Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Locator Update

Go down

New Locator Update Empty New Locator Update

Post by Rege-PA Sun 25 Aug 2013, 10:18 pm

Very Happy  Cat.......can you give us any info on that new nugget recovery system you agreed to try several months ago? Is it something that has promise?

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

New Locator Update Empty Re: New Locator Update

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 4:05 pm

Reg,

Not a lot to report really. We spent a week at one of my leases which has had gold on it, is very noisy in places resembling a salt lake edge etc, and is up to a 1.2 mtrs deep. We had only one promising signal and was a good one that resembled everything I've witnessed in the lab at UWA.

It was a classic signal on the readout, at a depth of about 900 mm.

We brought the excavator in about 4 weeks later but sadly after digging down to that depth AND putting an 18 inch coil on the 4500 to get extra "reach" there was nothing there. By that time we could see the cement cap and we were still getting no signal from the 4500. The inventor had to leave to go to Mongolia and China where he's looking for work for his bigger set-up, so we didn't do much more with him. He can't explain the "classic signal" that came up with nothing.

He's now back in Perth and the machine has been extensively "tweaked". So we'll be having another try in about two weeks time.

It's certainly not one of those "long range gold locators" that they're selling on eBay. This is a serious attempt at new technology. Do I have faith in it? Not sure to be honest. I have faith in the inventor. As for the machine itself,,,,,,,,,"the proof of the pudding is in the eating".

Cat

Last edited by Caterpillar on Mon 26 Aug 2013, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional comment)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 5:48 pm

IF U R GOIN TO BAKE A CAKE --Mud cake would b nice..lol! 

but seriously--persistance hopefully might pay of..good luck

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Mon 26 Aug 2013, 11:14 pm

I hope you stick with him Cat, after it`s tweaked it may prove more trustworthy and even if it has a percentage of failure, the good ones will make it worthwhile. If you are going over 4 ft you are in uncharted territory.Shocked 

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:27 pm

Apparently, this "tweaking" makes the machine logarithmically more powerful,,,,,,,,that's a factor of ten times. But I don't know yet if that makes it go deeper or increases it's sensitivity with a consequent loss of depth?? Perhaps I'm using the usual VLF and PI technology in the wrong context here. But this technology is a bit TOO complex for me at present.

The end of September should have further news.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Tue 27 Aug 2013, 9:40 pm

I`m sure that what happens in the lab is not exactly what mother nature has stuffed in the ground, still he must be on the right track. Please keep us informed.

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down