Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American diggers

+3
aussie18
oldies1955
purple-dragon
7 posters

Go down

American diggers Empty American diggers

Post by purple-dragon Fri 20 Dec 2013, 9:00 pm

I was unlucky enough to catch this on tele the other night and all I can say is I will hide my detectors away for quite a few months until the embarrassment subsides -I don't want anybody thinking that I have anything in common with those idiots-dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

American diggers Empty Re: American diggers

Post by oldies1955 Tue 24 Dec 2013, 4:46 pm

Belive me....most of us nugget shooters here in the USA are just as embarassed as you are with all the shows that are coming out on TV about digging for gold.
Ive had friends contacted by the TV stations wanting them to be in them and they declined because they knew it would be fake drama and salting the ground.
Were not like that over here. Well get out there and beat washes all day long and come up with nothing but rubbish or a dink. Then again we do hit some nice strings of nugs also :) Last weekend I held a 12 oz solid blob of gold a friend found. Thing was awsome!
Lots of us will go out even when its 100F plus, the washes are only 10-15 deg hotter! Dodging snakes, cacti, and every other bush out here that sticks/pokes or claws you. Everything in the desert is designed to hurt :)
Cant carry enough water.
These shows are not a true representation of what the detectorist/miners do over here.
Tom H Arizona

oldies1955

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Tue 24 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm

yeah they keep pumping the same rubbish out
I have been watching a new series called Yukon gold on nat geo channel, very similar to gold rush but most off these crews ain't total d.heads.
the worse by far is jungle gold, cannot believe they got a 2nd season and what a waste that was.
cheers merry xmas
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm

just as well they didn't do a doco on my escapades--I reckon I would be swinging from a tree with my feet of the ground.

Bad enough with me trying to capture my Dick dastardly doings. lol!  lol! 

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 24 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm

God help us all if Raimondo starts televising his dastardly deeds    lol! 
It's bad enuff looking at his photo   American diggers 3179412840     Who is that masked man  ?   affraid 

American diggers Ray110

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Tue 24 Dec 2013, 6:24 pm

Sorry 1955 wasn't trying to paint you all with the same brush,I think it's the t.v. producers that we need to tie to a bull ant mound ,you should see some of the rubbish we get tortured with down here in oz and I'm talking about local production but then again I am over fifty and that automatically means I'm a grumpy old bastard who has been out in the blazing sun to long-dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 24 Dec 2013, 6:43 pm

totally agree dragon, I've seen the boofheads who do the digging on one show and it's bull* how that get excited over crap.
they have to throw in an argument with the landholder or it doesn't make good viewing or so they think.
5 minutes of watching that and I go watch the paint as it is drying, it is better viewing   Razz 
Grumpy Old Men ? no such thing   lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 24 Dec 2013, 9:44 pm

grumpy... whos grumpy ,more stubbies required !
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Mon 06 Jan 2014, 6:16 pm

One thing about that show that interests me is that lawnmower thing they use, called a GPR I think. Don't know what it stands for but it appears to find the real real deep targets.
Just wondering if it would be handy to find gold veins ?, what a some thoughts on this ?
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm

ground penetrating radar--maybe this is the next piece of technology in the new detectors..wait and see ..

but I don't think I'm Hollywood material--preety boring stuff loading a dry blower out the middle of the bush--no women in bikinis- no company no nothing.. but wouldn't mind catchin up with Hugh Hefner and a couple of girls around the grotto--just to say hi.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Mon 06 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm

haha, that's a different kind of penetration haha. clearly I also have too much time on my hands, think I better get back on a dump truck somewhere soon.
Well a GPR doesn't look like I would come cheap, but I will wait and see, or better still do some more research on them.
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jan 2014, 8:00 pm

most of the good ones are well over $10k

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 6:54 am

oneday monday wrote:most of the good ones are well over $10k

regards
oneday

And they won't find gold for you.

The show I can't stand is that fat fool and his sons who tell property owners they will share in the spoils
if they can detect on their land. What an over-the-top tugger he is! I'm so impressed that I can't even remember the
name of the show.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 08 Jan 2014, 7:14 am

American diggers
Post by purple-dragon on Fri 20 Dec 2013, 9:00 pm

BOOM! BABY.

American diggers Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

American diggers Empty Re: american diggers

Post by aussie18 Wed 08 Jan 2014, 1:21 pm

that fool use to be a pro wrestler supposedly.
I wonder why free to air tv called American diggers and new series coming on fox it's called savage family diggers, weird.
cannot stand it
but if ya get the chance check out Yukon gold, I'm enjoying that one. better then gold rush or any others although a 4 part series called gold fathers was alright too.
cheers
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down