Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trip report

+3
Someday
Bignuggs
Flying kiwi
7 posters

Go down

trip report Empty trip report

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:26 am

got away for the weekend up Que way.
Hired a GPX5000 for the misis to see if we could get her first nugget (also when she wasent looking have a sly play with the 5000 and see if it was any better than my 4500 Suspect )
anyway got away thirsday night and camped at Paynes Find that night - early start friday morning and at spot one by smoko (down hill from the old shaft few k past the windmill Wink ) managed to rig up the missis and get her swinging away, its a bit of a learning cuvre but with lots of tin cans to parctice on she picked it up pretty quick, I managed nine bits friday and 6 Sat, with Sheryl pinging a big fat Zero. :| all the time she was getting smaller and smaller bits of trash was doing everything right but not walking over anything.

trip report IMG_1870

anyway time for a change sunday morning packed up and went to spot 2 and old scrape (off to the right just before the windmill) after 2 hours Zip, pack up onto spot 3 again zip but sheryl was now pinging the tinyest bits of dozer chip and rust was only a matter of time unitll she got onto something, but the entusisasm was starting to waine with day 3 and no colour :| :|
onto spot 4 and setup camp for the night was working a small gully full of trash when I pinged a nice 4 grammer (the watch nugget on my youtube acc). left the missis to work the area and moved on down the gully so our machines would not interfare.
not long after got the call on the radio "got one!!" Razz Razz wandered back up and sure enough a nice little half grammer and a very happy girl. she then proceeded to pull two more out of the patch for about 3 grams.
next morning she pulled two more sub grammers of the spot befoer deciding it was done enough to let me have a go.
The first nugget i got the day before was only about 3m up from the edge of a little creek bed with all the others coming out bellow the first peice and the creek in a strip only about 4 m wide. anyway after backfilling all the holes went over the area one last time and got a faint target right were the spoil heap had been from my first hole happy days!!.
dug down about 8 inches and it was screeming but was into soild rock, was real purply black stuff. anyway managed to chip out a peice about 2 gramms, could get no more signals so backfilled the hole marked it on my GPS and headed for home. will get back there sometime and dig up the leader and see what else i can find, might even be worth runing the dirt from the patch throght a small dryblower for sh#ts and giggles

anyway was a good weekend had by all Cool and she recons she might come again some time Very Happy
final tally 20grams

trip report IMG_1899
trip report IMG_1896
final tally

trip report IMG_1895
the ones off the patch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I put a stack more vids on You tube if ya want ta have a squiz here is the link
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

enjoy

cheers Tom Cool

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

trip report Empty Re: trip report

Post by Bignuggs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:26 am

Nice pieces. Looks like you both had a good time but watch out for the Mrs and the 5000, she might have you digging the holes while you watch her find the gold Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:08 am

Perfect long weekender, Well done Tom & Sheryl, some great gold and maybe
a new tectin partner thrown in ay.

Pete

Back to top Go down

trip report Empty trip report

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:11 pm

Well done Tom and Sheryl!
Liked the rumble of the Brunswick in ya Tojo, am envious
Will post a photo of my finds later
Regards Goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:43 pm

Sorry Tom

But forgot to say, great Report mate cheers
Really got the juices flowin gpost
but now i'm bummed out
cause i cant get out and the 5k is winking at me sayin - :...: "come on big boy feel me up"
trip report 452991977 trip report 452991977 Perhaps just one touch then ay spank bad tecta spank bad bad tecta spank spank spank

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Wed 06 Jun 2012, 5:47 pm

Nice summery of a great time out Tom. cheers

Is yu miss's back intu normal mode yet or does the gold word an locations keep popping up Razz

Good gold tu boot Very Happy

Cheers
Chris.
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:17 pm

Paynes Find is a general area. There's a lot of good ground to search in every direction. Just hope the pub got their license back :rolf:
And I hope they have cleaned up the caravan park section.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:33 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Paynes Find is a general area. There's a lot of good ground to search in every direction. Just hope the pub got their license back :rolf:
And I hope they have cleaned up the caravan park section.

I can think of a great way to clean up Paynes find, farkin great big D9/10 and push
the lot into the pit across the RD........... ;xs;sp Giggety Giggety Done. Alrighhhht!

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:46 pm

Nice work you two. wegr Gotta be more where that came from.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:02 pm

Hi Pete. About Paynes, see Byron . He has [or used to have ] the best alluvial block there is in Paynes Find. Busy Fella in qld last i heard. Cut a deal with him .Good Bloke. albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:06 pm

Bloody hell Tom, you guys did well 20 grams geesus. When we going?
Missus and I are heading up to Magnet on next break taking the camper staying 4 nights will let you know how we go.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:32 pm

Cheers Albo PM sent mate Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebreed Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

Nice one mate,
You guys did a lot better then my long weekend trip out to Coolgardie, I knew i should have followed that silver landcruiser north Razz

Cheers for the read and well done.

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:55 am

cheers guys was a blast Cool and good fun just to be in the bush, turns out I can cook a half decent damper who would have known

Good luck at magnet Kev give her hell Razz

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:34 pm

Great trip report kiwi and good slugs as well. kwdf

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content