Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Range Fuel Tanks

Go down

Long Range Fuel Tanks Empty Long Range Fuel Tanks

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:21 pm

I'm needing some honest opinions on after market tanks.
I currently only have the  standard 75 litre steel tank and carry 2 x 20 litre cans with me but I wanna save some space in the back of the ute.
I'm seriously thinking of upgrading but what is the best for our corrugated gravel roads.
Is steel the best or the poly/plastic tanks.
Cheers

Last edited by Bignuggs on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake haha)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Long Range Fuel Tanks Empty Re: Long Range Fuel Tanks

Post by araratgold on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 7:12 am

Gidday Cliff,
I got one of these Brown Davis long range tanks fitted to my Triton, increases the useable fuel to 132 litres.
Done 2 big prospecting trips to WA with it already, can't fault them !
Cheers, Rick

https://www.browndavis.com.au/products.php?make=MITSUBISHI&model=TRITON&series=MQ%2B%282015-PRESENT%29
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by mark409 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 5:42 pm

Arvo cliff
I've got a 140 litre steel longranger from Arb in the Hilux for 5yrs and have done some serious scrub bashing in it ,still no dents in it.
Generally get about 900 to 1000km with it, towing the camper trailer .depending on speed of course.
Fuel gauge seems reasonable accurate as well. Can make Meeka from Perth no worries,
Also gives you the option of filling up where you want,
I never fill up in mt magnet if I can help it, Always seems about 10c a litre more than any where else.
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 6:49 am

I have always had steel long range tanks, but on my current ute have gone with poly tank. I have had issues with steel tanks cracking( from flexing) and when hung up on rock and trees can really reduce the carrying capability of ones tank. but steel tanks can be repair easily any where. With this Colorado I got a ploy tank from arb the main reason was because of the flexing of chassis in the duel cab utes, have been hung up twice on the tank and thought it stuffed now but no damage at all just a few gouges and the big dent in the tank while hung up just popped out once of the rock. I still worry about the poly tank when pushing track in the scrub so I still carry two jerry cans for back up.

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 04 Dec 2019, 9:05 pm

araratgold wrote:Gidday Cliff,
I got one of these Brown Davis long range tanks fitted to my Triton, increases the useable fuel to 132 litres.
Cheers, Rick

https://www.browndavis.com.au/products.php?make=MITSUBISHI&model=TRITON&series=MQ%2B%282015-PRESENT%29

Hi Rick
I had a quick look and seems they have a tank to fit but unless I'm going blind, I couldn't see if they are steel or poly/plastic.
but seems they have a tank that will fit right in and give 125L. which means no more stops at Wubin for toasted ham and cheese sangers lol!
I'll check out the price now.
Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer on Thu 05 Dec 2019, 6:50 am

Hi Cliff,
according to the more information button on their blurb sheet, the tanks are made of alloy coated steel.

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:54 am

Bignuggs wrote:
araratgold wrote:Gidday Cliff,
Cheers, Rick

Hi Rick
I had a quick look and seems they have a tank to fit but unless I'm going blind, I couldn't see if they are steel or poly/plastic.
but seems they have a tank that will fit right in and give 125L.  which means no more stops at Wubin for toasted ham and cheese sangers lol!
I'll check out the price now.
Cheers
Cliff

Gidday Cliff,

Definitely steel, they have a very good reputation.

Cheers, Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyhooks on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 11:55 am

Gooday rick are you in WA if so i have a 55L poli tank i had in my 2004 Navara duel cab it fits between the wheel gaurds, i am wanting $100 or there abouts it has done several trip to the pilbarra detecting etc, it has a 3/4 ball valve on the outlet i bought it a few years ago via Ebay, sold the Navara and new owner did not want it, now have a ford ranger with aux tank gives me 1100 km range, i live in Esperance but come to perth frequently.

rustyhooks

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 2:31 pm

rustyhooks wrote:Gooday rick are you in WA if so i have a 55L poli tank i had in my 2004 Navara duel cab it fits between the wheel gaurds, i am wanting $100 or there abouts it has done several trip to the pilbarra detecting etc, it has a 3/4 ball valve on the outlet i bought it a few years ago via Ebay, sold the Navara and new owner did not want it, now have a ford ranger with aux tank gives me 1100 km range, i live in Esperance but come to perth frequently.

Gidday rustyhooks,

Thanks, but I'm in Victoria and am not in the market for another tank.

Cheers, Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum