Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Long Is It.........

2 posters

Go down

How Long Is It......... Empty How Long Is It.........

Post by Bonefisher Fri 30 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm

A piece of string I mean, Laughing

No but seriously, very new to this game and looking for all the advice I can get really, which so far has been bloody marvellous.

So here is the question. Is it possible to make a half decent living gold prospecting?

I know there are many aspects to this but based on a few things. At least 3/4 days in the field (weekly) as it were full time. A Minelab 5000 will be used, and I admit if I can't use the machine properly I will find very little. A determination to do things right and a can do attitude.

But here's the biggy, children now grown up and flown the nest so my wallet seems to have come to life again Laughing

We as a couple don't want a lot, $600 a week would see us right as we are a little older and as long as I can buy bait for fishing I'm happy.

I know there are a lot of things in the mix, I'm not after a get rich quick scheme, just after a bit of adventure and a job (if it can be called that) where I can actually look forward to each day.

I may get slaughtered for asking this question and maybe it's impossible to answer, but would appreciate your views please folks.

Cheers Bonefisher.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

How Long Is It......... Empty Re: How Long Is It.........

Post by Someday Fri 30 Nov 2012, 5:26 pm

G'day Boner, you've hit on the magical figure, 3 grams per day ish!
Dependen on location, 2 of them grams can go into fuel, chuck in a puncture or two? and then there's the cost of bait Razz

Some days/weeks are better than others, some days/weeks are worse than the other bad days!

If it was a sure thing, there'd be no gold left, and everything you buy would have to be shipped from overseas lol!

Best of luck, but don't count onit!

Cheers
Chris.

Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Fri 30 Nov 2012, 6:14 pm

Someday wrote:G'day Boner, you've hit on the magical figure, 3 grams per day ish!
Dependen on location, 2 of them grams can go into fuel, chuck in a puncture or two? and then there's the cost of bait Razz

Some days/weeks are better than others, some days/weeks are worse than the other bad days!

If it was a sure thing, there'd be no gold left, and everything you buy would have to be shipped from overseas lol!

Best of luck, but don't count onit!

Cheers
Chris.

Hi Chris.

If life was easy everyone would be doing it mate. lol!

As I said Chris very new to this game and need to learn heaps and heaps but will get there.

Hopefully 3 grams isn't impossible, if I don't reach that figure as an average then I'll be selling me body on the streets.

Should make at least 4 bucks a day, and that's people paying me to bugger off, body and a face only a blind mother could love. Shocked

Cheers Bonefisher.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 6:18 pm

Someday wrote:G'day Boner,

Looks like the name could stick, Chris ya bloody larrikin Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:56 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:
Someday wrote:G'day Boner,

Looks like the name could stick, Chris ya bloody larrikin Razz Razz

Oh we'll been called worse Crazy Pete.

Knob, Dick and few other choice ones.

And that's just from the wife.

But being nearly fifty I'm glad someone still thinks I can be a 'Boner', those little blue tablets are worth their weight in 'Gold', Laughing

Cheers Boner. How Long Is It......... 452991977
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 4:17 am

That's the 64 million dollar question Boney.

Your best chance of doing it is in WA nowadays-but that's where you're going anyway.

If both you and you wife do it with the latest and best detector-at present, the GPX5000- you'll stand a 100% better chance.
Many things will dictate whether you're successful or not.
Your ability to learn fast for both the machine and the terrain.
Your ability to us Tengraph and all the latest online aids.
Your tenacity...and boy, you're going to need it.
Your ability to survive the extremes of weather in the West.
Your ability to get along with your wife 24/7
Your health
etc., etc., etc.

There are still many full time detectorists "out there" so if you reckon you've got the balls for it.

JUST DO IT!!!

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Sat 01 Dec 2012, 6:25 pm

goldnomad wrote:That's the 64 million dollar question Boney.

Your best chance of doing it is in WA nowadays-but that's where you're going anyway.

If both you and you wife do it with the latest and best detector-at present, the GPX5000- you'll stand a 100% better chance.
Many things will dictate whether you're successful or not.
Your ability to learn fast for both the machine and the terrain.
Your ability to us Tengraph and all the latest online aids.
Your tenacity...and boy, you're going to need it.
Your ability to survive the extremes of weather in the West.
Your ability to get along with your wife 24/7
Your health
etc., etc., etc.

There are still many full time detectorists "out there" so if you reckon you've got the balls for it.

JUST DO IT!!!

Robert

Hi Robert.

Thanks for the advice mate, will take heed of your opinion and do all I can.

To tell you the truth I was expecting a lot of peeps to slaughter me for asking such a question but the advice I have received has been great and many thanks to all.

I guess it's not the 'normal' career path and a lot of people would normally laugh at what I want to do but you lot have been very honest and helpful and many thanks for that.

I'm looking at making it a far more long term 'career' and hopefully looking at making it into a kind of 'pension scheme' for our old age. No really pension or savings to speak of and if gold prices continue to rise as they have done for several years now it may enable us to have something to rely on when we are old and wrinkly.

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum