Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X marks the spot

5 posters

Go down

X marks the spot Empty X marks the spot

Post by Bignuggs Sat 04 Aug 2012, 8:44 pm

I'll never get there again but if you can't find gold here, you will never find it.

X marks the spot Bandya10

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

X marks the spot Empty X marks the spot

Post by albo Sat 04 Aug 2012, 9:15 pm

Thanks Biggnugs, and il add another bit, a little further north of that , Deleta Station , not on old maps ,but it exists & is owned by a nice older woman with a couple of station hands & thats an extension of that run. It was 10 years ago & she made us tea & cakes & explained the main station was divided up & she named her bit Deleta Station as its not on the maps..... 10 years ago , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

X marks the spot Empty Re: X marks the spot

Post by snapper Sun 05 Aug 2012, 12:15 am

g,day Bignuggs, just spent 2 weeks nth of there and will be heading that way next week, i wasnt going that far up but i might now wegr most of the area you point out is green but there is some pending ground around it so ill stick the 24x12 on give it a go, thanks for the tip cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 05 Aug 2012, 2:38 am

I'm giving an area where I found a lot of small gold and bloody excellent specie stones. It's there, I wish I could go back. so pay close attention to what I have to say and look closely at the photo and mud map coz it's from memory (GPS ? I dont need it) . From the old Bandya shearers quarters (if they are still there) turn right (head east up the track ) about a moan and groan or two but not that far (bout 2k's max). You will see on the south side of the track what looks like a hollow wash plain, and this extends south into a flat plain, ya can't miss it unless some mongrel has ripped thru it with a dozer. Drive south and go thru the creek bed. There's a track thru it or was.
When you first see the area, ya might think the same as I did. It's a flood plain. If ya facing south, on ya left hand side you will see the rise. If you look around you will find what looks like river/stream washed stone on the rise. You will ask yourself, "how did it get that high", it got that high coz it's an ancient river bed. Walk the rise and the ground about 2 to 3 hundred metres east of the rise.
Now if any one gets there, let me know how good my memory is and what you find. If my directions are no good to you and you don't find gold, here's the challenge,

And here are the conditions to the first person who can get me back there. If we find no gold you get $500 cash in hand to cover expenses but, if we do find GOLD, I keep all the gold that is found and you get fair share of expenses paid. Doesn't sound fair does it, but that's the chance you take. Maybe you can keep a little bit of gold Very Happy

X marks the spot Bandya11
X marks the spot Bandya12

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

Stu

Sounds like you was up Mt Carnegie/Billy bore way last fortnight mate.
Some good deep ground out there.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 06 Aug 2012, 9:40 pm

I've had another look using the Landgate map. It's another view and the best I can do for ya's without actually being in the area. It would appear everything at the old Homestead site has gone but ya can't miss the site. Time changes things and there appears to be a lot of drilling in the area.
Sept last year, the Laverton Police said the water tanks south of the homestead site were still on the eastern side of the Bandya road. I couldn't see them scanning the map. Just a bit north of the tanks was a track leading off to the right (east) that leads into the area. Or go to the old homestead site and take the track east.

X marks the spot Bandya13

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 12:49 am

Tank

X marks the spot Tank10

Burnt out Bandya Homestead

X marks the spot Hmstd_10

You was correct in your 1st map Cliff Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:29 am

Great aerial image...is it something that we can view on line and find other areas?

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 12:10 pm

Hi Rege

Mate just use this link for Landgate,WA's Gov land dept map viewer.
pop up blockers may interfere so turn off when using and have latest
Java installed.

https://www.landgate.wa.gov.au/bmvf/app/mapviewer/

cheers
Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:00 pm

We have a 20a permit not far from there cheers
Will let you know how we go, Thanks for the tip kwdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:35 pm

It's been too many years since I was up that way and things have changed and it has been driving me crazy trying to pin point the area. There are new roads/tracks everywhere.
So here's the lastest and the last but to see the actual area you will need to download the Duketon 1:250 000 geo map and zoom it.
http://www.geoscience.gov.au/

The first photo I put up is to far west but the mud map is correct and you will see if you ever get there. On this geo map, I've outlined 2 Hills, Pinje-eda and Pinjanie, the area coloured red on the west side of the hills is the rise up from the flat ground and the rise & slope is what you need to walk on. You can actually walk between the 2 hills in a narrow gulley but I'll tell ya this, if you do go for a walk between the hills, you will feel like something is stalking you and it sends a shiver up ya back, I kid you not Razz affraid
This is the best I can do for anyone thinking of going to the area.
X marks the spot Bandya14

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up Cliff.....
To the rest of you Buggers,rack off and leave it alone so I can smash it up next August X marks the spot 729094268 wegr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:08 pm

Bignuggs i thought someone had drawen all over my screen, i had got the white-out and now have white patches everywhere on my screen bugger it all...

X marks the spot 3179412840

Back to top Go down

Post by Detrack Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:10 pm

Seletion Af & Vien Line's for Bandya Homestead Nth East

Google E overlay

Bandya.zip

Detrack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Thu 09 Aug 2012, 9:04 pm

scratch Did down loads, one shows patch areas, don`t see any vein lines on other. Previous overlay of old mines shows most of them west of patchy areas, are they lined up properly?

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2012, 7:13 pm

A mate once asked me, why give out ya spots to people.  Well I said to him, I like to help people.  i learnt fast not to do it, why ? coz the people ya try to help will sh*t on ya an im sure yas will disagree with this but it happends.
before ya know it their is a f++++n great crowd hittin ya spot wich is not bad wen ya only told 2 people.  bignuggs ya shoulda keep that to ya self.  that is good country up there mate, good gold up there.  Let em hunt for it an teh gully is scary, I agree with that
wat im tryin to say is, ya bloody crazy for givin up that spot.  im done adn outa here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Dec 2013, 7:54 am

thought I'd dig this out of the realms of darkness.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Dec 2013, 7:56 am

how true--tell a mate or friend then there is a circus out there.
frenchmans is a classic.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum