Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to basics

3 posters

Go down

Back to basics Empty Back to basics

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 8:27 pm

just a couple of tips if u r starting out on this journey we call being a prospector..

Prospecting Tips

Gold prospecting is a lot of fun even if you don’t find any gold. But we can almost assuredly help you with these tips from an seasoned prospector as well as a few fresh ones
1.Choose an area that has been productive with gold in the past – chances are there still is some gold there
2.Study geology and mining records. Many lightly explored places exist in the back country. In fact this is when the real fun comes with adventure. If you are prepared to do some backcountry searching a prospecting trip can be rewarding and you might find some gold.
3.Placer deposit is a concentration of natural material that has accumulated in the unconsolidated sediments of a stream bed. Heaviness and resistance to corrosion make gold an ideal substanceto accumulate in placer deposits.
4.Panning is the simplest method of separating the gold from the silt, sand, and gravel of the stream deposits. It is the method most commonly used by the beginning prospector.

Most importantly, go out and have fun. Enjoy the great outdoors and what nature gives you, in gold, or in adventure.

Tags: gold prospecting, tips to finding gold

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Back to basics Empty Re: Back to basics

Post by madmav Mon 13 May 2013, 5:02 pm

wise words, very true too, now there is a surprise lmao,,, couldn't agree more though, tis more about the experience of getting out there and have a go, but do your research and your chances are always lifted,,
In this game there is never any guarantees, but there is a guaranteed adventure so get out there

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 13 May 2013, 6:49 pm

What more can you ask for.
1. the serenity of the scrub
2. cold beer
3. finding a bit of gold if ya lucky
4. some food to keep ya alive
5. ya good mate (ya dog) next to ya

Don't ya just love it but I gotta feeling I've forgotten something..........Oh yeah, and the wife if ya got one Back to basics 3179412840
I think I'll be mister Popular again and have to revise the list lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 7:12 pm

2) cold beer --mate its getting that cold u might have to throw in a hot cuppa..never thought I'd say cold but yes its happenin --must be climate change-- winter is on its way

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributer Mon 13 May 2013, 8:26 pm

Yeah, start with the basics, enjoy the bush and find a little gold. But if you want to find heaps of gold and bank the money and pay off all your debts then study geology and mining reports on many areas, study your manual and learn how to use your detector like your studying for a degree. Become a student and work on your detecting and digging efficiency to cover more ground. Detect with others and learn the settings people are using and compare signal responses with friends on undug targets. Have all the mining databases and mapping software on your desktop and become very competent using them. Research areas well and put long hours in detecting. But if you just want to get out there and detect and find a little gold and slowly improve and learn that's cool.
Tributer
Tributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum