Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target!

3 posters

Go down

Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target! Empty Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target!

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:37 am

A few years back after an accident at work, I had a titanium plate and 8 screws surgically fitted to my broken upper arm back together to get me back to work. Now it sets off my detector and it is getting frustrating. Does anyone have a simular problem any ideas to stop this happening anymore? thanks.

After selecting 'Enhance' using 14" elliptical NF mono coil searching in 'Deep' looking for a BIG sucker deep and get tired using right arm, I try to swap to my left and WHAM!
every time I swung the coil to the left directly under my left arm or when I am sqatting down while halving handfuls of dirt next to a dig hole looking for a target.

In 'Special' (Fine Gold) this is not so much a problem unless I get much closer... Shame to have a great detector but I cant use deep settings effectively.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target! Empty Re: Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target!

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:47 am

If your arm swings with the detector it should not pick it up. It's the same as having a nugget sit on your coil whilst swinging. It-and your arm-will be moving with the detector.

I have a right hip replacement and swing right-handed. My 4000, 4500 and 5000 have NEVER picked it up under normal detecting swings and any cvombination of settings.

Call Nenad at Minelab abd discuss it with him. Something isn't right.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target! Empty Re: Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target!

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:27 am

Ya sure your not wearing your pick on ya belt on that side ??
I wear long pants at times and they have the lge army style pockets on the legs
and they have zippers on em, me 5k picks them up real easy.
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 10 Sep 2012, 10:40 am

Under normal circumstances, once the bone has knitted, they take the plate out and you won't have the problem anymore.
Or will you have it for life ? Are the screws protruding thru the skin like little lumps ? if they are, might be time to get it taken out.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:31 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Under normal circumstances, once the bone has knitted, they take the plate out and you won't have the problem anymore. might be time to get it taken out.

Not fun major surgery again. Although I did like the way the nurse massaged my hand to get circulation back while dosed up on Morphine Laughing

The surgeon says less chance of infection by leaving the manajory in. I'm cool with it just need to change my technique I reckon or just work Right handed and end up looking like a Soldier Crab 'Popeye' on one side!
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target! 3179412840

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:59 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:Ya sure your not wearing your pick on ya belt on that side ??

Nah 'Crazy Pete' it's a juggle, if I put the pick on the right I tone up on both sides then...

I found the pick has to tuck almost between my butt cheeks to give me a bit of room and the coil needs to hang out away from my feet further but feels heavier there. I was hoping one of you guys may know if or where to get some type of shield to wear?
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:04 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target! 3179412840

NICE!
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 6:42 am

Did you sort the problem out ND?

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:53 am

Rob,

A technique change has helped mate. I'm dealing with it slowly. Using my left arm to swing the detector now even being right handed and placing the detector on my right hand side on the ground when I'm sorting a target (bit of a tangle each time I squat down but I have no choice) I don't want to sacrifice any sensitivity on the settings so, them's the brakes. Thankyou for your advice.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:05 pm

OK. Good luck kwdf

Robert

Back to top Go down

Fustrated with GPX picking up my body as a target! Empty Steel neez

Post by idigem Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:50 pm

Hi Nuggie
I had a similar problem while using a 14*9 nugget finder on my 5000
after they gave me 2 steel knee's, bought a longer lower shaft from
coiltek for about 50 bucks it's a bit heavier but I don't have any more
problems
Cheers Peter

idigem

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:02 pm

Thanks Pete, that sounds like the best idea so far...
ND
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down