Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrub worms?

2 posters

Go down

Scrub worms? Empty Scrub worms?

Post by maladjusted Fri 23 Mar 2012, 7:19 am

OK ladies and gents, I know this is what I get for not detecting in WA..... jkihyig

But I have to ask if anyone else has had any issues such as the one I came across yesterday. scratch

Out detecting for the first time in months (own fault....), right on the NSW/Vic border below the Monaro country. Pretty hilly and in an area surrounded by granites. Area has a sporadic history of gold finds and thought I'd poke around a bit. Found a spot with good bedrock and lots of quartz reefs shedding broken, fractured angular stuff everywhere....lots of pink quartz but no really dirty quartz. Found a section of reef top and worked my way gradually down and along the slope until I hit a shallow gully. Did a bit along the gully as well. When I was working down into some deeper soils, I started to get some clear but slightly drawn out signals (using the 5000 with 11" DD). Each time I got into it with the pick, I saw that the soil was very damp. In each instance I found I was uncovering the biggest scrub worms I've ever come across.....they were easily 8 inches and longer without being stretched. Each was easily thicker than my index finger. Multiple signals resulted in multiple worms Suspect ....and yes, out of curiosity I did put a couple across the coil Embarassed ....no, they didn't give a signal 🇳🇴 .

Has anyone come across this before?

maladjusted

Back to top Go down

Scrub worms? Empty Re: Scrub worms?

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2012, 7:35 am

Bloody good way to collect some bait Very Happy
this has all the makings for a dirty joke but i'll resist tho its bloody hard to Razz
There was this bloke, an 8 incher and a wet patch Shocked Shocked No No must resist jkihyig Razz Razz

Never come across it myself, the signal would have been caused by the sudden change in conductivity
increase in the damp ground from the surrounding dry ground.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shivan Fri 23 Mar 2012, 7:57 am

Seen some monster leeches while detecting down south coast NSW, so big and so many that i grabbed my detector and ran Embarassed But have not come across any monster worms as yet but i think i would prefer the worms over the leeches scratch cheers
Shivan
Shivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down