Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Patch 1000+ oz

+2
AussieAU
Flying kiwi
6 posters

Go down

Super Patch 1000+ oz Empty Super Patch 1000+ oz

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:11 pm

fellow westies

have not been in the game long but figure those that have can flesh this out a bit.

As we never get all the gold the first time with erosion exposing new ground and technical advances alowing us to punch deeper on smaller nuggs previously discovered and cleaned out areas will continue to produce,
what i am wondering are there many areas that have offered up the goods on a massive scale 1000+ oz and as time goes by will continue too? :?:

here are two I know of

Just out of town in Karratha a 1000+oz patch was found in 2008, have had a look there but was three years to late.

Another I have heard of was the super patch aprox 100km north of Meeka that JP and others got on to
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Super Patch 1000+ oz Empty Re: Super Patch 1000+ oz

Post by AussieAU Thu 01 Dec 2011, 6:05 am

Flying kiwi wrote:.................................Just out of town in Karratha a 1000+oz patch was found in 2008, have had a look there but was three years to late...................................

Hi Flying kiwi

The December Gold Gem & Treasure magazine has a story on the Karratha patch, most interesting reading.

Ah wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 8:05 am

ahh the good old days

time will wait for nobody

there is gold out there somewhere its just nobody has walked over it--

this year i recomend that u do more swinging than driving looking for that reef somewere.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Waypoint Thu 20 Feb 2014, 1:56 pm

I'm with you on that one Oneday all our patchs are found by walking days on end all the easy stuff is long gone.

Waypoint.
Waypoint
Waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Porter Thu 20 Feb 2014, 3:01 pm

I missed out on the super patch, got within 3 or 4 K of it back in the day but never pushed out that far. When it was in full swing I went the other way to get away from the hoards and did OK.

JP

Jonathan Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara snapper Thu 20 Feb 2014, 7:26 pm

I was taken to a 1000 oz patch north of Karratha about 4yrs back, it was very remote and on the side of a boring looking hill and not much bigger than a front garden. The ground was all red/brown rock soooooo common in the pilbara and I likely would not have even check it with my bipper. The crew that found it were on quads and in a different league than me that's for sure affraid 
My mate that took me there is a gun prospector and had followed the tyre tracks for miles and came across the finders digging like crazy and holding bags of gold, he told me that his detector would be humming as he walked near the patch and then go crazy when on it and then after 3 or4 steps would be humming again....they were so lucky to walk over that patch.

I have also seen photos of a 120oz solid slug that looks like a salami, it was found by a mate who is in his seventies and prospects on a quad and nearly always alone, he found that about five years back and saw it sticking out of the ground ! About twenty feet from the slug were two empty fresh beer cans and after spending a week in the area he didn't find one more piece of gold
Snapper

pilbara snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 8:00 pm

yeah mate that 1000oz patch is Burnies Patch about 5 ks down the access road--we are dry blowing on that same area and yes the area gave up a lot of gold..the biggest was a 20oz piece and a couple of 10-15 oz pieces...

I only found the crumbs..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara snapper Fri 21 Feb 2014, 9:57 am

Hi Ray,
The 1000oz patch I'm talking about is not burnies,it's half way to Hedland and remote.
It was found and dug out very quickly and the finders are still laughing all the way to the bank, we named it the quad patch.

I was working burnies patch while it was still little known and found gold right on your dry blowing area, then the word got out and it was hard to get a parking spot.

It's amassing that burnies patch was not found earlier and I bet the guy that had the gold prospecting lease on the western side of the patch is still kicking himself for missing it.
My Karratha mate and his dad had detected all around the area but never crossed the rail line and also missed the patch so you would have to think there are more rich patches still to be found

Snapper

pilbara snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:22 pm

pilbara snapper wrote:Hi Ray,
The 1000oz patch I'm talking about is not burnies,it's half way to Hedland and remote.
It was found and dug out very quickly and the finders are still laughing all the way to the bank, we named it the quad patch.

I was working burnies patch while it was still little known and found gold right on your dry blowing area, then the word got out and it was hard to get a parking spot.

It's amassing that burnies patch was not found earlier and I bet the guy that had the gold prospecting lease on the western side of the patch is still kicking himself for missing it.
My Karratha mate and his dad had detected all around the area but never crossed the rail line and also missed the patch so you would have to think there are more rich patches still to be found

Snapper

A 1000 oz patch between K-town and Hedland hey-never heard about that one before, would love to know a bit more about that one  wegr . Im sure there are more big patches up this way-so much good looking ground and so few people.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down