Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started me trip

+15
koeh
Bonefisher
martinjsto
gut feeling
BIG GEM
Nosralt
araratgold
Bignuggs
bluedog
Biggest Kev
K town swinger
snapper
Flying kiwi
shorty
UTBN
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Started me trip - Page 4 Empty Started me trip

Post by UTBN Mon 18 Mar 2013, 8:45 am

First topic message reminder :

G'day all Jason here. Began my trip almost two weeks ago outta kal with a mate. Weather playing up and emi is a real bastard. This is my first trip in a while and picked up where I left off really. Gold most days. I've got up to nearly 1.5 oz so far and biggest bit touch under 13 grams. Me mate has found nothing at all yet. Pretty much have given up on telling him he won't find gold with coil being swung half ft off the deck. Using an iPhone and trying to up load photos. Will post when I work it out

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Started me trip - Page 4 Empty Re: Started me trip

Post by UTBN Mon 25 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

Haha Martin you know me well already. Yeah I put gold in a safe place normally but occasionally forget. Told bluedog where to get a guarrenteed bit once a few months ago as I dropped one at camp and he found it. Must be a short term memory thing. I still haven't cleaned car out as yet so hopefully a few nuggets appear.
Thanks for that comment fk as your spot on too. Finding gold consistently isn't luck but very hard work indeed. If you don't have coil on the ground all day and do serious searching your chances are stuffed.
Some people get hung up on 'the right ground' too much and waste time driving around looking where gold should be. Yeah once upon a time it was in the right ground but after land erosion it could be anywhere. Hence golds where it is. Most important thing is to find that first bit. But even that one piece quite often is a loner and you need to look in different areas.

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2013, 4:36 pm

once people have picked all the easy pieces then there are the odd one here or there and trying to figure out where the rest is --well they are long gone in the days of the early minelab machines I reckon.

keep on swingin young fella..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by krazycaptain Mon 30 Dec 2013, 9:38 am

Thats a great looking piece in your hand, you must have been trembling when that one popped out.
We are here in the Pilbara buckling down for the cyclone which should visit us tonight. With the rain and winds from this weather event might even produce a few nuggets. We are not too far from La Larook here in the Pilbara
Best wishes and detecting to all forum members.
Regards
Krazycaptain
John
krazycaptain
krazycaptain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 9:57 am

stay safe john u will get a bit of rain--not much in Karratha yet

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 01 Jan 2014, 9:13 pm

hi all,
here is jase final gold for the season. he popped out for a quick 3 days b4 xmas and the results were worth the effort and added to the final tally pictured.
well done Mate, a great season there and a better one to come.
Martin

Started me trip - Page 4 Photo110

Started me trip - Page 4 Photo_10

Started me trip - Page 4 Photo_11
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Thu 02 Jan 2014, 9:58 am

Well done mate hope you get a lot more  Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Cheers bluedog