Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

laverton gold

5 posters

Go down

laverton gold Empty laverton gold

Post by snapper Sat 05 May 2012, 4:07 pm

g,day all, just spent 2 weeks detecting around laverton and found a patch that produced 82 nuggets wieghing 52 grams with the largest being 6.2 grams, the area i covered was about 2 acres in size and i also found 3 nuggets sunbaking which i didnt think would happen so quick as ive only been in WA for 3 weeks, i also had a run in with a crazy brumby which wanted me off his turf and he also charged at me at which time i filled my pants affraid as you could imagine it was difficult to keep my head down to detect for the rest of the day as i was constantly scanning for him to return, seen some great sunrises and will be going back for another detect early next week, cheers Stu
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]laverton gold Img_0114u/f47/17/17/80/81/img_0018.jpg[/img][/urlaverton gold Img_0019l]
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

laverton gold Empty Re: laverton gold

Post by rc62burke Sat 05 May 2012, 4:20 pm

Hi Snapper
Nice nuggets well done that lot would have kept you interested for sure, what size coil did you go over that area with?
cheers & good luck on your return
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sat 05 May 2012, 4:35 pm

hi Lee, i found this patch with the 24x12" nf then put it away then i went over it with the 11"commander and then again with the 18" commander, all gold after i put the 24x12 away was found with the 11", and was very shallow even just sitting there waiting to be picked up, i didnt pick any gold deep with the 18" although i dug a hole about 18" deep and hit hard clay only to see an old drill hole with a coke can shoved down it a futhar 18" so i know the big coil will do the job if theres any deep gold cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Sat 05 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Hi Stu
Thanks for that info, I just noticed that in your avatar you have a 8x6 NF I would be very interested to see what you can pick up of this patch with this coil, good luck now it's time to extend your patch.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Sat 05 May 2012, 5:06 pm

Congrats Stu, all nice looken gold. keepem coming mate, an may the bigger chunks be in next weeks finds Very Happy

Cheers
Chris.
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Sat 05 May 2012, 6:51 pm

Hi Stu,

What a nice lot of gold, great to find a patch these days.Its getting harder and harder. Mine all seem to be 1 or 2 then off to search fior more.

Good to see the bigger coil was used, too many running around with 6 " coils picking up fly Shite.

Have a great time , hope you find more, lots more

madmax800 l;wfh
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 May 2012, 7:06 am

Good work Stu. Always nice to hear someone's hit a patch.
Now... go find the next one!

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 06 May 2012, 12:19 pm

Nice haul of gold. Laverton is definitely the area these days. Shame you didn't get some video of the horse, it would have been interesting to watch.

cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum