Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to find GOLD--luck or research

2 posters

Go down

How to find GOLD--luck or research Empty How to find GOLD--luck or research

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 6:40 pm

I suppose there are 3 groups out there trying to find gold--
1) The Prospector--those who continually find gold-do research -check out Geo maps and Topo maps
2) the Detectorer--those with half a brain--plan a holiday and go to the regular areas
3) the bloody Hopeless--(I'm being kind)--absolute amaturers--these live in hope of finding something--sometimes they do but the majority dont have a bloody idea on what to look for or where to go to heighten their chances of finding gold.

If u r in the bottom group then u need to ask the right questions and go on a tag along tour to learn more about this trade..

I'm not sprookin --I'm just trying to lift the bar for those who want to find the color of dreams..
I reckon gold will hit $2000 an ounce and more and more will head bush on a wing and a prayer...

There are more groups we could add but I will keep it simple

regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

How to find GOLD--luck or research Empty Re: How to find GOLD--luck or research

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 6:57 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

WWaaaaaaa. I fall intu all 3 of those Sad '

HaHa Just kidden! no 3 for me Razz
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by koeh Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:55 pm

I am a bit of both 1 and 3, the problem is there is only 3 known quartz reefs near me that have gold, 650 ironstone outcrops and only 130 odd that have been mined (known gold producing) so far there is only a handful of ironstone outcrops that I have found produce nuggets and not very big ones either.

koeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm

Ironstone is the mother of gold, more found in iron than Quartz.
The old Cornish miners had a saying "below every iron hat is a head of gold"..
But Quartz n Iron arnt the only rocks associated with gold, also Porphyry,Slates, Jasper,travatine,Schist's, Granite, Greenstone, Amphibolites, Conglomerates, etc to name a few.
www.geology.com will show plenty of rock types gold loves.

Pete Cool
PS and females tend to attract gold bearing blokes. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 4:56 am

What about #4?

The smartar$e armchair detectorists who like nothing better than bagging everything about Minelab and Minelab users!

MORONS!!! How to find GOLD--luck or research 729094268 spank jhgigfif

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:36 am

i agree Robert

Why do these morons bash the livin shit out of successfull technological australian products...
then there is the other bunch waiting for the next release of tector---for shit sake --get over it..
if u havent mastered the controls of a 45 or 5k then theres no hope for anyone.
Best of all these there are people out there who keep upgrading for the sake of lady luck--

ironstone in WA is parramount with laterite soils always a heart throb--i agree pete most are in association and usually not more than a couple of 100m away from each other..

regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:50 pm

I try to mix things up abit,but there arent alot of Virgin Patches left in NSW to be had.
Sometimes I will find a good run or 2 adjacent to the diggings,or luck onto a few floaters coming off a reef on a different line to the Alluvial workings.
I just have to work smarter and read the ground better than the last lot of #3 detector swingers that flogged the joint.
A virgin patch is a good buzz either way,even if its only 50 mtrs from where the old blokes gave up. kwdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 2:44 pm

ITS a relief the old timers didnt have detectors coz there would jack all left today..

regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by koeh Thu 21 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:Ironstone is the mother of gold, more found in iron than Quartz.
The old Cornish miners had a saying "below every iron hat is a head of gold"..
But Quartz n Iron arnt the only rocks associated with gold, also Porphyry,Slates, Jasper,travatine,Schist's, Granite, Greenstone, Amphibolites, Conglomerates, etc to name a few.
www.geology.com will show plenty of rock types gold loves.

Pete Cool
PS and females tend to attract gold bearing blokes. Razz

I hear what you are saying, there was a mine here that went 10oz's per tonne in ironstone, I have noticed alot of jasper around certain mines aswell, I know of a couple of places that have Porphyry intrusions near quartz reefs I know one of them has alluvial nuggets have not been to the others to check them out.
I actually found a small granite pebble with gold in it on our local golf course when I was teeing off.
I really like the look of gold in ironstone the contrast of the two colours looks heaps better than quartz.
Cheers for the link Pete

koeh

koeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum