Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kalgoorlie's 110-year-old Golden Eagle hotel burnt down

4 posters

Go down

Kalgoorlie's 110-year-old Golden Eagle hotel burnt down  Empty Kalgoorlie's 110-year-old Golden Eagle hotel burnt down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 9:21 am

What a trajic end to some of WA's major gold history

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/kalgoorlies-100-year-old-golden-eagle-hotel-burnt-down/story-e6frg13u-1226349446974

Back to top Go down

Kalgoorlie's 110-year-old Golden Eagle hotel burnt down  Empty Re: Kalgoorlie's 110-year-old Golden Eagle hotel burnt down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 08 May 2012, 6:15 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if some prick set fire to it. I haven't been in it for donkeys years but it was a nice pub to have a quiet drink. No skimpies and no dickheads. Except for me doin a pub crawl :rolf: drunken drunken
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Kalgoorlie's 110-year-old Golden Eagle hotel burnt down  Empty Re: Kalgoorlie's 110-year-old Golden Eagle hotel burnt down

Post by oldies1955 Wed 09 May 2012, 4:41 pm

Jez!
We just had one tonight too here in AZ.
The area of Prescott Arizona was a VERY rich area in the mid to late 1800s
Whiskey row was all bars and whore houses. It burnt in the 1800s and was rebuilt....now one of the oldest more famous bars burnt again.
Dern...
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/05/08/20120508prescott-fire-whiskey-row-businesses-abrk.html
Tom H.

oldies1955

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 5:24 pm

What a shame Tom, a great part of Prescott's gold rush history gone just like the Golden eagle
hotel, never to be replaced again.

The only comfort i draw from these two fires is, at least they didnt end up as Doof Doof Gay Disco's Razz Razz
The old blokes would be turning in their graves..

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Sat 12 May 2012, 4:13 pm

Paddy Hannans ghost would have been really pissed about that. Wonder where he will drink now?
Panther
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 12 May 2012, 4:29 pm

Paddy will be at the Federal havin a pint or 2 asking the skimpies for a flash :rolf:
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Sat 12 May 2012, 5:21 pm

No Bignuggs, I reckon he could sneak into the unchanging room being a spook.
Panther
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 12 May 2012, 6:45 pm

Paddy was a gentleman, he would never sneak into a ladies dressing room

"Yes I would"

"who said that"

"I did"

"who's I"

"it's me Paddy, and they is lovely, not as lovely as me gold but they is lovely" Kalgoorlie's 110-year-old Golden Eagle hotel burnt down  3273188554 Razz
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 May 2012, 7:38 pm

O my god Paddy lives in Cliff's Fridge Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 12 May 2012, 7:40 pm

The voices are coming out of an empty bundy bottle :rolf:
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 May 2012, 7:54 pm

Heh! Rolling Eyes Thats bloody situation normal for me :rolf:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 12 May 2012, 8:27 pm

If I hold the neck of the empty up to my ear, I can hear the ocean. Paddy is at the beach having a dorky :rolf:
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Sun 13 May 2012, 9:20 am

If they see you holding a bottle up to your ear, they may stop serving you any more drinks. clown
Panther
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Sun 13 May 2012, 3:22 pm

This pub had a bit of earthquake damage and was like almost 100% of old pubs[ or any buildings etc ] in dispute as to it's future , it burnt down and settled all arguments ...The Peninsula in Mandurah comes to mind ,,..What are the odds :?:

Wally

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 13 May 2012, 4:18 pm

The Pen was a popular place to go on a Sunday arvo after doing some crabbing. It was prime real estate and a person or persons unknown knew how to play with matches. But I shouldn't say that, it's libelous.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down