Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AZ Yank getting closer to WA trip

2 posters

Go down

AZ Yank getting closer to WA trip Empty AZ Yank getting closer to WA trip

Post by macgyver5154 Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:46 pm

Seems that my partner in trip to WA may not be able to make the trip. I'm still hoping for an extended trip (June-Oct, 2013). Partner got me all excited about WA prospecting and now I'm seeking alternative ways to make it happen, without going solo into the bush. I need to hook up with somebody or a commercial outfit to at least get my feet wet and get a perspective on extended bush camping/prospecting.

Any recommendations on tours/programs by reputable outfits ????

Anyone have the--time--inclination--resources--to partner on a trip and guide a yank on his "bucket list" quest???

My intent would be to obtain a suitable vehicle, quad and camping gear, once in Perth area and head north from there to gold fields around Port Hedland area. But I'm open to suggestions regarding other areas that may be more local to Perth.

How about contacts for Perth area prospecting shops--as a means of further inquiry.

Curt B--macgyver
macgyver5154
macgyver5154

Back to top Go down

AZ Yank getting closer to WA trip Empty Re: AZ Yank getting closer to WA trip

Post by Biggest Kev Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:14 am

Howdy Curt,
Hey mate you might want to try just north of Perth at places like - Yalgoo, Mount Magnet, Cue, Meekathara all these places are in the Murchison gold fields give these places a try before heading up to Port Hedland.
Contact Jeff Wright from Reeds Prospecting Supplies in Perth 0892506664 mobile 0407270133 or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jeff has hire equipment and is a prospector so he should be able to help you out.
Hey Curt when you get to WA keep in touch on this forum as there are guys heading out bush at any given time me included, could possibly catch up.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by macgyver5154 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:12 am

Update from earlier post. My AZ partner apparently has cleared his way to make the trip and we are scheduling arrival for 17 May, into Perth.

Thanks to members who responded, encouragement appreciated.

Thanks for the information and will keep in touch on the forum.

Curt
macgyver5154
macgyver5154

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum