Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40E Permit Increase

Go down

40E Permit Increase Empty 40E Permit Increase

Post by Topcat on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 11:24 am

It is rumoured that DMIRS are increasing Section 40E permits from $25.00 each to $90.00 each as of July 1.
Haven't seen any confirmation from DMIRS at yet.

Cheers

Ted

Ted

HAVE WHEELS WILL TRAVEL
40E Permit Increase Signature
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

40E Permit Increase Empty Re: 40E Permit Increase

Post by Flouro on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 2:41 pm

Hi Topcat,

First of all that only gives me 6 more days to get a 40e in before the end of the season problem being is that i'm still at home pondering on where we can still extract some yellow from as it is getting extremely hard to find some yellow these days

We could justify the $25 for the section 40e's as we are self funded retiries in that our bank balance continually goes the wrong way, that is 0 income and it was doing the right thing, but as we usually get several 40e's per season and an increase to $90 per 40e that starts to get into serious money

If we were lucky we could pay for fuel and food for our trips but now with a possible increase to $90/40E it becomes a price gouging experience and takes all the fun out of prospecting for what's left

How do you seriously justify a price hike from $25 to $90 in one whack,nearly 400% price hike, obviously the madman/woman who "thought"of this is definetely not a detectorist

Someone must have the power to control this, this is just ludicrous and downright unaustralian

Cheers, Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 6:54 pm

Waiting to see what APLA has to say about this. just the Government looking at ways to increase their coffers.!!!!
According to APLA President Les Lowe it is going to happen so get in quick before the increase.!!! Mad Mad Mad
Code:

Last edited by Topcat on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 5:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Ted

HAVE WHEELS WILL TRAVEL
40E Permit Increase Signature
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 7:38 pm

The increase to $90 has been confirmed by APLA. Thank the WA government for the stupidity with no thought how it might impact detecting tourism or the small towns.

Cheers or maybe not

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

40E Permit Increase Empty Increase to $90

Post by Hopperite on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 8:21 am

How can they possibly justify that?

At best it is only a hobby for most.

Hopperite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 4:12 pm

Quite frankly, I am not surprised that DMIRS have increased the cost of the 40e, although I am staggered at the size of the increase.

Having just organised a couple of 40e’s, I did think that $25 would barely cover the DMIRS administrative costs.  Cost recovery is the name of the game in today’s economic climate.

Having said that, I have always thought that the requirement to obtain a 40e permit is a bit of bureaucratic red tape.  What difference does having a piece of paper really make when it comes to detecting on an exploration lease.  Let’s face it, where is the problem waving a little plastic disc on the end of a stick over a piece of dirt that has been baking in the sun since time began and that the mining company has not set foot on in years!

At the end of the day, I suppose those are the rules, and if you don’t agree with them, too bad.  Get out or accept the consequences!

NB
I would hasten to add that the 40e system was a hard fought concession negotiated by APLA and I believe most people are grateful for it.
Along with insurance indemnity and other concessions, APLA makes it possible for us to continue with our hobby.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinket on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 5:51 pm

DMIRS has issued over 13,000 Miners Rights over the past 3 years. Surely thats gotta go up from $25 sooner or later.
$90 for a 40E will make you think about it a bit more carefully. Half the time I dont even get out there after waiting the 21 days after lodgement.
Trinket
Trinket

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 7:01 pm

Hi Trinket,

13000 new miners rights equates to a lot of 40E's especially when you usually would have several in a season and this is not including the thousands of miners rights that already exist out there

I would think that the amount of 40E,s taken out each season would have replications so there work load would be less, trouble is we all load them up with work at the same time because of the season, poor bastards are worked to the bone for one month of the year

With a 40E we only have to notify our intensions to the station owner with the idea that they know where we are, why cant the EL holders get the same treatment and as for reporting our finds they should be held in the same regard as there own information that they glean out of there efforts on the leases

It never ceases to amaze me that what we chase in the way of gold has no bearing on what the big fella's chase...we dig up gold on the slopes and there digging a f**kin great hole way over on the flats....go figger,

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinket on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 7:20 pm

Hey Ron,
Yes the 40E's must put a fair work load on them when you consider how many Miners Rights are out there. Not to mention their follow-ups, they came around my house once asking how I went with access, finds etc...
And yes, I cant see how it helps the company who leases the ground as they are not interested in alluvial or sencondry.
Trinket
Trinket

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 8:56 am

Would be interesting to know how many off the 13000 are west aussies, interstate and overseas
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 9:56 pm

40E Permit Increase 9eacfd10
This is my daughter 1 of 3 the oldest, along with my wife all got miners rights a couple years ago my youngest was 5 when she got her miner right, I can’t imagine any of the three will be applying for 40e to soon
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 10:17 pm

My baby girl is as tall as me now and the attitude grew with her, but she’s still my baby girl and loves rock hunting
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Wed 26 Jun 2019, 7:58 am

my baby girl is 28 now and having our first grandchild. they grow so quickly Ty but will forever still be my little pumpkin.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Wed 26 Jun 2019, 12:27 pm

Hi Trinket,

Very interested in why they saw fit to pay you a visit at home, i wouldn't have thought that would be in their job description, maybe they do it different up your way and i have never heard of this being done before , so go figger on that one!!!!

Hi Hippity,

It's great when you can include family in the process , you just have to mention picking up $50 notes and their hooked for life

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinket on Wed 26 Jun 2019, 12:54 pm

Hi Ron,
I thought it was unusual that they would come to my residence to ask me a bunch of questions about my permit. They assured me it was standard procedure and they do this from time to time.
Now Im wondering if anyone else out there has had a visit from them?
Trinket
Trinket

Back to top Go down

40E Permit Increase Empty 40E Permit Increase

Post by Ian226 on Tue 02 Jul 2019, 7:37 pm

My two bobs worth.

I cannot see the justification in the price increase $25 to $90, and all those saying the workload increase is the cause then sit back a bit and think to how you are applying for your permit. I do mine on line and by doing this all the work input is done by me. All they do is print off the paperwork next morning ( as long as fee is paid) and it is posted. Only those that send in there permit request by post or hand over the counter then their workload increases. In my view I could accept a $5-10 increase but if I am doing the work for them online $90 is not justified. Will be putting in a protest letter to the minister at least to state my disgust.

By the way Miners Right is now $26.50 as per the schedule of fees just downloaded from DMP.

Regards Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 8:28 am

Sure happy I got my Miners Right for 50 cents a few years ago. Wink

40E Permit Increase Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:35 pm

Hi Peter,

A few years ago!!,we got our original ones in 1980 for a cost of $10 lost those and had to get some more and they cost @25 each ...just sayin

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 6:13 pm

Hi Ron,
Think you have your facts wrong, WA Miners Right is for life and back in 1980 they were 50 cents.
Photo attached.

40E Permit Increase Peter_10

Cheers mate.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Thu 25 Jul 2019, 9:59 pm

We've just tonight returned from Nullagine. We ran into quite a few eastern state prospectors and the few groups we discussed the 40e permit system with said that they didn't bother with them. It seems common practice to just turn up and prospect wherever they choose because they know that the worst that will happen is that they are asked to move on. They are all of the opinion that they will never be caught and if they are nothing will come of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold on Fri 26 Jul 2019, 7:30 am

Moneybox wrote:We've just tonight returned from Nullagine. We ran into quite a few eastern state prospectors and the few groups we discussed the 40e permit system with said that they didn't bother with them. It seems common practice to just turn up and prospect wherever they choose because they know that the worst that will happen is that they are asked to move on. They are all of the opinion that they will never be caught and if they are nothing will come of it.

That's an appalling attitude, and one that will stuff it for those of us that do the right thing !
The GSDU needs to start making an example out of some of these bastards, and seize their vehicles and vans. That will make them change their attitude !

Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sat 27 Jul 2019, 9:58 pm

It seems that the Aussie gold series has created a Major gold rush here in wa. Coming from all over Australia and overseas seeking the gold. It's going to get tougher for us all out there.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Sun 28 Jul 2019, 2:38 pm

Hopefully they chase those big nuggets over in Victoria and give wa a miss
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Mon 29 Jul 2019, 8:23 am

martinjsto wrote:It seems that the Aussie gold series has created a Major gold rush here in wa. Coming from all over Australia and overseas seeking the gold. It's going to get tougher for us all out there.  

The Aussie gold series mob should be held accountable for the B******t they have put out to the public. We all know everyone is responsible for his/her actions but not everyone is clued up on what you can and can not do.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Mon 29 Jul 2019, 9:31 am

Agree we are all accountable for our own actions it's just statically clear the more gold hungry prospectors out there the more of the few percent that don't care and will flout the law.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum