:50 am

pip 01 wrote:hi all Razz 
so can anyone tell me why people laugh
when i tell them that my SD2200 finds me gold  Shocked
i think she great, its like having a good old car
would you trade her in  my SD2200 729094268
she great lol  a;SCAQ
pip

If its getting you the gold then you know how to use it, so you are better off sticking with it, even if you later decide to upgrade keep it as a backup machine, at least you know its capable enough to use if your new machine ever craps itself in the field as my 4500 did one trip.

I had an awesome gp extreme that I found lots of gold with, for some reason I figured that if I upgraded to a 3000 then I would do better, ended up I couldn't get one at the time so I got a 3500, after some initial teething issues I started to do alright with it, but I still did better with the extreme overall but whether it was the machine or the confidence in using it I cant say, but ounce for ounce the gold found with each machine tells the story.

Many people chase their tails when it comes to detectors, because there are murmurs that a new machine to outperform the 4500 and 5000 is on the horizon many of these very capable machines are appearing for sale, unfortunately there are also many fakes out there of both models so its a bit of a minefield unless you are really familiar with these machines you can get caught with a lemon.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Mon 13 Jan 2014, 7:28 am

Like oneday says. I used to get sick of digging tiny pieces all the time. True they add up, but so many hours are lost for little gain and much body trauma.
I still have a soft spot for the 2200D as that is the first one I used. (like many of us) and you could tell if it was gold or junk very easily by the sound it made.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:12 am

one has to wonder why people steal other peoples pictures when selling their own detector--

people who sell their 5000 after a couple of outings usually get frustrated coz they havent mastered the adjustments or aren't bothered with the controls to fine tune their machine..they want an automatic machine --like the rest of us--

But the best things come in manual..just like sex--without a bit of effort u will never ever know what can b achieved otherwise u will blow it in no time flat.
u have to tweak ya machine this way and that way--i rest my case--thats why the 2200 was a good machine it was semi auto.

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday monday on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:24 am

hi all
sorry i did'nt get back to you
but its not telling me that i have a massage
untill im in; watching this topic; dont know why
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:22 am

Hi Pip,
down the bottom RHS under last post, "watch this topic" click it.
hope this helps.
Martin
 Very Happy 
by the way if its a "massage" your after there are plenty here that will put there hand up.... lolol  Very Happy 

martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomber Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:38 am

Hi Pip,

I believe the 2200 is the best machine Minelab have ever made. As others have stated
the 5000 will beat it on the tiddlers but with its very narrow signal response its hard to beat.

Bomber

bomber

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Mon 13 Jan 2014, 10:50 am

One of my backup machines is a sd2200d Pip and I prefer using her than anything else in my cupboard-especially on virgin ground-you have to remember Pip most of the gold that has been found over the years was with this type of machine and for deep penetration they are remarkable-I know they dont run as smooth as a 5000 and they dont pick up the really small stuff that a 5000 will but thats ok for me because I`m not after that because small stuff is just another word for hard work in my books -if its under a gram its staying there-dragon

Last edited by purple-dragon on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fat fingers-dragon)
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 3:50 pm

hi guys
i will try that see if it works
and yes i luv my SD2200 lol
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributer Mon 13 Jan 2014, 6:20 pm

Hi Pip I had a 2200 for 4 years. Paid for itself many times over. You need a signal booster on them (i assume you have one on it). Today its not a machine to run over flogged spots but will punch deep and find any patch thats around if you are looking on new ground.
I found that i quickly got used to the ground noise and could still pick out good signals, however charcoal, old cooked termite nest pieces, some clays, basalt and iron rich ground play havoc with them.
Having given the 2200 a wrap i love my 4500 more and would recommend to you that you upgrade to a 4500/5000 if you get enough nuggies with the 2200 to pay for an upgrade.
If you detect heaps of the time i would also try to upgrade, a 4500/5000 will find you gold the 2200 will miss...so if you detect alot, the upgrade would pay for itself.
Cheers Tributer
Tributer
Tributer

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 6:30 pm

it sounds like time to think about maybe doing something
about it
so i need to get my boots on and find that one with my
name on it
hoping its still out there lol
thank guys
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d Tue 14 Jan 2014, 2:39 pm

Carn't comment on earlier detectors , Pip 01 but I bought a ML5000 for my "novice" trip to WA, it worked for me and was happy with the result, mind you I did get some training and advice which I think was the best way to go. with a memory like a sieve and not very tecko savy it all took a bit to sink in. As for 5000s for sale I think a lot would have been bought by retirees on the big tip as been stories like - have detector find gold pay for trip -Rolling Eyes  in some of the travel mags and of course after media reports of big nugget finds no doubt sees sales increase. Only when the get out there do they realize it isn't so easy. Shocked  . Bit like the grey nomads with the tinnes on top, some only take them of once or twice. many have done the whole circle and only time it got wet was it when it rained, lol! 
Funny nearly every one I talk to about having been detecting in WA knows of someone or been told story of someone who's done the trip/s and found heaps. Hell if ya mate Bob tells ya his friends uncle Willies second cousin Dick did it then it, you gotta believe it.  confused  me to.
Cheers, Salt-d

salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2014, 3:07 pm

i've got a demo detector--GPX4800 --U CAN HIRE-- for a couple of days when u get the urge to head out..can organise one of the boys to come with u and set u up with the machine---

good luck --u will notice the difference--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 14 Jan 2014, 6:39 pm

pip 01 wrote:hi all
sorry i did'nt get back to you
but its not telling me that i have a massage
untill im in; watching this topic; dont know why

On the top menu bar click on "Profile" (it's your own profile page and options setup) , then click on the "Preferences" tab.  Where it says "Always notify me of replies" click on "Yes" then click "Save".

my SD2200 Posts410

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:42 pm

hi cliff
did that and should work now
thanks heeps
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm

Not a problem, you are welcome.

PS. forgot to say, you will be bombarded with email messages alerting you that a reply has been posted. It will get to the point where you will turn it off  Very Happy 

Last edited by Bignuggs on Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment.)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Tue 14 Jan 2014, 8:06 pm

damn lol Rolling Eyes
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 5:38 am

Bignuggs wrote:I don't want to upset the applecart, but there are a lot of 5000's being off loaded on ebay at the mo.
Gotta ask ya self why, but if you can one dirt cheap for less than 5k, grab it.  

Mainly because the owners don't know how to use them!
Dunno what ebay you're looking at Cliff. I can only see two of them.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 16 Jan 2014, 8:26 am

There's currently 4 x GPX5000's being sold on ebay by private sellers.
ebay.com.au

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/minelab-gpx-5000-/181301851665?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item2a366eb611
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minelab-GPX-5000-Metal-Detector-/221350784479?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item338988eddf
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/minelab-gpx-5000-/251424568788?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item3a8a1275d4
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/metal-detector-Minelab-GPX-5000-BRAND-NEW-hundreds-of-dollars-of-extras-/141163426626?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item20ddfef342

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm

over the years we have tested the 22 against the 45 and the5 and trust me the later 2 leave it for dead especially on slightly deeper nuggets.

If I found a patch I certainly would want to get most of the easy gold and leave the hard to find pieces for the dry blower then hit the area with an SPL

Pointless pegging an SPL over a patch that u have "cleaned out" with a 2200, coz u would have left a shite load of gold behind deeper down out of the limits of the 22.

Don't listen to the hipe about selling me 22 coz for a few gram they can all go out and buy another one but non of them have--maybe I would if I was in your situation keep the old girl and invest in at least a 45 or a 48 or if u can afford one buy the 5k.

The 48 can also match it with the other 2 latest detectors sure it has a few less frequencies and doesn't have fine gold but it still works almost as good as the 5k. nothing a booster wont fix or a coiltek battery with its adjustable setting.

so come on lets get real next time u go bush on an area that u have found gold-- u go first and lead on and i'll follow--trust me u will be blown away by what u have missed..
geez I'm getting all excited

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 20 Jan 2014, 10:01 pm

didn't read all the above Pip , but it is known the 2200 was best at larger bits deep ,[ some of the well known pros still carry one for that reason as a spare ] I found it wasn't great on smaller bits like the 2100 or extreme around that era but 6 grammer or so & up it got em at depth better , all detectors , same model are a little different , but that was my experience.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next