Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WA Goldfields

Go down

WA Goldfields Empty WA Goldfields

Post by madmax800 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:29 pm

Hi All, I have been a member of this forum for years.
I am living in Adelaide but have notices posts on this site are few and far between, can I ask why.

cheers
madmax800
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

WA Goldfields Empty Re: WA Goldfields

Post by Topcat on Mon 23 Dec 2019, 6:19 am

I think you will find a lot of forums these days are dead as members have moved over to other sites such as Facebook & Instagram. Only the the few loyal members post here every now & them.
I have the same issue with my Forum over at https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/gold_detecting/

Last edited by Topcat on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ted

HAVE WHEELS WILL TRAVEL
WA Goldfields Signature
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook on Tue 24 Dec 2019, 6:37 am

Yes, MM....like Ted I have been a member here since the forum started in 2011 and as you say, have noticed how postings have fallen away.

I look in here most days hoping to see a good yarn where someone has planned an interesting gold trip (no X marks the spot needed), discovered some long hidden relic in the scrub or just some general comment on "how things are in general".

To me, the "how things are in general" is a part key to it. My observation is that "in general", things are very quiet.
Wages are stagnant, less money is being spent on outdoor/leisure activities and a lot of the older self funded are feeling the pinch through interest rate cuts. The RBA says there is no inflation......well, they obviously don't see the increases in my food costs, fuel, power and general rates escalation. Oh no....that's not inflation...its CPI.

So if there is no indexation to my income....what is CPI other than inflation?
(does the 40e increase fit in there somewhere?)

On the other side, possibly the fact that most areas close to such towns as Coolgardie, Kal., Leonora, Cue, Meekatharra have taken such a flogging that its almost impossible to pick up a speck, particularly since the introduction of the sdc2300. Perhaps a few feel they no longer have much to contribute. (maybe I fit that category?)

Many prospectors are not equipped for remote and isolated camping which is becoming more necessary for detecting success. We like the areas out the back of Halls Creek where the solitude is great but one needs to be self sufficient.

Myself, I don't do facebook but Chris has it so I do use it to look at the APLA site which does have regular updates.

Bit of a rant, but here's hoping that all on DWAG (thanks Cliff, my cap still gets regular use!) has a Very Happy Christmas and that the forum has a good boost in 2020
Mike

boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 24 Dec 2019, 12:21 pm

Things have been quiet for a long time. I admit I don't post much anymore, I haven't been out for over 2 years so, I don't have much to say.
But, having said that, it's up to the forum members for posts or stories and photo's. The Forum managers are not the be all and end all of this site.
You will probably have noticed by now, that I haven't produced a Forum Xmas video. The answer is simple, there were bugger pics of gold finds for 2019.
So I'll end with this, The Forum Management wish everyone a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year for 2020.
Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Hopperite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 on Tue 24 Dec 2019, 12:57 pm

Cheers Cliff,
Merry Xmas and Happy New year to you and all other members of the forum.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrubby on Tue 24 Dec 2019, 6:07 pm

Wishing all Members and others a very Merry Christmas.

And Cliff , Old Mate, if you stick around until after the next Muster us Victorians will provide you with plenty of Stories and Photos for your next Christmas Video .

xm2 hohoho

Scrubby.

Scrubby

Back to top Go down

WA Goldfields Empty Shame

Post by smoky on Tue 08 Dec 2020, 6:11 am

Yes, it's a shame Facebook and such have taken over, but these forums are a much better place to discuss areas and such and general banter about gold and relic prospecting.

On another note, now the Canovirus is allowing movement, I'm heading down to Vic in March 2021 for a 2 week prospecting in the golden triangle, and in 2022 May-August in WA prospecting. Just need to get my knees sorted and some pain relief and I'm off and enjoying the bush and swinging a detector, panning and sluicing as well.

All the very best for Christmas 2020 and hope all have a much better year in 2021. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum