Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asking favour - historical grave Mt Morgan

3 posters

Go down

Asking favour - historical grave Mt Morgan Empty Asking favour - historical grave Mt Morgan

Post by AnnieL Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:50 am

I have a request from my sister-in-law (SIL) for a photograph of Grave 77 plaque on a granite boulder for Louis Beyers at Mt Morgan Cemetery.  The historical group put the plaque on the grave a few years ago. She has heard reports that one side of the plaque is deteriorating and would like a close up photo of it, if anyone is in that area. I had hoped to do it myself this trip but I'm not going back that way.

As a background, my SIL is behind the ancestors group retaining the history of Hill End (near Bathurst NSW) where Louis Beyers spent part of his life. http://heatgg.org.au/he/
http://heatgg.org.au/he/publications/the-miners-friend-ludwig-hugo-louis-beyers-1840-1910/

It would be very much appreciated if anyone going that way could get a photo and PM me and I will give you my email address to send it to me.  Thanks in advance.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieL on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add extra link)

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Asking favour - historical grave Mt Morgan Empty Re: Asking favour - historical grave Mt Morgan

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 6:52 pm

Annie,

Mt Morgan is an old "patch" of mine from years ago. If I was nearby I'd do the pic for you. Unforunately, I've finished for the year and I'm back in Perth. If I'm back out there anytime I'll do the pic for you. Meanwhile, I'll see if there's any mates in Leo that can get one for you.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Asking favour - historical grave Mt Morgan Empty Re: Asking favour - historical grave Mt Morgan

Post by Jack-Tar Sun 15 Sep 2013, 8:25 pm

Hi Annie,

Is Mt Morgans cemetery on the Old Laverton Road? I am in Laverton for a few more days and could do it if it is.

Regards
Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Mon 16 Sep 2013, 5:03 am

Annie.
You could also enquire through Dacian Gold (08 92264622) who own the Mt. Morgans gold field tenements.
Mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:32 am

Craig,

Mount Morgan cemetry can be reached from either the bitumen and then into the old Mt Morgans town and mine site or via the Old Laverton Road which is gravel. The roads have changed a lot since I was up there years ago, but the cemetry is 2 kms directly West of the abandoned townsite.

GPS is Zone 51 406054E 6817264N

It's clearly visible on Google Earth and it's well maintained as it still gets used once in a while - usually when someone dies,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:study: l;wfh 

HTH

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Mon 16 Sep 2013, 8:33 am

Thanks Cat.

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Mon 16 Sep 2013, 5:30 pm

Hi Annie,

I went out there and took the photo for you today. Cheryl and I also did a bit of weeding around the grave. Send me your email address and I'll forward the pics.

regards
Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL Tue 17 Sep 2013, 12:21 pm

Sorry guys, I have been out of reception. Thanks so much Craig. PM sent.

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down