Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest Nugget you've physically held

+7
Biggest Kev
Bignuggs
Someday
Woteva
snapper
oldies1955
Goldbait
11 posters

Go down

Biggest Nugget you've physically held Empty Biggest Nugget you've physically held

Post by Goldbait Sun 10 Jun 2012, 10:30 pm

Ok, here is one for you gold nuts out there.

What is the biggest gold nugget you have physically held in your hands.

Mine was just shy of 26oz (specimen). Not allowed to post pics, but bignuggs can confirm as he has seen the photo.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Biggest Nugget you've physically held Empty Re: Biggest Nugget you've physically held

Post by oldies1955 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 3:38 am

I dredged up a 3 oz. solid nugget around 1982 in Arizona. Dad bought it from me and still has it. :)
I cant seem to post the pic.....dern it!
Tom H

oldies1955

Back to top Go down

Biggest Nugget you've physically held Empty Re: Biggest Nugget you've physically held

Post by oldies1955 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 3:45 am

Hopefully this works....

Biggest Nugget you've physically held Mother10

oldies1955

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:35 am

g,day, i was in the coiltec shop in maryborough earlyer this year and a fella walks in with a 6 ounce nug found local cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jun 2012, 10:14 am

1.3 kilo gold/Qrtz specie with just over 1kg of gold in it

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Mon 11 Jun 2012, 11:08 am

About four years ago travelling up in the Murchison (to protect the owners id will not say where)was shown and able to hold a 26oz beauty plus a few other bits and pieces. It was this experience that got me into this great hobby. The biggest piece I have found myself todate is 8.4gm.found on a recent trip out.

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Mon 11 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

Back in Ravensthorpe, after fixen this couples old F100, they produced from there van a mammoth collection of nuggets they'd found in the area! biggest was 13 ounce's, but they had so many Biggest Nugget you've physically held 3273188554 Biggest Nugget you've physically held 3273188554 Biggest Nugget you've physically held 3273188554 Biggest Nugget you've physically held 4066623196 Biggest Nugget you've physically held 4066623196 Biggest Nugget you've physically held 4066623196 Biggest Nugget you've physically held 3273188554 Biggest Nugget you've physically held 4066623196

Both were swingen SD2100's

Sigh Biggest Nugget you've physically held 4066623196 Biggest Nugget you've physically held 4066623196

Cheers
Chris.
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 11 Jun 2012, 6:56 pm

The biggest for me was 13 fluid ounces with a ring pull :rolf:

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jun 2012, 7:22 pm

mate came into the workshop with a 10 oz piece--
straight from the Perth Mint.---pure GOLD--and stamped..

Only as big as your thumb--but still bloody nice..

regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:18 pm

9 1/4 oz from near Dunolly 3 months after I started detecting.

Biggest Nugget you've physically held 14052012002

Cheers, Fishberley.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:56 pm

Nice slug FB, typical lookin dunolly gold. Very Happy
I too once held a nice slug but now i'm 51 it s gone :rolf: kwdf

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Tue 12 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

Biggest piece of gold I ever had in the palm of me hand (haha lol) was a tad over 4 oz found by a bloke that lives near Paynes Find.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Tue 12 Jun 2012, 7:58 pm

[img][/img]
Attachments
Biggest Nugget you've physically held Attachment
30kg nugget from Mt Monger.jpg Check this out.You don't have permission to download attachments.(27 Kb) Downloaded 50 times
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:06 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:
I too once held a nice slug but now i'm 51 it s gone :rolf: kwdf

Pete

You too mate....
When I was 21 I used to sport a sea cucumber but now its just the Garden Variety slug tongue Razz

A few years back I met a bloke who had jars of the good stuff. In one big old Coffee jar,he had a load of chunks between 6-10 Oz. All clean,waterworn slugs as well.

Back to top Go down

Biggest Nugget you've physically held Empty re biggest nugget held

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 4:09 pm

hey that 30kg chunk would pay a few bills and buy a couple brews any off that left???? What a Face Biggest Nugget you've physically held 452991977
any info when that was found???

Back to top Go down

Post by fencejumper Wed 13 Jun 2012, 4:54 pm

Biggest Kev wrote:[img
Attachments
30kg nugget from Mt Monger.jpg
Check this out.
(27 Kb) Downloaded 23 times.][/img]

has the real story behind this 30 kg nugget came out yet?

from memory it was taken from the original finder...was it not?

to keep on subject though..a couple of good piece's i have had a look at are..
1 kg clean nugget from nt
and a specie with 70 oz of the good stuff in it.. from vic

cheers fencejumper
fencejumper
fencejumper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:28 pm

The story behind that so called 30kg is it was a photoshoped fake photo.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns Mob Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:34 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:The story behind that so called 30kg is it was a photoshoped fake photo.

Pete

I don't think it was 30kg, I googled it and it appears this Ausrox nugget may be it

http://museumvictoria.com.au/melbournemuseum/discoverycentre/dynamic-earth/overview/ores-and-mining/gold/

Burns Mob

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:43 pm

Rumour mill in Kalgoorlie is spewing out goss about a 29kg nuggie been found out Feysville way recently. Anyone else heard about it?
My largest was my 3 ouncer i found last year.

Last edited by hoolahoopa on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to say my largest nugget held)

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Biggest Nugget you've physically held Empty Linney's in Broome

Post by MorryLorry Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

Next time you're in Broome, drop in to Linney's and in the counter on the right-hand side is a 3/4 palm sized nugget the owner bought off a young chap - biggest nugget found in Hall's creek supposedly...

Better than a pink diamond any day. Could have taken out Goliath this thing. Such a pleasure to hold in the hand.

Ask to hold it, gets the blood goin!

MorryLorry

MorryLorry

Back to top Go down

Post by fencejumper Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:31 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:The story behind that so called 30kg is it was a photoshoped fake photo.

Pete

are you sure pete???

the person who first put it up has a pretty good rep....
i've never known them to muck around with crap like fake photo's and lies... scratch

fencejumper
fencejumper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:51 pm

fencejumper wrote:

Pete

are you sure pete???

the person who first put it up has a pretty good rep....
i've never known them to muck around with crap like fake photo's and lies... scratch

Just goin on the most popular story over here, some say its from nth of cooly others say NT
But ive always reckoned it looks fake IMO.
Could be wrong but i bet i'm not..
Ya just cant keep something like that size secret, like the big nugget that was apparently found
in USA last year and all that was BS too, it was an ozzie nugget..

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum