Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new coils on the market

2 posters

Go down

new coils on the market  Empty new coils on the market

Post by big chop Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:21 am

i am shore you've heard of the nugget tech range but have you seen or used the new Nugget tech coils they have been introduced to the market lately.These include the Li'l Bewdy which is 8.5" x 5" Elliptical Coil, the Li'l Rippa which is a 14" x 9" Elliptical Coil,the Quoll which is a 14" Round and the Wombat which is a 18" Round.
i have used the nugget tech dingo and The Quenda and have had great success, the nugget tech range is not touch sensitive.The quenda found us our first nugget.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cheers good diggin
BC
big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

new coils on the market  Empty Re: new coils on the market

Post by Evan2010 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:59 pm

Gday Bignuggs, I purchased a Quenda for a mate lastyear (He Paid) on the condition I got to use it too Wink
I found it to be a Great coil, Very well made and easy to Ground Balance etc.
The first time I had a swing I picked up this nice little 1.7g nug .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cheers Evan
Evan2010
Evan2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan2010 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:01 pm

pS Sorry bigchop I got the names mixed up. Embarassed
Cheers Evan
Evan2010
Evan2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 6:46 am

Evan2010

Just a bit of advice if I could.

Looking at the last picture of your coil, I think you might need to tidy up all the lead coils.
The first loop should be over the top of the shaft and large enough to allow the coil to be
moved parallel ao at 90 degrees to the shaft. Then it needs to be reasonably tightly wound
around the shaft. All this helps to stops any spurious noises emitting from the coil connection
and also stop prevent stick etc. from catching on the lead.

If you had a reason for doing it your way, just tell me to shutup Razz Razz Razz

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan2010 Sun 26 Feb 2012, 8:20 am

Gday Robert, No need to shut up mate :) I know what your saying mate as Ive learnt how important it is to have the coil lead nice and tight around the shafts to reduce unwanted noise etc. I usually have the lead run straight up the lower shaft with tape to hold it in place then wrapped around the upper shaft with the velcro strips. but in this instance I had already disconnected the coils plug from my 45 before taking the pic (possibly making the slack look worse than it was?) as I was only having a quick swing with it as the owner wanted to have another go with it himself. I simply used his lower shaft to save time with the change over. cheers
Cheers Evan
Evan2010
Evan2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 5:29 am

Oh...OK Evan. Thanks for the explanation. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content