Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC2300 New Coils available from Coiltek

Go down

SDC2300 New Coils available from Coiltek Empty SDC2300 New Coils available from Coiltek

Post by Viper on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 1:18 pm

What most have been waiting for, a real boost for the SDC.

Lets hope you get what you pay for!

https://www.coiltek.com.au/coils/gold-extreme/
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 New Coils available from Coiltek Empty Re: SDC2300 New Coils available from Coiltek

Post by hippyty on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 8:03 pm

I’m keen to give it a go any thoughts on which coil would be worth buying.
Cheers Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 New Coils available from Coiltek Empty Re: SDC2300 New Coils available from Coiltek

Post by david dj on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 8:50 am

I think the 14x9 would give that extra depth
cheers john

david dj

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 10:37 am

yep i would start with the 14x9 then see what the SDC can do.
i reccon it will be noisy on higher settings but so is the standard 8 inch coil. i always run the sdc on 5 unless extremely bad ground, even when noisy you will still pick out the targets. interesting times ahead.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 1:56 pm

I will not be in a hurry to buy one of the Coiltek coils.

Firstly, not until I read some field test reports, but secondly, I would be very surprised if either Nugget Finder and/or Minelab don’t have something in the pipeline for this very popular detector.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 3:30 pm

i have seen a vid off the 11inch in action and tried to post it but was on facebook and couldn't do it without bringing up access to my account for some reason.
signal strength was brilliant don't know the weight of the nugget but was 7-8 inch in depth, word from another tester was 1g bit easily @ 10inch using the 11 inch.
very interesting times ahead
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 3:53 pm

Martin or Cliff I've shared it to my Facebook if you computer whizz's can share that vid without access to accounts

video has been taking down

Last edited by gold n beer on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 7:02 pm

I ended up swinging towards the 11in round and hopefully will have some results after Easter if I’m allowed out 
Cheers all
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 7:38 am

Certainly not purchasing one until Coiltek come clean and guarantee that Minelab warranty is not breached and advice on how to fit coils and revert to SDC original set up.

SDC2300 New Coils available from Coiltek Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Thu 14 Mar 2019, 8:43 am

I came across this on another forum interesting reads.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29880&p=4
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 2:56 pm

gold n beer wrote:Martin or Cliff I've shared it to my Facebook if you computer whizz's can share that vid without access to accounts

video has been taking down

From what I can see, the videos are available but they are on the Coiltek Facebook page and I don't think I can copy them. I would have thought they would be on YouTube be I can't find them, Yet Very Happy

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 3:26 pm

Seen the 14x9 being used this morning around the test pit for our APLA field day tomorrow. Didn't get around to trying it myself as i was on a shovel. Prospectors Pick will have the SDC with that coil for try out tomorrow for interested people. Field day starts 10am Panizza Rd Dardanup.Other stall holders and exhitions to see and participate in. Cheers
Follow the signs.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 9:08 am

Hi Homer08,

Cheers for that info, tried finding on google no pianniza rd ,no dams field...didnt exist as advertised so had a look at sat google and found a panizza rd and at the end was a aeromodellers club house and grounds so figured thats where it would be...we'll be there sometime this mourning

Cheers, Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Tue 19 Mar 2019, 9:27 am

Hi Homer,
Interested in your thought on the new coils after your apla field day.
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:48 am

Hi Ty, i never got over to see that SDC testing. When i talk to one of the others that did i will let you know. Kirk was there and he now has the Pro version for android up and running on happy prospector. Cheers.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 7:57 am

I have found Coiltek very aproachable with any questions you may wish to ask...

On the subject of battery life on the new coils.....

The ‘extra power’ draw query does come up often and essentially it is as follows…

When any size coil is plugged in to a detector the amount of power draw remains relatively constant. This is because the coil specifications are the same no matter what size coil. Whether you have a 6” size or a 14” size the specs are the same so the detector essentially ‘sees’ the same specs at the coil and therefore the draw on current will be the same between coils in a constant environment. The main draw on power between coils is the amount of audio it has to process (targets, ground noise, interference) and with a larger coil it will need to deal with slightly more noise as it has to handle more ground and potentially will see more targets. These targets will be the defining factor of how much the battery life will last.

So in terms of a supped up coil the SDC coils are not that supped up compared to the standard as they provide the detector with the same specs, its just that the larger coils may encounter more targets and this may result in a slightly larger battery drain but this is not going to be the case all the time. To further answer your question regarding power drain, we have not performed any tests or assessed what this may be as we have not seen it as a limiting factor to the coils performance. Over the years there have not been any instances where we have seen any greater power drain from any of our coils on any of the detectors.

On the subject of Minelab warranty....

In short the answer is no – these coils will not void your warranty when plugged in to the SDC. The only way you can void any warranty with Minelab is if you damage the shaft or machine physically when performing the changeover which I cannot see how anyone would but it may occur if the user is rough or doesn’t follow our procedure for it. We will have a video on the installation out next week which will show how easy it is. Minelab have put out a communication regarding this and state that if they deem a warranty claim is to be a result of the user performing the change or the coil then they may not cover the claim. You can find the release publicly online.

I guess this is a standard response from a big company regarding aftermarket parts. Minelab have never stated they endorse after market parts and the only time we have had approval is with the coils we collaborate on with them – Xterra and CTX coils. But by us already working with them and having a good relationship we always ensure they know what we are doing with the coils we make so they knew of these coils in early 2018 when we started to design them however we did not collaborate or work with them on any of the design or development – this was all Coiltek.

I hope this answers your question and remember that people have a choice if they wish to purchase these coils and if they do not feel comfortable in doing so then that is fine and best they don’t. Once they understand it more then they can make an informed decision.

As I said coiltek are very aproachable on any other questions you may wish to ask Contact is...

Trevor Ferraresso.... Sales & Business Development Manager

CTMEnquiry@coiltek.com.au

Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 10:56 am

Good work on the research Viper, had a quick swing of the 14x9 at the Reeds display at the camping show, it feels well balanced with good coverage. When mine arrives I don’t think it will be coming off.
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 8:45 am

VIDEO ON HOW TO INSTALL THE NEW COILS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF0jPcgqZlk&t=1s
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 10:08 pm

I went out with a friend last week in Cue. He was using the SDC on the standard coil and then swapped to the little 10"x5" Coiltek. It only took about fifteen minutes the first time. He feels he didn't lose anything in performance but maybe picked up a bit in depth. He came back with several tiny pieces averaging 0.1g, similar to what he was finding with the standard coil. He's gone off to work so his wife has swapped her standard SDC for his to see how it goes but I haven't spoken to her since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum