Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SD2000

5 posters

Go down

SD2000 Empty SD2000

Post by stumpie Sun 29 Dec 2013, 3:17 pm

Just wondering how many forum members are still using a 2000 as their main detector and if any make their own coils?

stumpie

Back to top Go down

SD2000 Empty Re: SD2000

Post by albo Sun 29 Dec 2013, 6:48 pm

none I know Stumpie , but some say they are still great for the deep large gold , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by stumpie Sun 29 Dec 2013, 9:29 pm

Hi albo I thought that would be the case. I don't know, I have used a 22 and a 35 and I keep coming back to the 2000 I agree the other 2 are quitter but the 2000 is more sensitive when balanced. I use home made coils and mainly work salt lakes and I have a few .01 grmers that I picked up on very noisy ground.(maybe only noisy for the 2000 but I have tried the 3500 on the same ground just the same)

stumpie

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 29 Dec 2013, 9:55 pm

Thanks Stumpy , sold my 2000 , jumped to a 2200 , then extreme , then 3000 , then 3500 , then I realized the extreme was the best outa that lot , dinkum , so not worried anymore till we get the true big jump up in tech mate , & im not in for the 10 per cent better & 8 grand hype , albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by stumpie Sun 29 Dec 2013, 10:07 pm

Yee I agree stick with you like no matter what you use you still have to walk over the gold to find it.

stumpie

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 29 Dec 2013, 10:54 pm

hey Stumpie you make coils eh , litz wire , maybe 4 ft rectangle drag coils ? send me a pm on price & design mate, albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:08 pm

I still have a 2000and a 2200 as backup machines Stumpie-I would never part with them because we go back to far and they can still amaze me given the right conditions especially licking around the side of salt lakes at night-but as its been said before most of the talent lays in ourselves -any machine new or old can be great if we just learn to listen to it-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by stumpie Mon 30 Dec 2013, 8:22 pm

Hi albo much as I would like to have a bash at building a sled I think it would be beyond me. As regards the litz wire to hard to get (to expensive ) All though I have used it to make a 9inch but I killed a couple of DDs to get the wire and silver soldered them unfortunately the guy I was getting the dead DDs from sold out. I now use WP 304, no difference as far as I can tell. A mate made a spider coil bloody thing is deadly but you cant pinpoint.

stumpie

Back to top Go down

Post by stumpie Mon 30 Dec 2013, 8:42 pm

Hi purple dragon I agree, but I go on the lakes as well (when halve dry noisy like hell but late at night is good) Personally I don't think there is much difference between the series except for a few bells and whistles. I would love to get into a 5000 but ML coat all there components ( very hard to scrape of without loosing the codes. and Fnnn up the machine. By the way have you moded your 2000.

stumpie

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 30 Dec 2013, 9:05 pm

good to have you round mate , if get some litz , which I can , wel talk later . building a drag for the quad is simple , just need a figure 8 coil , 4 foot wide made up at the right cost , ,albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Tue 31 Dec 2013, 11:49 am

No Stumpie both of my SD`s are dead standard-I use them a lot when I take my honda out there as they have taken quite a beating as well as me when i have come off a few times-i`m going to break a leg out there one day and end up feeding the crows-dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinegold Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:05 pm

Mainly used the 3000 but don't go detecting much, liked the 4000. As I live in Adelaide I decided to settle on a 2000. I like it with DD coils, though there's a lot of interference in the main gold areas here. Otherwise, the DD handle the ground no problem.
Shinegold
Shinegold

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Wed 12 Mar 2014, 5:46 am

G'day Stumpie Wink

Mate to get that white shite of the ML boards you wouldnt guess what works a treat  Shocked  good old "Airoguard" repellent...

Shinegold - get ya self a coiltek anti-interference 11" round coil and smash the shite outta the Echunga old diggins and Jup/creek Wink
At the old diggins just work all the mullock piles underneath the massive 90.000v power lines, plenty bits there with right gear, if ya need more info/maps etc PM me ya email and i'll shoot over a heap of good info inc X's where i did best in the old days, good crystalline gold up there too Wink

Pete
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinegold Wed 12 Mar 2014, 3:24 pm

CrazyPete wrote:G'day Stumpie Wink
Shinegold - get ya self a coiltek anti-interference 11" round coil and smash the shite outta the Echunga old diggins and Jup/creek Wink
Really? I mean, even with an SD 2000?

CrazyPete wrote:
At the old diggins just work all the mullock piles underneath the massive 90.000v power lines, plenty bits there with right gear, if ya need more info/maps etc PM me ya email and i'll shoot over a heap of good info inc X's where i did best in the old days, good crystalline gold up there too Wink

Pete

Thanks, kind of you.
Shinegold
Shinegold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum