Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

easter trip

+3
pilbarachad
Bignuggs
Flying kiwi
7 posters

Go down

easter trip Empty easter trip

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 03 Apr 2013, 3:19 pm

finally got my first trip of the season under my belt over the long weekend,
ended up out the back of Que re-working some old patches.
must admit it was a very low key affair with the required amount of beer drinking sleeping in and eating junk kwdf

had a play with my new toy a keene mighty midget dryblower which i am all round pretty happy with, ran it off a car battery and it chuffed away quite happily for about 5 hours without going flat it picked up gold from too small to see up to small nuggs about 1/5 gram no worries. pic below was from one cleanout after 15min production run (max length untill rehydration required kwdf)

got to admit that the missis is starting to become a force to recon with on the detecting frount with me only pinging one more than her by the end of the trip, cant have that eh

all up 6.3grams and some fines so paid for diesel which is nice Very Happy

cheers Tom Cool

easter trip P1020839_zpsd732b91d
easter trip P1020855_zps34a1bfbe
easter trip P1020875_zpsbe292fa5

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

easter trip Empty Re: easter trip

Post by Bignuggs Wed 03 Apr 2013, 4:03 pm

G'day Tom,
Sounds like ya had a damn good time out there and some nice bits of gold. but ya got the shovelling bit back to front, I expected to see ya Mrs using the long handle Razz but don't tell her I said it lol!

cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:10 pm

Good stuff flying kiwi. Looks like you got that dry blower humming along nicely, wont be long till its paid for itself hey! Im curious how you pick your spots to dryblow, i take it your just digging where youve found a run of nuggets?
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:20 pm

Great work FK, realy keen to give dryblowing a go, so hope to hear more on this, great pics cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:34 am

Cliff she aint to bad on the banjo but had to nip back to camp to sort tea out clown
hey chad got to admit its all new to me but was a very scientific aproch Very Happy mainly worked the old heaps of dirt pushed up on old scrapes as they are easy to dig. looked for ones with bits of bedrock in them as I figured they would have more gold, even tryed an old dryblowing fines heap and that had some gold in it too. not sure if begineers luck or what but every place i dug found some gold.
something to do when you are tired of walking around swinging a wand all day. I enjoyed sitting down with a beer panning the cons the most.
Stu - Reeds have em for $1000 bucks, whatch this space bud this is step one of a wee project im working on :)

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

easter trip Empty easter trip

Post by albo Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

Good onya Tom , itl have to be super rich to get me near that thing , thought you would be swingin that 5000 or a vlf goldbug 2 for the crumbs, anyhow to each their own , noticed your a goofy footter on the d1 also lol! , cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:19 am

yea mate you got me im "kack handed" lol!

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Fri 05 Apr 2013, 6:27 am

well done kiwi you need a rum after that Very Happy Very Happy
cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Fri 05 Apr 2013, 7:12 am

Bloody good idea Tom, and its doing the job to, a mate has made a sluice set it up so it recycles the water, he has plans to test area's where he has found small alluvial gold in past trips.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum