Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC-2300 delivers on a 25yo scrape.

3 posters

Go down

SDC-2300 delivers on a 25yo scrape. Empty SDC-2300 delivers on a 25yo scrape.

Post by Nightjar Mon 08 Apr 2019, 3:51 pm

Minelab SDC-2300 miracle machine.
Back in ’95 we took over a Prospecting Lease; the previous owners had done some work with a bobcat barely scraping the rocks off about 1 hectare in total.
We arrived with Garrett Groundhogs and the then new Whites Vsat’s and immediately found gold they had left. Through the coming years we advanced through the Minelab range occasionally revisiting these scrapes and always finding a few more pieces.
Two of my mates recently purchased a SDC-2300 each and were fortunate to receive some firsthand tuition on how to gain the best out of this amazing machine.
In a nutshell the tutor lay down, “For best results become a “scrubber.”
The two decided they would give the scrapes one more try.
Low and behold 4 hours later they returned to the camp and sat down with a couple of frothies and realised they had a total of 81 nuggets from what they believed had to be barren ground.
N – 54 total = 12.7grams
C – 27 total = 7grams.
Two very happy fellas who can’t wait to get back and swing over some virgin ground, only 199 hectares to go. Very Happy

SDC-2300 delivers on a 25yo scrape. Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

SDC-2300 delivers on a 25yo scrape. Empty Re: SDC-2300 delivers on a 25yo scrape.

Post by JustScratching Mon 08 Apr 2019, 5:03 pm

Hi Nightjar, My wife just picked up a new SDC 2300 along with the new Coiltec coil, we just have to wait till it cools down a bit before going up north.

Best regards
JS

JustScratching

Back to top Go down

SDC-2300 delivers on a 25yo scrape. Empty Re: SDC-2300 delivers on a 25yo scrape.

Post by Nightjar Mon 08 Apr 2019, 8:32 pm

JustScratching wrote: My wife just picked up a new SDC 2300 along with the new Coiltec coil,

Best regards
JS

You could have saved yourself a few hundred $$'s JS. With the SDC you don't need to void your warranty messing with an unproven coil.
Did the dealer mention warranty?

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by JustScratching Tue 09 Apr 2019, 9:31 am

Hi Nightjar,
The coil was fitted by dealer who followed this procedure,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF0jPcgqZlk&t=1s&fbclid=IwAR0KQzKwQKW2lJUxWZw39-4ZDtWi1YbPcQfldHNTUBq4p7js4TTF6_Cjyjk

Hard to see what can go wrong. We hope to have some fun finding gold when trying it out.

Best regards
JS

JustScratching

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Tue 09 Apr 2019, 9:02 pm

I’m sure removing 2 Allen bolts and replacing, 2 plastic screws and unplugging the coil is going to cause any warranty probs. I done mine in less than 5 minute and it feels like a real detector now . Might hang the old coil on the fence Razz
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 10 Apr 2019, 7:30 am

hippyty wrote:I’m sure removing 2 Allen bolts and replacing, 2 plastic screws and unplugging the coil is going to cause any warranty probs. I done mine in less than 5 minute and it feels like a real detector now . Might hang the old coil on the fence Razz

Hippyty, You obviously haven't read the latest Minelab warranty release?
And it's definitely your choice what you do with your machine.
You can buy another coil and adaptor cheap in Meekatharra, advertised on supermarket notice board????

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Wed 10 Apr 2019, 8:33 am

I’ve read the advertised warranty statement, didn’t stop me swapping coils, it also worth noting how much dust gets trap under the plate that covers the coil plug, mine needed a good blow out.The only damage I can see happening is reinstalling the old coil which won’t be happening. It would interesting to see if minelab start putting tamperproof screws and warranty void stickers on new sdcs they send out. I suggest snapping up the cheap coil and crank it up to 5 and swing away.
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down