Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ML repairs and servicing

4 posters

Go down

ML repairs and servicing Empty ML repairs and servicing

Post by Bignuggs Sat 30 Nov 2013, 8:10 pm

Do we have a tech head in the forum who can service ML detectors.  I contacted ML and they say, they can no longer service my old XT17000 as they can no longer get parts.
That sounds like a load of bullshine to me.  They won't do it for the simple reason, they want you to buy a new machine.
Anyone out there who can do this stuff  ??
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

ML repairs and servicing Empty Re: ML repairs and servicing

Post by Guest Sun 01 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm

Perhaps "Mechanic" (Mick) who's a member here can help you.
Give him a call on 0428758971.
Failing that, try Dave Watters at Bendigo Gold. He has a tech working for him. 03 54484140

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Sun 01 Dec 2013, 5:36 pm

goldnomad wrote:Perhaps "Mechanic" (Mick) who's a member here can help you.
Give him a call on 0428758971.
Failing that, try Dave Watters at Bendigo Gold. He has a tech working for him. 03 54484140

Robert
What, no mention of Woody ????  LOL  ML repairs and servicing 3179412840 
Cheers,
Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 02 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm

are well Cliff im on the rum now here we go , but the 1700 ... just chuck it in the Sammy bin for some outa luck downer fella to get some coin at Scarborough beach or somthin , cummon  Cliffy, have you no compassion for the poor, I looked in a buskers bowl yesty as I threw in the token 2 bob & things are tight for some .... cheers albo .

Last edited by albo on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : takin the ps)
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Dec 2013, 7:32 pm

albo, I see them buggers or beggars every morning in Perth city. I give them good advice, "go get a job" Razz 
and my old 17000 still finds stuff but it could do with a tune up.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:45 pm

ML cant service yah detector for the sake of giving it a service--theres no oil or filter in there to change--there needs to be something wrong with the machine for them to do anything--no such thing as a free service either--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:09 pm

Firmware upgrades dont require the detector to be out of order for the update to rectify certain problems.
Has the 17000  the ability to have a firmware upgrade?.....thats another argument.
Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Dec 2013, 2:38 pm

Hi Arrarat,

I don't know why I have to stick up for someone else but fair go with the Woody comments

My own experiences with him have been mixed but he has done well by me

One of my GP3000's I had as spares was "blown up" while experimenting with coils....you have to start somewhere!!!! and he repaired it for me and it worked fine...I have since sold it to a guy in Cue and within no time at all he picked up a one ounce nuggy for his troubles, a happy man!!!!

I also popped something in my GPX4000 when using a large coil and trying to get it into SPECIFIC-SMOOTH, half way thru I remembered I wanted one of the switches in a different position and it popped something inside

He repaired it with superior parts(newer) and sent it back to me and the thing absolutely purrs...99% of the time my gain can be run flat out and still be quiet as a mouse, anyways it has helped us in finding over 2000 nuggets and something like 42oz's of gold...so NO complaints from me

I have also, which I will be selling shortly a modded GP3500 with the timing and sentivity mods done to it and that also purrs

So, I don't get your negativity...tell us, what has he done to you ????

Ever graitfull for WOODY'S work,

Ron

PS:If you are are seriously hard done by I would like to here about it, if you are a M/L fanaticiser forget it!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Thu 05 Dec 2013, 3:02 pm

authere wrote:Hi Arrarat,

I don't know why I have to stick up for someone else but fair go with the Woody comments

My own experiences with him have been mixed but he has done well by me

One of my GP3000's I had as spares was "blown up" while experimenting with coils....you have to start somewhere!!!! and he repaired it for me and it worked fine...I have since sold it to a guy in Cue and within no time at all he picked up a one ounce nuggy for his troubles, a happy man!!!!

I also popped something in my GPX4000 when using a large coil and trying to get it into SPECIFIC-SMOOTH, half way thru I remembered I wanted one of the switches in a different position and it popped something inside

He repaired it with superior parts(newer) and sent it back to me and the thing absolutely purrs...99% of the time my gain can be run flat out and still be quiet as a mouse, anyways it has helped us in finding over 2000 nuggets and something like 42oz's of gold...so NO complaints from me

I have also, which I will be selling shortly a modded GP3500 with the timing and sentivity mods done to it and that also purrs

So, I don't get your negativity...tell us, what has he done to you ????

Ever graitfull for WOODY'S work,

Ron

PS:If you are are seriously hard done by I would like to here about it, if you are a M/L fanaticiser forget it!!!!
Lets just say Ron that there are plenty of people out there that would not let Woody anywhere near their detectors, and there is plenty of info to this effect floating around the net. I'll let you do your own research.
As for " M/L fanaticiser " ( sic.), I don't think so. I have used Whites, a Bounty Hunter, a Fisher, a Goldscan5C and Minelab, and as such I have no allegiance to any brand. I use whatever is the best for the job at hand.
Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Dec 2013, 3:47 pm

Hi Rick,.

Thanks for that, I have seen some of Woody's work and the best you could describe it would be experimental but nowadays I think he has it sorted and the few I have spoken to have been happy with his work

I won't go into the QED saga, but it's good to see it's gone onto bigger and better things

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Thu 05 Dec 2013, 7:50 pm

I also popped something in my GPX4000 when using a large coil and trying to get it into SPECIFIC-SMOOTH,
Thats why you let the smoke ol fella!!...theres is no specific smooth on a 4k...Razz Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm

Hi Narrawa,

Stop winkin at me!!!!!

There is General or Specific, I chose Specific

From memory the Smooth is chosen from either Extra or Smooth, I chose Smooth

So stop winking at me and explain your outburst young'e fella

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:43 pm

You didn't say you were trying to use Specific GB while attempting to combine it with the s/smooth timing now did you.?. Laughing Laughing 

Here..... take ya ball back..and don't let it cross to my side of the fence again or i'll give it to the dog.Razz 

Interesting thing that Specific GB, knowing when to implement its use is something the detector should tell you given the cost of the feken things. Still, when you do remember its there, and use it, it can make your detecting experience a lot easier. Remembering how to operate it has always been a pain, and since loosing the note from the c/box covers pocket, i must remember to replace it.
Its a great feature, and you should now shut up about it as i believe its merits have barely been touched on.lol!
Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 6:30 am

Hi Narrawa,

Telling ME to shut up and your not going to give my ball back, now that is waving the red rag in front of the bull:lol: 

If I remember correctly it was the main selling point for the GPX's as they no longer req'd a DD and it worked very well in noisy ground and still be using a mono coil

BUT I can never remember twice in a row the correct way to implement it hence I blew something up(let the smoke out as you say)

But since I had the bits replaced and Woody used some better quality parts I have hardly ever req'd to use it inSpecific/Sens/Smooth

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:54 pm

But since I had the bits replaced and Woody used some better quality parts I have hardly ever req'd to use it inSpecific/Sens/Smooth
Ron, that  sounds more like  there was a problem to start with.....which lead to the smoke being let out. There is no combo of timings or setting/switch positions you can come up with that would lead to the smoke being let out. However if you were using a coil thats not up to scratch ( especially a home-brew job) then it would simply speed up the demise of a crook part.

Another thing, if your able to use said detector with its gain maxed out....when no other of the same model can...should be cause for alarm, not joy. Just my opinion.
Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 4:25 pm

Hi Narrawa,

If got it wrong putting the detector into Specific-Sens/Smooth the detector would scream it's head off and coupled with flicking another switch while this was happening I'm sure was the demise ,actually no smoke just didn;t work any more

My detector still does keep up with the GPX 5000 in weight and it's not as if there is no noise at all it is just way better than before the stuff up.

If I still have it and we catch up sometime I might let you have a play!!!!!

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 06 Dec 2013, 6:39 pm

If ML can't do the work on the old VLF 17000 maybe I'll send it off to woody.  how hard can it be to just check it over and make sure diodes and capacitors and thingoes and gizmoes are working properly.
bugger this, time for another beer.  it's Friday.

cheers spank  kwdf 
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Sun 08 Dec 2013, 8:19 am

Ron
If got it wrong putting the detector into Specific-Sens/Smooth the detector would scream it's head off
From memory,when ever you flick it into Specific, it did this  anyway.

If I still have it and we catch up sometime I might let you have a play!!!!!
If we do catch up, i might let you dig my holes. Laughing Laughing 

Cliff
maybe I'll send it off to woody.
Let us know how that works out.?

how hard can it be to just check it over and make sure diodes and capacitors and thingoes and gizmoes are working properly.
chances are, if its still able to detect a small nugget in air...its working ok. Leave it on for a few hrs and test it again...all good if you find no deterioration from the previous test.
Its not really worth the money to send it off to satisfy your curiosity, but its your money. You'd  be better off ebaying it and putting the money to a coin machine of more modern VLF like a GMT.....which is just as useless in much of WAs goldfields unless your on the gold to start with.
Just my opinion.?
Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:48 am

Like ya say, it's just to satisfy my curiosity and it really is not worth spending the money.
I don't use the use the bloody thing anyway.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum