Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back Again

2 posters

Go down

Back Again Empty Back Again

Post by Bonefisher Mon 25 Mar 2013, 2:40 am

Well peeps after receiving some warm welcomes on here several months ago and some truly great advice I had to take a few months off. Mad

Wouldn't Adam and Eve it but on the 3rd January this year (Happy Bloody New Year Laughing ) I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 and Liver disease. Now in all honesty my 'lifestyle' over the years 'may' have taken its toll, but come on, at least have the decency to only give me one ailment at a time. lol!

In the grand scheme of things it's just the way the cards fall I guess, and I'm blaming 'outside influences' for my rather dubious lifestyle, you know, several divorces, a couple of fellas named 'Jack', 'Jim' and 'Johnnie', Shocked and the eating habits of a Hermit who believed eating after midnight was 'sensible'.

Plus of course the copious amounts of 'snacks' and having shares in Krispy Cremes. Laughing

Shouldn't laugh folks, but lets face facts, a LOT far worse off than me, and with luck, a fair wind and a decent diet I should live beyond 50, well the doc said not to read any long books, but you have to giggle.

The diabetes is very controllable with diet and excercise, and the old Liver is just having to get used to being a tea totaller for the foreseeable future, so Jack, Jim and Johnnie have been evicted from my house never to darken the doorstep again. Back Again 4066623196

Having said all that, me and the good lady are still headed back to Australia in September of this year and our plans to go full on with the old prospecting are going to plan, was a bit iffy for a time but the docs back here have been fantastic and done a grand job in getting me back on my feet.

As I said, no biggy in the grand scheme of things, and loads more folk have it FAR worse and it truly makes you appreciate what a crappy lifestyle can do.

So my apologies to all for going AWOL, but thought I'd put you in the picture and hopefully speak soon.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Back Again Empty Re: Back Again

Post by Bignuggs Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:18 am

Welcome back Tony. We had a Prime Minister who once said "Life wasn't meant to be easy", he then lost his pants in Nashville, a prize stud bull he paid $45,000 for then broke it's pizzle and a brand new Saab he just bought got broadsided and it was a write off.
Needless to say, Australia got a good laugh and it was good medicine for us.
So take care of ya self and stop playing with the 3 boys Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:35 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Welcome back Tony. We had a Prime Minister who once said "Life wasn't meant to be easy", he then lost his pants in Nashville, a prize stud bull he paid $45,000 for then broke it's pizzle and a brand new Saab he just bought got broadsided and it was a write off.
Needless to say, Australia got a good laugh and it was good medicine for us.
So take care of ya self and stop playing with the 3 boys Razz

Aye, you have to laugh mate don't you. Laughing

Worse things happen at sea, and lets face it, as long as I don't lose the ability to pick up my Minelab all good.

Problem is this though. I'm going to be the most boring bugger out in the gold fields if I ever meet up with you guys.

No beer, only eat stir frys, and in bed before ten. Good god, there goes ANY invite I'll EVER have to a field trip with you fellas. Back Again 4066623196 Laughing
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum