Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP3500

3 posters

Go down

GP3500 Empty GP3500

Post by rogawilco Wed 22 May 2013, 11:11 am

Hi all,
Im a proud owner of a second hand 3500.It seems to work well as i found 4g on my first ever outing,very lucky i think.
However as the saying goes i dig every thing that makes a noise.I start my detector as per factory/manual settings and am comfortable with that but sometimes when i try to turn the metal discriminator nob from "all metal"to 3 0'clock,9 o'clock or wherever i doesnt seem to make any difference in sound when changing settings and re-ground balancing each time of course.
Is this normal for this machine or do i need to tweak something else ??
Any info from past experience muchly taken on board.
rw
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

GP3500 Empty Re: GP3500

Post by Bignuggs Wed 22 May 2013, 11:51 am

Are you using a DD or mono coil when it happens. I don't know about the 3500 but with my Extreme, the metal descriminator doesn't work with mono coils.

Cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 22 May 2013, 1:59 pm

as Cliff has said discrim will only work with a DD coil and even then badly.
i have discrimnated onut gold and not discriminated junk when ive tryed it i recon best to dig everything
like you have found it makes no difference to depth etc

cheers Tom
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Wed 22 May 2013, 6:52 pm

Tom & Cliff,
Yeah ive only got DD's,mostly using 9x14",12x15" commander i havent used yet &11" round gp series work same as eliptical 9x14 it seems.
And yeah thats what i was starting to think when i tried playin with the knobs a bit,still pickin up the old bits tin, bullet shells etc easy as but had doubts when i threw my test nugget down and had to search for it.still diggin it all up.
Thanks guys

Dean
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 28 May 2013, 5:47 pm

Hi Dean,

How's the 3500 going. Any update with the problem yet ? or is it still playing up.

Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Wed 29 May 2013, 7:18 am

Hi Cliff,
Well im up around the Kookynie area at the moment,been here for three days and found a 1 grammer yesterday.stoked !!.
My 3500 still doesnt perform any better,if not worse when try to use the discrimination dial.
I always start the detector with factory settings and auto tune button.
Sometimes when im finding too many hot or odd rocks i try and use the disc dial but lose confidence when doing so.Im only on my second trip so i guess only time with my machine can help.
I also notice that if i play with the manual tune dial some different effects come into play,however i have no idea whatsoever how to use these functions.
Cliff,,,otherwise it seems to perform as it should and as other guys on here have commented theirs does too.
Thanks mate,and im just about to plug in and go for a swing now.
Cheers, Dean
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 29 May 2013, 10:28 am

G'day
the dials on a 3500 look about the same as my Extreme. you might have to play with it a bit and try different settings.
Try turning the discriminator off (dig everything) and crank the signal up to about 75%
sounds like the machine is working ok if you have found gold, it just needs more swinging Very Happy

Cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Thu 30 May 2013, 7:22 am

Thanks Cliff,
Every small bit of info/advice can make a huge difference in our efforts,
All taken on board.
Cheers