Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery

+4
Rege-PA
Alan WA
Panther
yella stuff
8 posters

Go down

Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery Empty Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery

Post by yella stuff Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:39 am

The first bit of gold I found was a butterfly shaped sunbaker picture nugget of about .4g being meaningful as it is I decided to go to a jeweller and get it made into a pendant with a little diamond for my wife after she gives birth to our first child (I will post a pic when I get it back). I am hoping the nugget doesn't get destroyed and who knows it may even make the ball and chain smaller when it comes time to let me out prospecting. Have you guys had any nuggets made into jewellery and if so any stories? Very Happy

yella stuff

Back to top Go down

Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery Empty Re: Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:51 am

Have a look here Yella

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pete

Back to top Go down

Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery Empty Re: Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:57 am

it's the best prezzy you can give a loved one. my wife loves the one i made her... the best part is it was out of my gold finds...will have to check out on how they go about doing them as i would love to make my own
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

I have had one made with a bail on it which was handmade of 9 c gold. when its in england ill get a decent photo up of it,

sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:21 am

This is a nugget I found on my wifes birthday a few years ago. The ring I am wearing is also made from some of my finds. Unfortunately you can only see the band here. The ring weighs almost 1/4oz.
Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery 42770427

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:37 am

My wife has been turning our gold into jewellery for quite a few years.
She was a regular seller on fleabay till they got too greedy with paypal etc.

She makes her own findings from our gold by hand. Notice how
they match the nugget. Most jewellers use mass produced 9 or 14ct findings
that I think clash with the nugget. Too shiny.

Alan

If anyone wants to change the way the picture is posted, go for it. scratch

Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery Charm_10

Last edited by Bignuggs on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : running out of space for attachments)

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:47 am

That is a beautiful piece Alan, and I see how the finding really becomes part of the piece, if I find one big enough would your wife work her magic and create something for my wife?

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA Thu 30 Aug 2012, 6:57 pm

Yes Rege-PA.
Let us know when you want get it done.
Be a lot cheaper than the jewellers too.

Alan

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:54 pm

Very nice Alan.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Sun 14 Oct 2012, 9:14 pm

heres one that i just got done for the misiss real happy with it came up sweet as, worth a few brownie points too;)
Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery P1020053
Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery P1020056
Nugget Jewellery or findings made into jewellery IMG_1804

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:18 pm

Bloody lovely Tom.
Its amazing what lies beneath the dirt on a fresh dug nuggy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grantler Mon 15 Oct 2012, 2:45 am

Hi
very nice nugget´s,
Have 2 australian ones ,but they are to small for jewlery .
and sice we do not have that much gold over here, so I´m working more with ammonites and trilobites . Pictures will follow :-)
grantler

Grantler

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Mon 15 Oct 2012, 8:15 pm

had a lot of my first finds made into my wedding band. means more to me now than ever.

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down