Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My next project -- portable sluice--sort off

4 posters

Go down

My next project -- portable sluice--sort off Empty My next project -- portable sluice--sort off

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:06 pm

well I was offered this contraption a while back by an aquaintance of mine to see if I could do anything with it --well its still there in the yard--

I dont know--
hopper end --dont worry about the trailer--its stuffed..

My next project -- portable sluice--sort off 057

the bussiness end--

My next project -- portable sluice--sort off 066

My next project -- portable sluice--sort off 059

My next project -- portable sluice--sort off 060

My next project -- portable sluice--sort off 062

any helpfull ideas will be appreciated--havent told the mrs --dont think I will either--just remember I have to sleep next to it at night. lol!

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

My next project -- portable sluice--sort off Empty Re: My next project -- portable sluice--sort off

Post by mulgadansa Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:24 pm

Gday Ray
That's a wicked looking bit of gear!!! Brings back memories. Mate and I used to have a hundred tonne a day sluice at Nannine in 1984. Fantastic way of treating alluvial. What sort of recovery is it? Riffle boxes or jigs. Have you got a big gen set and access to water where you want to treat? We used to tip the dirt into a big hopper by truck and then sluice it out with water. You could cart paydirt from some distance that way and only handle it once. Worked pretty well and we had three bodies on the job 14 hours a day.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

My next project -- portable sluice--sort off Empty Re: My next project -- portable sluice--sort off

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:31 pm

Hi brett
thats all thats there-I guess the 2 photo may be your answer..

its just a project at this stage--if I do decide to go ahead..mmm

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporaticus Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:45 pm

Ray Hoffman, haha. Slow down, ya don't need it, one thing at a time, or I'll explain it another way: put all your eggs in one basket, then you know where all your eggs are and nothing can go wrong, Very Happy Very Happy .

Now that little dozer in the first photo.......well thats a different story, haha wegr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:46 pm

mate I've got something else on the boil aswell but I'll keep it under wraps.. lol!
the back end of the D10--reckon I could afford to run it for an hour..then that will be the weeks diesel.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporaticus Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:50 pm

oneday monday wrote:mate I've got something else on the boil aswell but I'll keep it under wraps.. lol!

regards
oneday

Mate this is a gold forum, no-one here cares your getting Russian brides over here for the FIFO's, haha ;xs;sp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:52 pm

stuff me someone has already let the cat out of the bag-- whgirt

there might be a quid in it --coz the gold is gettin thin on the ground.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:01 pm

all that gear has possibilities for refurbishment and alterations to make it an awesome unit, trailers are never stuffed with the right work done to em,,,,
my mind is at work, look out when we are there Ray, ya never know what we might come up with

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:16 pm

hi steve
I dont think the gear will move in a hurry--i'll leave it there till u get up here.

Are u Staying up here?

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:17 pm

will play it by ear m8, but if there is a project there is always a good chance of it
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:52 pm

Gday again Ray
Yep the second photo looks like a jig but it's a tiny little bugger from the view you get in the photo. I love this sort of gear and can see a fortune sitting there with its' portability. Sluicing half decent dirt at hundred tonne a day will yield somewhere around 3-5oz a day. Very Happy
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:57 pm

trouble is Brett I still have to find good dirt and a heap of water..

The riffle trays are small and I reckon they could do with extending out another meter-miner moss and away we go.

heap of ideas--just got to get the time..and more money..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:59 pm

ahhhh more money, the root of all projects, where there is a will there is a way, just have to find the cheapest way and gather the resources to achieve it
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Mon 11 Mar 2013, 4:08 pm

Ah oneday, seen stuff like that years ago in NSW.
Blokes putting 100t/hr. through, 7-800t./day for a pissie 4oz. gold (plus a bit of corrundum on the side)
We had a small setup doing 10t./day getting 1+oz. (good old pennyweight ground)
Secret: slow down the sluice, run the fines over coir matting, keep the runoff slope at no more than 1:12
If youse blokes had the water we had in NSW you could have come over and bought the joint. Sad
Its bloody hard going without adequate water.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 6:33 pm

u should come over mike and donate some time and set this old girl up... lol!
Mate up here has a drilling truck so might get him to throw down a bore --not to far from where we are..wishfull thinking--but stranger things have happened..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Tue 12 Mar 2013, 5:20 am

Were coming oneday!!
No, were actually coming soon.
Will be at the Musta then hope to get over to K (will need lotsaplonk by then), call in and say G'day to you.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down