Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice needed.

+2
Flying kiwi
Bonefisher
6 posters

Go down

Advice needed.  Empty Advice needed.

Post by Bonefisher Thu 29 Nov 2012, 5:03 pm

Hi folks.

Very new here but have been welcomed and really appreciated.

Just after a quick bit of advice.

Myself and wife will be making our home in WA again (Exmouth) after a long absence overseas. I have only ever used some early models of Minelab borrowed from a mate here in the UK.

Would it be worth purchasing a Minelab 5000 or 3030 for my detecting?

Baring in mind I will devoting at least 3/4 days a week to prospecting (gold) are the extra $$$$$ for the 5000 really worth it?

I realise I will have to learn a lot and the 5000 is apparently the best gold finder out there, but honest opinions peeps, is it really worth the dollars?

Cheers Bonefisher.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Advice needed.  Empty Re: Advice needed.

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 29 Nov 2012, 6:04 pm

Yea mate a 3030 will not deal with the hot ground the way a pi machine will

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Thu 29 Nov 2012, 6:11 pm

Many thanks Kiwi.

As I said very new to this so just trying to sort things in my own head.

Guess ill have to take several deep breaths, have a drink or two and hand over several thousand dollars more and tell the wife 'Its a sound investment love'. Shocked
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 6:41 pm

the 5k is worth every cent it costs.
the 3030 is a dedicated coin and relic machine, it would be my last choice for seeking gold.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Thu 29 Nov 2012, 6:43 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:the 5k is worth every cent it costs.
the 3030 is a dedicated coin and relic machine, it would be my last choice for seeking gold.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Learning more and more each day.

Cheers Bonefisher.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Thu 29 Nov 2012, 7:55 pm

Bonefisher ..as the other guys have said ..buy the best tool for the job first ..and have no regrets. Yesterday I revisited a little gully that had
coughed up plenty in years gone past and should have been cleaned out .
Not so. The 5k with a big coil rounded up a 7.3 gm beauty deep right in the middle of my old dig holes .Gota love it. Very Happy
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Thu 29 Nov 2012, 8:26 pm

groundrush wrote:Bonefisher ..as the other guys have said ..buy the best tool for the job first ..and have no regrets. Yesterday I revisited a little gully that had
coughed up plenty in years gone past and should have been cleaned out .
Not so. The 5k with a big coil rounded up a 7.3 gm beauty deep right in the middle of my old dig holes .Gota love it. Very Happy

Hi Groundrush.

Yeah I guess at the end of the day the best tool will always pay dividends in the end.

Always a very keen fisho, so in relation to that I always get the very best tackle I can afford and it normally pays out in the end, well that's my story anyway.

But you're right mate, go with the best, I know it's a big outlay at the beginning but as I'm very serious about getting into prospecting it will pay dividends in the end, well hopefully anyway.

Cheers Bonefisher.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Thu 29 Nov 2012, 8:55 pm

G'day Bonefisher & welcome,
I agree with all the previous advice not that i'm an expert like some here. Sad A better detector will always find you
more gold and in the long run I believe you will be much better off. Just 1 question ? Wondering where you think you
can find gold near Exmouth ??? That would be the ideal lifestyle - fishing & detecting !!
kwdf
Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Thu 29 Nov 2012, 9:10 pm

Zap wrote:G'day Bonefisher & welcome,
I agree with all the previous advice not that i'm an expert like some here. Sad A better detector will always find you
more gold and in the long run I believe you will be much better off. Just 1 question ? Wondering where you think you
can find gold near Exmouth ??? That would be the ideal lifestyle - fishing & detecting !!
kwdf
Zap.

Hi Zap.

Now if I could combine fishing and prospecting on my doorstep I would be a very happy man. Very Happy

Always lived and worked in bigger cities so whilst Exmouth is not on the prospecting radar as it were myself and wife will be able to get to the gold areas a bit easier and take some serious time out go bush for several weeks if needed.

Having said that mate, got some bloody BIG 'Golden' Trevally up that way.

Cheers Bonefisher.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Thu 29 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

Cheers Bonefisher,
Sounds like you can have the best of both worlds cheers You must have a plane or helicopter ? Can you please pick me up when u come past Perth ?? lol! Best fishing ever at Exmouth (Coral trout, red & spangled emperor, cod, queenies & gamefish if that's what you're after, been there & loved it ! ) Fantastic place ! Need to chuck Crazy Pete on the plane so we can find some gold, that's my next ambition too when I get some more $$$ Very Happy
kwdf
Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Thu 29 Nov 2012, 10:01 pm

ps. Last time I was up there (a few years ago now) they cut all my trevally up for bait ? They were BIG fish (sliced the f@#K out of my fingers pulling em up !) but the skipper said we only eat anything's that RED & the rest of them have worms ! Had a minor argument as everything I was catching was bait but went home with some nice fish Very Happy
Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Thu 29 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm

Zap wrote:ps. Last time I was up there (a few years ago now) they cut all my trevally up for bait ? They were BIG fish (sliced the f@#K out of my fingers pulling em up !) but the skipper said we only eat anything's that RED & the rest of them have worms ! Had a minor argument as everything I was catching was bait but went home with some nice fish Very Happy
Zap.

Hi Zap.

Sorry mate but had to laugh. I remember years ago a fella walked into Bluewater tackle shop up there and the 'Whiting' he was holding turned out to be a 10 pound Bonefish.

Early days back then but now a small Bonefish fishery is well established out of Exmouth and some great specimens as well, may need to raid the piggy bank for the guiding price though, but has put Northern WA on the map for these fish as well as Permit.

Have a looksey at True Blue Bonefish on the net Zap, some great fish and the scenery is spectacular.

Cheers Bonefisher.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 10:45 pm

Zap wrote: Need to chuck Crazy Pete on the plane so we can find some gold, that's my next ambition too when I get some more $$$ Very Happy
kwdf
Zap.

Bloody hell i'll be in on that Shocked Very Happy
Do i get me own Private Air Hostess and warm Qantas slippers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz Razz Razz Razz
Then there's the free lweg kwdf we're gonna have a great time on zaps Credit Cards ay Bonefish
Advice needed.  Image010

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Thu 29 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

Zap wrote:Cheers Bonefisher,
Sounds like you can have the best of both worlds cheers You must have a plane or helicopter ? Can you please pick me up when u come past Perth ?? lol! Best fishing ever at Exmouth (Coral trout, red & spangled emperor, cod, queenies & gamefish if that's what you're after, been there & loved it ! ) Fantastic place ! Need to chuck Crazy Pete on the plane so we can find some gold, that's my next ambition too when I get some more $$$ Very Happy
kwdf
Zap.

Happily pick you up mate in my helicopter, just got to finish building it out of Lego. Shocked

I heard Crazy Pete was the fella to follow for the gold stuff. wegr
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Thu 29 Nov 2012, 11:13 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:
Zap wrote: Need to chuck Crazy Pete on the plane so we can find some gold, that's my next ambition too when I get some more $$$ Very Happy
kwdf
Zap.

Bloody hell i'll be in on that Shocked Very Happy
Do i get me own Private Air Hostess and warm Qantas slippers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz Razz Razz Razz
Then there's the free lweg kwdf we're gonna have a great time on zaps Credit Cards ay Bonefish
Advice needed.  Image010

Hi Crazy Pete.

Got to love a credit card, mines going to be maxed out soon though as looking at purchasing Minelab 5000. dambit
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by nvchris Thu 29 Nov 2012, 11:44 pm

Luv the 5000, one thing about buying top equipment it holds its value well. Take care of it with a control box cover and when/if you need to sell you'll get top dollar.

Best of luck!
nvchris
nvchris
nvchris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:47 am

Bonefisher wrote:

Hi Groundrush.

Yeah I guess at the end of the day the best tool will always pay dividends in the end.

Always a very keen fisho, so in relation to that I always get the very best tackle I can afford and it normally pays out in the end, well that's my story anyway.

But you're right mate, go with the best, I know it's a big outlay at the beginning but as I'm very serious about getting into prospecting it will pay dividends in the end, well hopefully anyway.

Cheers Bonefisher.

Boney, you just answered your own question.
There is nothing that comes remotely close to the 5000.
Spend the monedy. You won't regret it.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:34 pm

Bone Fisher
"Myself and wife will be making our home in WA again (Exmouth) after a long absence overseas. I have only ever used some early models of Minelab borrowed from a mate here in the UK".

When you get up there, near to Exmouth, near ya, you may want to try the Goldfield on Mt Stuart Station (180km West of Parraurdoo, 105km South of Pannawonica with ya new detector...

ND.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:57 pm

NuggieDreamer wrote:Bone Fisher
"Myself and wife will be making our home in WA again (Exmouth) after a long absence overseas. I have only ever used some early models of Minelab borrowed from a mate here in the UK".

When you get up there, near to Exmouth, near ya, you may want to try the Goldfield on Mt Stuart Station (180km West of Parraurdoo, 105km South of Pannawonica with ya new detector...

ND.

Hi ND.

Cheers for the pointer mate. Looking forward to getting out there.

Cheers Bonefisher.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum