Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clip for Speaker

+2
pilbara junky
PeterinSa
6 posters

Go down

Clip for Speaker Empty Clip for Speaker

Post by PeterinSa Wed 24 Jul 2013, 2:26 pm

Wife and I both use speakers on our 45's, have a speaker/cable/plug ex a mobile phone car kit anybody know where I can purchase a metal clip that I can attach to said speaker to use as an emergency spare.

Thanks

Peter

PeterinSa

Back to top Go down

Clip for Speaker Empty Re: Clip for Speaker

Post by pilbara junky Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:22 pm

cable ties?

I believe you have to be careful with the external speakers due to the amlpifier that is imbedded in the minelab. Thought they had to be compatible. Could be wrong.

cheers

Shanon

pilbara junky

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterinSa Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:20 pm

Shannon,
Have 2 slightly different versions of speakers purchased from Coiltek SA some years ago and both just have the speaker inside cannot remember the Ohm rating.

Had to repair both on our last trip due to a wire in the cable breaking (after a number of years use so cannot complain) just as the cable goes into the speaker box, in each case was able to still use the speaker (with a cable loop around the speaker until I got back to camp that night) Have the ability to do a soldering job/shorten the cable with solder and 12v soldering iron using cruiser battery during the day, but its easier back at camp.

These speakers have a metal clip to attach to webbing, one clip on one speaker is screwed on the other some type of glue.

Peter

PeterinSa

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara junky Fri 26 Jul 2013, 7:35 am

Bullclip?

pilbara junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

mate -- go and buy the cheapest plastic mobile phone cover with a clip on it--rip it of and pop rivet to speaker and use that.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Sun 28 Jul 2013, 5:42 pm

I've got twin speakers and the clips although good quality, kept slipping off the harness
Solution, just super glued the wiring up the harness from the battery up to the speakers, then super glued the clips to the harness, problem solved !
Been working a treat
Goldstrijk

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 28 Jul 2013, 5:48 pm

I had a search for replacement clips, couldn't find anything but that doesn't mean you can't get them.
Maybe time to buy new speakers.  Nothing lasts forever and they aren't that expensive to replace.

Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterinSa Sun 28 Jul 2013, 6:00 pm

Thanks for your replies and PM's will definitely get the backup speaker clip sorted out prior to our next trip.

Peter

PeterinSa

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Tue 06 Aug 2013, 9:34 am

Gday Pete
I sewed a piece of velcro onto my backpack/harness in the appropriate position and then glued the other side of the velcro onto the speaker (liquid nails I think). The cable threads along the shoulder strap out of the way. It's seen three or four years use now and still hangs in there well.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Tue 06 Aug 2013, 7:51 pm

B uy a cheap measuring tape retractable type and use the one off of that

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:46 pm

The stuff ya find when ya searching for something on google. this mob might have a clip to fit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum