Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallipoli anniversary could divide Australia, Federal Government warned

2 posters

Go down

Gallipoli anniversary could divide Australia, Federal Government warned Empty Gallipoli anniversary could divide Australia, Federal Government warned

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:12 am

THE Federal Government has been warned that celebrating the centenary of Anzac Day could provoke division in multicultural Australia - and told there were "risks" in honouring our fallen soldiers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/gallipoli-anniversary-could-divide-australia-federal-government-warned/story-fn7x8me2-1226309694960

cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Gallipoli anniversary could divide Australia, Federal Government warned Empty Re: Gallipoli anniversary could divide Australia, Federal Government warned

Post by golden Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:12 pm

It has already divided Collingwood and Essendon fans for years.

Back to top Go down

Gallipoli anniversary could divide Australia, Federal Government warned Empty Re: Gallipoli anniversary could divide Australia, Federal Government warned

Post by Makaw Mon 26 Mar 2012, 1:25 pm

If they dont like it f##k OFF... Its that simple....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

i'll 2nd that mate... one way to fix this Paulien Hanson give her the rights to do what she wonted to do ages ago....everyone laughed at her, i bet most off them would be thinking why didn't we vote for her now...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Mon 26 Mar 2012, 5:17 pm

I didnt read the article , but i guess the people who have migrated here are winging about us celebrating the fallen soldiers of our fathers or family...
Pass the hat around and send em back.. Its a brilliant country, just the way it is...
I am not against people migrating here, just dont farkin winge when u get here...
And all Aussies have the right to say what they want. And you know why? because those guys died for that freedom...
Enough said b4 i a labled a racist by some yarn knitter...
BTW all of my family migrated here, and not one of them would winge about Australias past history...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm

My family came to this country in 1834, to start a better life, not whinge about what we don't get given....it seems if you are white and Australian you are doomed Very Happy

Like has been said, no new (so called) Australian is going to change what happened and our ancestors fought for our freedom, I sure has hell will fight to keep it too.
If these people who are upset about it are "Australians" they would have nothing to complain about, would they.

Too bad they are not like E.T Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:29 pm

let not turn this into a racist argument,

but

in the uk where I am from it must be hard for Germans, when we effectively go well done you killed a lot of Germans with remembrance's parades about the 2nd world war. Of course now they have more recent relevance with iraq and afgan but still!

the focus should not be the conflict but that the persons served their county , all the people which serve the uk normal and special forces are not all of original English origin. And this stands true with all armed forces in the world.

the most important thing is serving your country what ever race you are. and hopefully the people which are living here in australia (regardless of race) should stand up for the country they live in. thats it .

just my opinion

please do not turn this into a racist thread,

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:44 pm

Shut up Whitey! :rolf: :rolf:

Yeah i agree Sam gpost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:46 pm

lol no dramas , grin haha

hope your all good btw , and im smashing sales out at work so im chillled haha (thus why im posting at work because im going if you dont like it tough hah)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down