Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX5000 hire?

3 posters

Go down

GPX5000 hire? Empty GPX5000 hire?

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:58 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to WA prospecting.
I'm planning a short trip before the end of the year.

I have a Whites GM3 but am not sure that this is up to the job.
Any suggestions on best place to hire a Minelab GPX5000 or similar in or around Perth? 1-2 weeks
Also suggestions or tips for UHF, GPS?

Many thanks
Scot

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 hire? Empty Re: GPX5000 hire?

Post by pilbara junky Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:04 pm

Reeds have them for hire. I've hired form them and they are very helpful and decently priced.

GPS - I run a Garmin Oregon 550. Pretty happy with it and I'm able to load the tenement boundary's on it easily. Better yet its also water proof which means its also dust proof.

pilbara junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:06 pm

The 2 main places in Perth metro are

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but contact them well before you go out. the hire business of detectors is red hot. get in early.

cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:14 pm

Thanks for hire suggestions - I have visited the websites for both Reeds and Prospectors Patch and will take your advice to book early.

I currently have a chance to buy a pair of Garmin Rino 120s - the wireless and GPS seems a good combination but they look like horribly antiquated technology and I also understand that the eat batteries!

Scot

Back to top Go down

Post by geof_junk Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:54 pm

scotgold wrote:Thanks for hire suggestions - I have visited the websites for both Reeds and Prospectors Patch and will take your advice to book early.

I currently have a chance to buy a pair of Garmin Rino 120s - the wireless and GPS seems a good combination but they look like horribly antiquated technology and I also understand that the eat batteries!

Scot

The rhino 120 are antiquated. However I have 3 Garmin Rhino 650 and they are great, 5 watt CB radio and GPS touch screen etc would not detect with out them.

geof_junk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum