Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian geology travel maps

5 posters

Go down

Australian geology travel maps Empty Australian geology travel maps

Post by hippyty Tue 26 Mar 2019, 6:31 pm

For Apple users this app Australian Geology Travel Maps by David Collins might get rid of the laptop, I’ve downloaded it and looks pretty good. There is a yearly subscription fee of around $35.
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Australian geology travel maps Empty Re: Australian geology travel maps

Post by hippyty Tue 26 Mar 2019, 9:18 pm

Here a couple screen shots of my iPhone[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 03 Apr 2019, 12:41 pm

it does look pretty good Ty, have you had chance to use it out bush and does it give you your location and track offline?
cheers bud

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Wed 03 Apr 2019, 3:06 pm

Hi Martin,
It’s runs offline although needs internet to update tenement data, it’s also got a tracking feature but the screen doesn’t follow as you drive, so you need to recentre every so often, hopefully something the app developer will look into. Tracks can also be exported to kml files. You can download and try it out with a 7 day triall for the main program and a 3 day trial for the prospectors pack. I’m heading out Yalgoo/Magnet way tomorrow to try out both the program and the new sdc coil for a few days so I’ll let you know how it goes when I get back.
Here’s a screen shot on my iPad I took earlier today running hema and the app side by side.
Cheers Ty
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Fri 15 Nov 2019, 8:30 am

Hi Hippyty

I know that it’s been quite a while since you last post on this, but I wonder if you have any further comments / observations on the AGTM app?

I am about to move into the 21st century and buy an iphone, so am looking around at available apps. It is essential that it be able to display tenement maps and my position on the ground.

I am also considering the Happy Prospector app.

Thanks.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Fri 15 Nov 2019, 7:32 pm

I am in the same situation Col having just got an iPhone so not sure which way to go myself.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 15 Nov 2019, 9:27 pm

Sorry guys but I have to say this. Anyone who has Apple gear, then best of luck.
There is enough on YouTube about Iphones and Ipads to make your hair curl.
I'll leave it at that. It's everyones choice what they have.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sat 16 Nov 2019, 6:44 am

Thanks Cliff,now my head is really spinning in confusion.Looks like a bit of reading now.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 18 Nov 2019, 2:59 pm

cruiser1 wrote:Thanks Cliff,now my head is really spinning in confusion.Looks like a bit of reading now.

Sorry  Very Happy

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Wed 20 Nov 2019, 3:29 pm

Another option that I am looking at is to keep my old Samsung flip phone (that has an external aerial connection) and buy an iPad or tablet.

On a suitable tablet I expect to be able to run either of the apps mentioned above plus Tengraph and all on a device that is portable, convenient to use, has a good sized screen and is reasonably priced.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 21 Nov 2019, 5:53 pm

Hi Col
Personal choice as to which tablet you get but check out this. I have one to run Geomap and it has all the bells and whistles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Thu 21 Nov 2019, 6:27 pm

Hi Col, the app has improved at lot since it’s release, grats for 40es are now in the layers, coordinates are easier to find specific area geology maps are downloadable, I also like being able to update current tenements at a click of a button. The bonus is it can be downloaded to 5 apple devices, so I mainly run it on an iPad Pro, which is window mountable with a ram mount, but also on my iPhone in my back pack, Which is handy when away from camp. The only issue is you can only have 2 layers running at one time, not a biggy on the field, but at home my main research is done on geomap
Which ever way you go apple or Samsung I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Hi Cliff,
I was thinking of getting one of those Samsung rigs before my iPad Pro, but wasn’t sure if the inbuilt gps works with geomap, do you still need a gps dongle.
Cheers
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 22 Nov 2019, 12:50 pm

G'day Ty
I didn't know the Samsung had inbuilt GPS. I just use a GPS dongle.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Sun 24 Nov 2019, 8:48 am

Hippyty, thanks for the update on the app. I like the feature of having Section 40e’s as a layer and being able to locate your position on the ground in relation to them. The same goes for tenement maps. At a first glance, though, there seems to be a bit of fiddling around required to create the 40e layer.

Like yourself, I have a Hema that I find OK for most of what I do, so the tracking feature of the app is not an issue (I think).

A couple of days ago I bought a Google Nexus 7 (2013 model) tablet. It has 2 GB RAM, 32 GB storage and full GPS capability (not A-GPS). It is only Wi-Fi enabled, so I will need to update tenement maps before I go on a trip, but that’s all I used to do with Geomap on my laptop anyway.

When I get a bit more familiar with the tablet, I will download the free trial of the AGTM app and see how it goes.

Again, like yourself, I do most of my research on the PC at home, so I am hoping the tablet, while relatively old and cheap, will still be a workable option. Quite frankly, when out in the bush, I am happy to get away from all the electronic gizmos.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 08 Mar 2020, 8:43 pm

just recalled this post, got the app Ty and I recon its pretty good.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down