Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold in Biotite ? NOW WITH PICS !

2 posters

Go down

Gold in Biotite ?   NOW WITH PICS ! Empty Gold in Biotite ? NOW WITH PICS !

Post by Ash100456 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:34 pm

G'day all,
A question for you, Where in Western Australia are you likely to find Biotite ( a form of mica ) and can gold be present in it ?

Last edited by Ash100456 on Mon 09 Jul 2012, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Gold in Biotite ?   NOW WITH PICS ! Empty Re: Gold in Biotite ? NOW WITH PICS !

Post by Someday Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:53 pm

Man, Biotite is present in most rocks looken like dark crystalline somethen, it's just another of the many mica's we see, they all split into thin layers then split again and again and again!

If your chasing gold! Look for gold? when you find gold within a speci, look at the minerals within that speci, then track those minerals to find the source!

Cheers
Chris.
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm

Thanks Someday for the reply, To all forum members, have any of you seen gold in Biotite before.
Cheers
ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Tue 26 Jun 2012, 5:14 pm

Delved a tad deeper into the biotite/gold thingy! The majority of gold found with biotite is within the leafs of biotite 🇳🇴 🇳🇴 🇳🇴

Contact zones as always produce the most gold!

If your after gold sulfide, keep checken out biotite lweg

Cheers
Chris.
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:50 pm

Thanks Someday for the extra delving, Your right the gold is within the leafs of biotite. Was lucky enough to detect a small old tin stashed under a large tree root, Struck my pick through this rusty tin, I cursed. On scooping the tin & dirt from the hole i noticed a trail of gold in the dirt. Had to bucket up all the dirt to sort through it to retrieve the gold laden biotite, Biggest bit weighs in at 40g and is cone shaped & is full of long stringy gold. I will post up a photo when i am finished sorting it out & i have a better internet connection. A great find & i can only wonder at the story behind the Tin of gold laden Biotite.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:02 pm

G'day Ashley hows it goin lately man Very Happy

Mate i was once up Jupiter Ck diggins and got a massive signal so i started digging and hit a glass jar, as i was pullung the dirt back outta the hole all these blebs of amalgum came out with the dirt...
Dont ya just love finding tins and jars burried, they always get my heart crankin i can tell ya Razz
You coming over this year Ash ??

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Thu 28 Jun 2012, 9:56 am

Would be neat to see a pic, Ash

Your find is F-ing awesome hjjo I read somewhere Kalgoorlie in it's early stages had massive biotite, they didn't realise it contained gold??
and were using the biotite along with other waste rock to fill potholes down the main street :rolf:

I think you'l find in your example the gold was caught in the massive biotite as the country rock was shearing / folding.
"more of natures natural riffles" lwkgthgt

Cheers
Chris.
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

G'day Pete, Yes, We arrived here approx 3 weeks ago, Getting amongst the gold, I am hanging to find a jar or tin with gold sovereigns in it, That i reckon would be the pinnacle of detecting finds besides gold nuggets, Lucky enough to have found this tin with the gold laced biotite.
G'day Someday, This biotite, you cant mistake the gold between the leafs on some of the pieces. Will get to the pics in the next few days or so.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Sun 08 Jul 2012, 9:02 pm

G'day all, Finally got around to posting pics of my find, 1st pic is of the best bit of gold from the tin hoard, weighs in at 41.1g, about 5cm long &about 2.5cm across the base in a cone shape 2nd photo is of the tin hoard of the best pieces, over 64 grams with more smaller gold to sort, 3rd photo is the remnants of the tin ( lid ) Found mine shafts in the area that have boitite in them so can only assume the Tin Hoard came from one of them, Can only wonder at the story behind who & why the tin hoard was still there for me to find ?
[url=https://servimg.com/view/16195534/35][url=https://servimg.com/view/16195534/36]Gold in Biotite ?   NOW WITH PICS ! Tin_ho11Gold in Biotite ?   NOW WITH PICS ! Tin_ho10[/url]Gold in Biotite ?   NOW WITH PICS ! Tin_li11[/url]
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2012, 9:34 pm

Very lovely and very rare no doubt Ashley Wink
Thanks for sharing mate its unreal gold.

Would also be nice to know a bit of history about the tin it was stashed in.
My guess is it was nicked and stashed by one of the shaft workers and for
some reason was lost or never retrieved due to illness or arrest haha..

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down