Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more of the yella stuff

5 posters

Go down

more of the yella stuff Empty more of the yella stuff

Post by snapper Fri 22 Jun 2012, 5:43 pm

more of the yella stuff Img_0311

.G,day all, early june was spent at a few spots nth of laverton digging up just a few nuggets on their own since my first patch in late may and june of 102 nuggets of just over 2 ounces, the weather started to turn bad and up here and they close the roads so i returned to town, after a couple of days in the c/park i decided to leave but stay close to town and found a good camp spot on an old gold field, i had a detect in the arvo and dug 2 small nuggets, over the next 8 days i dug 71 nuggets for 26 grams on this one patch, i dug 2 nuggets out of old unfilled detector holes, i found the first 8 nuggets with the 24"x12" nf then put the 11" commander on, after going over the area the 11" was playing up again untill after lunch one day it just started to sceam non stop so its now on its way back to minelab for the second time, so far i had 50 nuggets, just as this happened i ran into some great fellas out there who lent me a 14" solid nf and over the next few days went back over the same gound chaining as i went but at a different direction and dug another 21 nuggets that the 11" missed as it was so noisy,i was so impressed with this 14" coil that i have already got one on order and its not much heavier than the 11", on this patch were many old holes some filled some not some old some new so i think a few different detectors have had a go but i would say none had the 5,000 or they would have cleaned up before i got there. Stu.

snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

more of the yella stuff Empty Re: more of the yella stuff

Post by Someday Fri 22 Jun 2012, 6:05 pm

Congrats Stu, nice collection mate cheers

Shame about the 11" sh@ten itself, nuffen worst then haven tu walk the walk twice jkihyig

Cheers
Chris.
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 6:52 pm

Nice collection Stu and shows Laverton is now THE area to go too. Always has been really.
Question, how far north did you go ?

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Fri 22 Jun 2012, 6:58 pm

Nice gold Stu, I wish I was over there ! Very Happy

Cheers,
Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Fri 22 Jun 2012, 7:28 pm

congrats mate, i too just ordered a 14" NF after spending time in laverton
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 7:40 pm

Hey Stu good tectin man, some nice colour there mate.
How did ya go at that other spot i told ya bout ?? end up
gettin there ??

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:53 pm

thanks fellas for the congrats, yer Pete i spent 4 days over there and got a nugget about .3 the first day but nothing after that, bumped into a couple of fellas and one of them dug a nice nugget but that was all, Rick come on over theres plenty of room over here and so much ground to cover, goldbait i was very impressed with the 14" nf and people i talk to agree over here the nf coils are goin pretty dam good,
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down