Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no go prospecting areas-info

4 posters

Go down

no go prospecting areas-info Empty no go prospecting areas-info

Post by albo Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:58 am

Just thought id ask how the latest is going with areas in WA ,they change constantly... where the trouble spot no go areas are .. leaving out redcastle etc or any Barrick ground , we all know those .So any negative experiences are welcome , just to save myself & other members grief if we putabout. im onto tengraph etc know the rules , but there can be no go hotspots , havnt done the merrygo round for some time , just checkin , cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

no go prospecting areas-info Empty Re: no go prospecting areas-info

Post by boobook Wed 20 Mar 2013, 5:19 am

On the way in to our granted sect20a area went past a sign which said:
PRIVATE LEASE KEEP OUT
No lease number, no name, no date, on Tengraph the location shows as pending so whats the go?

Not looking for problems or illegal encroaching but it did seem a little sus.
Mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 8:07 am

boobook wrote:On the way in to our granted sect20a area went past a sign which said:
PRIVATE LEASE KEEP OUT
No lease number, no name, no date, on Tengraph the location shows as pending so whats the go?

Not looking for problems or illegal encroaching but it did seem a little sus.
Mike

Quite often those are old signs that leaseholders forget to remove when they've done with the spot. It isn't mandatory to erect such signs and they're done to help people stay out of trouble - as well as give 'em no excuse if they get caught in there. I must be honest and admit that I've left the odd one behind when I've pulled up stumps on a lease. But some "naughty, naughty" leaseholders do put up those signs right after they've banged the pegs in and the ground's still "Pending". I must be honest again and admit,,,,,,,,I've never done that.

When it all boils down, what Tengraph says is correct, irregardless of signs. There's one notorious leaseholder at Leo that does this sign business on pending ground all the time. He hates tourist prospectors with a passion but he's not breaking any laws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 8:24 am

albo wrote:Just thought id ask how the latest is going with areas in WA ,they change constantly... where the trouble spot no go areas are .. leaving out redcastle etc or any Barrick ground , we all know those .So any negative experiences are welcome , just to save myself & other members grief if we putabout. im onto tengraph etc know the rules , but there can be no go hotspots , havnt done the merrygo round for some time , just checkin , cheers albo.

"No go spots and no chance of permission" that I know of are "The Specking Patch", "The Rabbit Warren", just about anywhere at Murrin Murrin - especially "Keep it Dark", Redcastle, 14 Mile Well, Mt Kowtah, anything on Minara Nickel tenements. Others are anything on Navigator Mining if you don't get permission first, anything on St Barbara' s ground as they've not re-instated their Prospecting Permit system yet, anywhere near Kalgoorlie with the possible exception of Norton at Paddington, Jaguar Mining (north of Leo), SR Mining near Wilsons Patch, Regis Resources at Duketon - but you may get permission further south, Dacian Gold at Mt Morgans (Laverton), Lake Austin, The Island, Nannine, Sandstone is always dodgy just about anywhere and finally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any of my leases fghghg

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:44 am

Thanks cat ,iv avoided leo , kal & sandstone in the past for those reasons & too many people so not many changes there , cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU Wed 20 Mar 2013, 4:07 pm

Caterpillar wrote:...SR Mining...
Cat
SR Mining don't have any live leases, or am I missing something?

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

no go prospecting areas-info Empty no go prospecting areas-info

Post by albo Wed 20 Mar 2013, 7:51 pm

Ar Aussie au dont worry about that , but what i was aiming at ... 10 years ago .. it was common knowledge of the no go spots , like Barrick , Quinns[ arfer] some parts of LEO & LA . i was mainly asking if anyone had a runnin mainly with a Dick & places to avoid lately , thats all mate.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 9:44 pm

AussieAU wrote:
Caterpillar wrote:...SR Mining...
Cat
SR Mining don't have any live leases, or am I missing something?

They bought some MLs from Terrain Minerals (if memory serves me right) up around Teutonic Bore, near the road. I tried to get some SPLs on those MLs only to find that Terrain had sold the ground and the new owners, SR said "No" - which is their right when it's an ML and not a PL or an EL.

They do have some "pending" up at Wilson's Patch which they secured when St Barbs dropped some ground. I had another SPL lined up there as well!! So another one bites the dust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 3:26 pm

AussieAU, I've checked and it is SR Mining that now own M37/638 between Wilsons and Teutonic. They bought it from Terrain Minerals. So no go there with SR.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU Fri 22 Mar 2013, 4:12 pm

Caterpillar wrote:AussieAU, I've checked and it is SR Mining that now own M37/638 between Wilsons and Teutonic. They bought it from Terrain Minerals. So no go there with SR.

Cat

I've just had a look, but it still shows up as Terrain Minerals in tengraph. So is tengraph not up to date?

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 4:37 pm

AussieAU,

Yes it does show as Terrain Minerals but look further at the contact address and it says," c/o SR Mining". Use the EMiTS system and you'll see the change of address was registered on 1st Feb 2012:

Application to Amend 390399 Lodged : 10:57:40 01 February 2012

Amending : Address

From : TERRAIN MINERALS LTD, C/- M & M WALTER CONSULTING, PO BOX 8197, SUBIACO EAST, WA, 6008

To : TERRAIN MINERALS LTD, C/-SR MINING PTY LTD C/- GETS, PO BOX 10939, KALGOORLIE, WA, 6433

RECORDED : 10:57:40 01 February 2012

It may be just a deal that Terrain have done but when I phoned Terrain last year for an SPL possibility they said they've sold it to SR Mining. I called SR and they knocked me back. SR reckon they're gonna put an alluvial plant on it ,,,,,,,,,yeah, yeah,,,,,,,I've heard that before. We'll wait 'n see.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU Fri 22 Mar 2013, 5:22 pm

Caterpillar wrote:AussieAU,

Yes it does show as Terrain Minerals but look further at the contact address and it says," c/o SR Mining". Use the EMiTS system and you'll see the change of address was registered on 1st Feb 2012:

Application to Amend 390399 Lodged : 10:57:40 01 February 2012

Amending : Address

From : TERRAIN MINERALS LTD, C/- M & M WALTER CONSULTING, PO BOX 8197, SUBIACO EAST, WA, 6008

To : TERRAIN MINERALS LTD, C/-SR MINING PTY LTD C/- GETS, PO BOX 10939, KALGOORLIE, WA, 6433

RECORDED : 10:57:40 01 February 2012

It may be just a deal that Terrain have done but when I phoned Terrain last year for an SPL possibility they said they've sold it to SR Mining. I called SR and they knocked me back. SR reckon they're gonna put an alluvial plant on it ,,,,,,,,,yeah, yeah,,,,,,,I've heard that before. We'll wait 'n see.

Cat
Thanks for the info Cat. I had seen the change of address when in the register. Don't know why SR have not put their name on it if they bought it, but than as you say, 'it may be just a deal that Terrain have done....' Shame you couldn't get the spl/s, some good ground out there.

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 22 Mar 2013, 8:05 pm

Hey thanks Cat , it doesnt take 5 mins to research this stuff & i know for one here , tengraph can take an hour or so on some matters sometimes , thanks & appreciate it, albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 9:35 am

albo wrote:Hey thanks Cat , it doesnt take 5 mins to research this stuff & i know for one here , tengraph can take an hour or so on some matters sometimes , thanks & appreciate it, albo.

It's the same as anything else, Tengraph and eMits are easy once you've been doing for a while. But even eMits doesn't tell the whole story, only "the view from the outside looking in". There exists paperwork within the DMP that only they and the leaseholder has access to.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 23 Mar 2013, 8:47 pm

The good thing about WA is, we have tengraph. What can I say, learn how to use it. There is no excuse for being on ground when you don't have the permissions to be there.
Tengraph is easy to use, but if you aren't sure about something, ASK the question, and we will do our best to answer.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum