Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

starting a new business--gold jewellery

Go down

starting a new business--gold jewellery Empty starting a new business--gold jewellery

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:24 pm

If the failure rate of new businesses was as high as 75% (guestimate) in the first year then
with the slow down in the WA economy I reckon that a lot of business will hit the wall sooner rather than later and under current
processes this figure will certainly go over 95% in real terms.

Those that don't hit the wall will certainly cut back on Overtime and also the number of employees that are retained.
We are one such business that have seen a dramatic slow down and acted accordingly.

Tourism certainly wont do anything to our bottom line, we were lucky if we turned over a grand with the grey nomads this year and with summer already knocking on our door step, we don't have a tourist season to talk about--its too bloody hot for almost anything.

With the amount of fraud, shop stealing and dodgy dealings on the net and the high percentage of Hackers around, u just wonder were we r all going to end up. Is the internet really worth it, considering the high costs involved, either buying, selling or simply just doing business let alone setting up a secure site, nothing comes cheap.

We are currently trying to evaluate whether a web site to sell gold jewellery would cause more heart ache than its truly worth?
The process is ongoing. Members on here could certainly be rewarded.

Any one with a web site or those involved with interneting, then your comments and ideas would b great fully accepted.
U can also PM me.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

starting a new business--gold jewellery Empty Re: starting a new business--gold jewellery

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm

Ray,

Every attempt at flogging gold jewellery I've seen over the 30 something years I've been doing this hasn't lasted much longer than a snowball in hell.

Sorry but I've seen it tried and I've seen folks give it away.

Just sell the bloody stuff to someone that knows what to do with it. I don't even do SGs on species any more. I just crush 'em and send 'em in.

Cat

Back to top Go down

starting a new business--gold jewellery Empty Re: starting a new business--gold jewellery

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 8:41 pm

totally agree Cat but I'd thought i'd throw a marsh mellow on the fire coz I've got one of my daughters in Perth that is keen.

the investment is small and I told her she better get some uni mates to give her a hand.

Ive got quite a few ounces which she can utilise into jewellery the rest I will simply melt down.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Sun 25 Aug 2013, 9:00 am

People pay decent coin for nuggets online, often paying more than its current price, include postage and it gets pricey. Good photos can be taken of small stuff
to present them well. but ya probly know that.
Could be a beautiful thing with the Dad and daughter jewellery idea though oneday.
Is refinement and hardening of the gold required ?
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 9:08 am

hardening gold means smelting silver or copper within--thus 9 ct and 18ct.

all our nuggets will be dress quality, bailed and come with the option of a gold chain.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum