Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold Wheel--works a treat

4 posters

Go down

Gold Wheel--works a treat Empty Gold Wheel--works a treat

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 11:15 am

bought one of these contraptions and bugger me dead it works a treat especially after u do a couple of adjustments with the water and the angle of the dangle..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB-3OpdHiyI

u just wish u had more concentrates..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Gold Wheel--works a treat Empty Re: Gold Wheel--works a treat

Post by UrbanFox Tue 11 Jun 2013, 3:42 pm

oneday monday wrote:
u just wish u had more concentrates..

regards
oneday

Just do what he was doing in the video. Pour the gold back into the sand. Very Happy Very Happy Cool

I wish I had more concentrates also, oneday.
UrbanFox
UrbanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:11 pm

its a nice sight watching gold fall into that little hole in the middle..

funny that --I keep telling the mrs the same thing and the reply--and don't u forget it.. lol!

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Tue 11 Jun 2013, 10:52 pm

Purchased one towards the end of last season and its paid for itself already, works a treat once you get the angles and water flow right. You will be amazed at how small a piece of gold it will collect, I'm very happy with mine BUT - I've got the same problem as everyone else , not enough material to put through it. Going bush soon so I may be able to remedy that.

Regards
Woteva

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:10 am

what size do you have to classify down to?

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Wed 12 Jun 2013, 1:19 pm

The finer the better, I use several sieves but the finest (Just checked) is a Keens .08" Mesh 12 - its like flywire. If your water supply is limited try and remove as much clay as possible before you put your material through the wheel , this will help your water last longer, and, lift the water pump intake off the bottom so its not sucking in to much crap. I find as your water gets dirtier you have to watch the water delivery to the wheel as the pump intakes can clog up even though its covered with a stocking filter. It can be exciting watching small bits of gold run up the wheel and disappear through the hole into your catch cup at the back. One last piece of advice, always check to ensure you have the catch cup in place, I know someone, very well , who had to reprocess material because I forgot to replace the catch cup. Its a bit like detecting and wondering why its so quiet, then you realize you have knocked - the "cancel" switch - Duh!.
Rgds

Woteva

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by decanfrost Wed 19 Jun 2013, 9:05 pm

Does the wheel also catch small nuggets like .2 gram or is that taken out when seived
decanfrost
decanfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:33 pm

If set up properly it will pull out 0.2gms and smaller, I have been impressed as to how small a piece it can pull out

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down